3.2TB SSD for $240

msi x-570-a pro

Yes, your 2nd x16 slot goes through the PCH. That means it will be sharing bandwidth with your 2nd NVMe drive, SATA, USB, ethernet, etc, but shouldn't slowed down too much.

Offer was just accepted for 200, good luck to everyone else buyin'. Mine will be here by the 27th, so I'll update with endurance numbers once I get it fired up.

Offer was just accepted for 200, good luck to everyone else buyin'. Mine will be here by the 27th, so I'll update with endurance numbers once I get it fired up.

Ooh cool! I submitted an offer for $215 on Fri and the seller let it expire. I guess I'll try submitting one for $200, lol.

Nice to see some enterprise gear being spotlighted here. These things have some incredible durability too and will be still working when the best of consumer drives have already failed long ago. (y)
The Samsung 830 drives we got like 9 years ago are still all going. So not all consumer drives are made equal.

I still rock some Circa' 2008 Intel X-25E (Enterprise) 64GB SLC SSD's. The only one that failed... was an ES model!

Dang... thinking about getting one of these for my ESXi server, will it support it? As if my memory bottleneck could get any worse.

Accepted my $200 offer, I also had a 10% coupon on paypal from somewhere "BIGTEN" IIRC so I got it for 180.
Hopefully the wear isnt too bad, this will be my steam game drive, to replace my 500gb SSD that has been borderline full for a couple years now...

Dang... thinking about getting one of these for my ESXi server, will it support it? As if my memory bottleneck could get any worse.

I've used similar drives under VMware without issue. I don't currently own any, and the support page only mentions ESXi 6.0, but the .VIB probably works with at least 6.5. I know I had one of their later drives working under 6.7 at one point.

Just accepted my offer at 199.00! I'm going for it!

Turns out I had $65 in eBay bucks too...should be fun!

Last edited:
Hopefully there are some left, I won't have $ till next month. Please update on stats when you guys get them! I would love to stop over in my home server, 96gb ram + 256gb sata ssd, 6 dive raid 10... One of these would complete it, lol.

Capture.JPG

86% Remaining. Seems Pretty good to me.

drives.JPG

F is the Fusion Drive, G is my gaming Array (5x EDGE Boost Pro 480gb in Raid 0), and C is my Sandisk 960gb Boot Drive. Pretty Solid Improvement over my gaming array.

Oh man am I pumped now lmao. Seeing the numbers and wear makes me feel great about my buy. Got my tracking today, so hopefully it makes it's way to me quickly.

Yeah, I got it because one of the 5 drives in my array are shitting out. Went from 72% health to 1% in one day. Still works, but I get the random hiccup.
Are your gaming raid 0 numbers suffering for the failing drive? Im surprised that RAID array isn't faster than that? The 3.2GB drive is stealing your RAID array’s lunch money!

Also — What temps are you seeing. There is some question if these require active cooling.

Are your gaming raid 0 numbers suffering for the failing drive? Im surprised that RAID array isn't faster than that? The 3.2GB drive is stealing your RAID array’s lunch money!

Might be? It's hamstrung by two different controllers and SATA2 and 3 ports mixed. I had just gotten a shit ton of those Edge SSDs from work when they were retired. So I slapped in as many as the board would hold and used windows software raid. It's honestly been pretty worry free ever since it was installed. They're all garbage Sandforce drives too.

Mine hangs out at 47 idle 53 loaded copying the raid over to it. Pretty reasonable. It's directly above my video card too. I do have a lot of fans in my case though.
Should be fine there for sure

I've got a pair of the 1.6TB drives in service (one in each of my iSCSI targets) and they work great, tempting to pick up a pair of these to double my VM storage even though I am hardly filling the 1.6TB drives

Just put in an offer at 190, thanks for the benchmarks, going to replace my crappy random ssd's that were on sale from like 2017

They are slower than nvme drives... So really not much benefit
Are they, though?

Sequential, sure, but sequential isn't the interesting number. 4K QD1 benchmarks look about the same as modern NVMe drives.

Last edited:
Just noticed on the listing these Fusion drives were made in USA if you look on the back of the card. Pretty rare these days for computer parts, though maybe enterprise equipment is more common.

Is there some driver or bios limitation on this drives or they work on any pci-e slot?

Are they, though?

Sequential, sure, but sequential isn't the interesting number. 4K QD1 benchmarks look about the same as modern NVMe drives.
No, they aren't horrible for sure. I have an old server that I may pick some of these up for since my server is pcie 2.0. They seem like a decent deal.

Didnt take my offer at 190 and stopped taking offers lol

Bought anyway, for games this is going to be un noticeable between an nvme. Thanks for posting OP! Will update with pics and numbers once I get it.

Thanks! got one for 199.96. 3.2TB will replace a 500GB NVME gaming drive (thats 90% full) that I have installed via a PCIe card in one of my 16x slots. I seriously doubt I'll see a big difference in load times between the two, and at $200 for 3.2TB...yeah, no brainer.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks! got one for 199.96. 3.2TB will replace a 500GB NVME gaming drive (thats 90% full) that I have installed via a PCIe card in one of my 16x slots. I seriously doubt I'll see a big difference in load times between the two, and at $200 for 3.2TB...yeah, no brainer.

You won't. I've used sn260 pcie cards. It's not going to make a difference in loads like that.

I wonder about endurance on those, the old ssd mlc chips were really bad. Does it support trim?

If they are weak, and do not support trim it's a bad deal (at least for me - even for zfs cache usage.)

Not enterprise drives that were 10+ thousand US dollars when they were new.
Used to have few LSI, Micron and OCZ (similar enterprise grade ~1tb ssd's on pci-e) in old company i was working at the time used for saas search engine indexing, was chewing through them within a year. (and those were SLC not weaker MLC - and they were really expensive)

MLC's in old enterprise were like 4000-6000 writes cycles (at very best)

Last edited:
Back