3/31 where's everybody mining?

mkrohn

2[H]4U
I've been on auto pilot with my 15Mh split across various auto pools. kinda seems like a big shift is happening but I haven't been reading much.

I personally will be mining until I am truly losing money hoping for a recovery.

Where is everybody and how are they doing NOW?

I have been sitting tight on DOGE for the past month and making about $10 a day after all costs. Currentlly mining at dogehouse at 7MH total.

Last edited:
Wafflepool right now. I'm making about $12 a day with 5MH/s. No power costs so all "profit". Unfortunately I got into this whole thing pretty late, but I'm going to stick with it.

I've put 20mh back on Waffle and the rest i'm mining Scrypt-N coins.

I've been through these dark patches many times, I just forget it's happening and keep mining, it will bounce back when this China bollocks is over for the 3rd time, i'm so tired of it.

I'm mining LTC. Since it was originally what I got into mining for, I figure I'll just go back to it and hope for the best. At this point I'm not really concerned about what is most profitable (because everything is pretty much shit right now) but what has the potential to become the most profitable. I think LTC and Doge are the two best bets right now, especially if Doge keeps sponsoring sporting stuff.

3.2Mh on Clever right now (DDoS this weekend, they handled it well), 1st backup is Waffle then Coinshift. I'll keep plugging away until I'm breaking even or losing money from power costs. Even then I'd probably hold my gear and wait for the market to recover.

All my rigs pointed at LTC as well for probably close to a month now. I went back to Waffle for a few days, but the payouts were so bad I went back to LTC.

Im renting rigs out on betarigs atm... most profitable at 0.0060/mH lol.

Also I am mining CWC coin inbetween, i tend to hit the new alt coins and dump them fast.

My farm is pointed at Betarigs and I'm keeping it rented out nearly 100% of the time at around .0065/Mh which beats the pants off any multipool right now.

It still sucks but at least I'm still turning a profit and collecting BTC at the same time.

Sucks to hear that 5Mhs now nets us $12 a day :(

I'm at WafflePool. No point for me in chasing what'll be profitable tomorrow at the cost of the best deal today.

Doge right now for me.

This is the same thing that happened after the first Bitcoin $30 bubble pop nearly 3 years ago.

I'm jumping around between coins that I believe will survive and be worth something in the future... LTC, DOGE, VTC. Currently on DOGE as we have less than a month left before the next block reward split.

This. Would still be profitable but not worth such small daily returns to leave them on.

How small are we talking here? I'm hovering somewhere just under 3x power costs. With BTC at $455, ~3Mh brings me a little under $6 a day and power costs are around $2 a day ($0.08 kwh). I get $4 bucks in my pocket to just leave them on.

Do you guys mine Doge in a pool or by yourselves? If a pool, which one? Right now I'm mining with Waffle but considering switching to individual coins.

How small are we talking here? I'm hovering somewhere just under 3x power costs. With BTC at $455, ~3Mh brings me a little under $6 a day and power costs are around $2 a day ($0.08 kwh). I get $4 bucks in my pocket to just leave them on.

About $25-$35/day after electric, but it's a balancing act because that's at rates of 12c kwh. If I go over the annual threshold at 60,000 kwh's, it's double rates for a one year period after the overage. For such small profit, not worth racking up the kwh's.

Do you guys mine Doge in a pool or by yourselves? If a pool, which one? Right now I'm mining with Waffle but considering switching to individual coins.

If you mine on Scryptguild you can set it to keep any coin that is mined at the time, i did that for a short while with Doge and LTC then had it auto convert the others to BTC.

been there, I believe you will come to regret this

I'm not poor enough I can't subsidize the electric costs. Hedging against future profits by hording coin. So I gotta agree with jojo. My other hobbies (motorsports) are far more costly, with no profits hah.

Heavycoin.

It's actually profitable at the moment, and the Hefty1 algo is a real treat in terms of power usage. For example, my 4x reference 290 rig pulls 1500w+ from the wall (Stilt BIOS) on scrypt, 1100w on Keccak, and only 670w mining Hefty1, and of course temps are much lower as well.

Same power savings on my 280/7970 rigs and my 270 rigs. On my sig Nvidia rig it's also half the power usage of scrypt. Plus this coin does better with Nvidia 7 series cards than AMD R9 cards with the current miners, subject to change as OpenCL code gets tweaked. 750Ti does better than a 270x, 780ti does better than a 290x.

Doge for a while now, 10 Mega hash on Coinotron.com, Was doing Litecoin in the beginning, went to MultiPoll.us for a while. Couple others for a short time. Four custom hand built aluminum open air frame boxes 3xR9290 1x7970 each. Summertime almost here, so probably coming down soon.

Not everyone has cheap power. It cost me $130 to run just 500 watts 24/7, maybe even a bit more. ~$130 per ~1.2mh/s is not really worth it, especially when those power costs also stay high for a few months after shutting it off. (Tiered bullshit with the bill being the average use over the past few months)

80mhash pointed at ScryptGuild. I set it to hold Dogecoin and pay that out to my wallet, everything else it converts to BTC for me. Haven't even looked at my farm the past few days.

On my P2Pool node mining DOGE with a few others. It pays out in BlackCoin which can no longer be PoW mined. The first week has had good results. And I have more plans coming for it. I'm just going a totally different route right now in cryptos by trying to really become involved with a coin. So instead of just speculating and literally doing nothing and hoping for the best, I've actually invested into a coin that looked promising, and am actively trying to make the investment work along with others in the community. And so far it has worked out well with BC. :)

Without a full explanation, let's just say that my mining philosophy would never have made me a millionaire regardless of what the market does, so I'm actually happier right now that I have more time to invest in other things than I do trying to pursue the next hot coin.

I turned my rigs off just because of the heat and I'm getting ready to move.

Yes, I was still making a profit, albeit small... but the reduction in heat and smaller power bill is worth it to me in the short term. Not selling anything off... just waiting for now until we get set up in our new place.

I get bundled power so it's still profitable for me. If I use a little power, I pay the same thing as if I was using a ton of power. I'm only mining with about 5Mh/s with no intentions of expanding.

Still on waffle since the beginning. I'm hoping BTC recovers.

Looks interesting, but I don't quite get the point of Protoshares converting to Bitshares when it launches. Can anyone shed some light on that?

The whole notion of that is not necessarily even mattering about bitshares per say, but to keep the price of PTS high due to the ability to redeem bitshares with them.

If people know they can be rewarded the same same number of Bitshares as they have Protoshares, quite a few won't dump their PTS bag cause Bitshares will likely have a nice bump at the opening of the currency.

It's all an elaborate mechanism / scheme to keep PTS and all of invictus' other currencies from being pumped and dumped!

Back