3.2TB SSD for $240

Interesting... Is this good actually? might use it as a game drive... If I can that is with this hehe

They are slower than nvme drives... So really not much benefit, but at the time (pcie 2.0 x8) these where pretty good. Mostly server use obviously. 3.2tb is pretty big solid state, especially a few years back.

I love these. They absolutely dominate at low queue depth random IOPS... It's a shame this large of a capacity is full-height. Otherwise I might buy a few.

I bought one of your $199 linked ones for a game drive on windows 10.

Cant touch the price with new consumer stuff, and I’ve been looking for a ~4TB SSD. This will do nicely and cheaper....still plenty fast

upload_2020-1-16_22-8-25.png

some more information in this thread
https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/uk-cheap-fusion-io-£150-3-2tb-and-£400-6-4tb-pci-e-ssds.25348/

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought one of your $199 linked ones for a game drive on windows 10.

Cant touch the price with new consumer stuff, and I’ve been looking for a ~4TB SSD. This will do nicely and cheaper....still plenty fast

View attachment 216380

some more information in this thread
https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/uk-cheap-fusion-io-£150-3-2tb-and-£400-6-4tb-pci-e-ssds.25348/
Again, no affiliation, just saw it slightly cheaper. Please keep us updated! 3.2TB SSD for $200 is a good price if you don't need to boot from it.

These are fast steady state and should be very reliable because they are enterprise drives. Although the cons are much higher power consumption and unknown wear.

My MB is a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (Ver.1), and I'm running a Xeon W3680 processor. I think my PCIe slots are 2.0.
Should be fine to run on your X58 motherboard. The thread I linked above has one guy that says it works with Windows 7, so you can assume Win 8 too, and for sure people in the thread used Win 10.

Can I expect speeds like the ones you posted? How will they react with a Sata III boot drive? Thanks

Unsure precisely on benchmarks. It should have no problem at all co-existing with your sata disks.

I have no direct experiences with these cards yet. My coworker who is a VMWARE infrastructure and server admin said it is common to use these types of cards for caching before writing to disk. Our enterprise used them he said.

You can rest assured it will be multiples faster of your sata drive interface to be sure. You saw that you cannot use these as boot drives right? These will crush any sata based SSD speeds as well. Seems like a great option to add still very fast storage to a legacy system like you have.

I'd really be wary then cuz these things date back to 2013, and if they've been used that long in an enterprise... how much life is left?
Its a dice roll. Ill give you one sample data point in a few days when mine arrives - which will be as randomly inconsequential as the rest of the pulls.

there are other samples in the thread I linked above from various system pulls nothing was even close to exhausting endurance capacity at 20PB. Not saying it couldn't be — just saying chances are, I suspect, very low that will be an issue. 20PB is a LOT of writing!!!

Last edited:
Just tossed an offer, we'll see if they accept. Still rocking an old M550 256GB SSD and WD Black 1TB spinner. I'm always scraping the bottom of the barrel with my storage, having to uninstall things all the time to make room. This would be a massive upgrade lol

Keep in mind the X370/470/570 platform has only 20 lanes, which are completely used by a graphics card and x4 nvme

I have x570, with two m.2 nvme slots. I have one gpu, and both m.2 slots filled. Would I be able to connect this drive to my system?

Back