3 Months With ASUS ROG Swift

st4rk

Gawd
Still love it. I don't think I'll ever go back to a non-Gsync monitor. Even doing mundane stuff in Windows feels so smooth at 120hz.

The bad thing was I had to upgrade my 770 to a 980, because most of the time I was barely hitting 60fps in the latest games, no point in this monitor if you can't go over 60fps.

Haven't used the 3d, don't really care. I've read reviews on 3d anyways and it's not something I'm terribly enthusiastic about, especially since the Occulus is coming out.

I must recommend a Gsync monitor if you have an NVidia card, doesn't have to be this one, it's such a huge upgrade.

I love the thin bezel too. And I LOVE the instant on/off with the power button. Why the hell do other companies put a splash screen when you turn the monitor on?! It's incredibly annoying.

The other downside would be lack of dvi/hdmi.

I was thinking of getting the swift but the lack of inputs and $200 premium over freesync monitors made me stop.

I was thinking of getting the swift but the lack of inputs and $200 premium over freesync monitors made me stop.

What are you going to do with extra inputs on a monitor really only made for pc gaming? Also freesync is having issues.

What are you going to do with extra inputs on a monitor really only made for pc gaming? Also freesync is having issues.

Some people like hooking up their consoles to the same monitor as their PC. If it was me though I would just buy a decent 1080p 60Hz IPS/VA monitor dedicated for consoles.

It's my understanding that the more inputs a display has the more input lag there is. Or something like that. A gaming monitor will not be without trade-offs (cost counts as a trade-off, too)

I've never heard of the number of inputs having anything to do with input lag and google is failing me on this one. Can you link to any articles about this? I'd love to learn more!

I've never heard of the number of inputs having anything to do with input lag and google is failing me on this one. Can you link to any articles about this? I'd love to learn more!

Typically it is the addition of an input scaler that can cause additional input lag.

I haven't been overly impressed with mine and after I got a Titan X, i've had nothing but troubles.

Still love it. I don't think I'll ever go back to a non-Gsync monitor. Even doing mundane stuff in Windows feels so smooth at 120hz.

The bad thing was I had to upgrade my 770 to a 980, because most of the time I was barely hitting 60fps in the latest games, no point in this monitor if you can't go over 60fps.

Haven't used the 3d, don't really care. I've read reviews on 3d anyways and it's not something I'm terribly enthusiastic about, especially since the Occulus is coming out.

I must recommend a Gsync monitor if you have an NVidia card, doesn't have to be this one, it's such a huge upgrade.

I love the thin bezel too. And I LOVE the instant on/off with the power button. Why the hell do other companies put a splash screen when you turn the monitor on?! It's incredibly annoying.

The other downside would be lack of dvi/hdmi.

actually, Gsync is helping you a lot with your low frame rates, just make sure you stay above 40fps, games should still feel smooth.

Still love it

I appreciate this info. There is another ASUS Rog Swift that is xxx pages long. It has lots of technical details but I couldn't figure out after reading most of that thread if people actually liked the monitor...

Back