3.2 Prescott and Mobo $190 @ Fry's

uclajd

Gawd
1192637_1321298.jpg

Nice little deal from Fry's. My OEM 3.2 was more than that by itself. The question is, which mobo? The pic looks like socket 478... :confused:

uclajd said:
1192637_1321298.jpg

Nice little deal from Fry's. My OEM 3.2 was more than that by itself. The question is, which mobo? The pic looks like socket 478... :confused:

I'm guessing an ECS mobo

uclajd said:
The question is, which mobo? The pic looks like socket 478... :confused:

lol dont matter, like you said, the CPU alone is like 220...sell the mobo on ebay for like 50 bucks...sweet deal

It is ECS motherboard, total crap, 90% of them get returned to Fry's

The pic looks like socket 478...

Lol the 3.2 prescot IS Socket 478

And yeah, its that gay ECS P8T800 via chipset mobo, pretty much the worst dualchannel 478 mobo in existance. Talk about not being able to even give a product away...

I bought the 3.0E Deal last week for 169.99 and it came with that motherboard. And all I gotta say this ECS motherboard does fskin suck like no other. Worst bios ever. Lets just say in like 2 weeks imma get a MSI Neo for this processor. All you are paying for this deal is the processor.

I seen people buy those ECS boards by themselves for like $50

it makes a good web surfing/wife pc. :D I got this combo when it was 179. I beleive they had the same mobo and a 3.0 for 169 the week before I got mine.

Warriorprophet said:
Lol the 3.2 prescot IS Socket 478
Apparently we aren't all as smart as you. :rolleyes:

FWIW, there is a 3.2 775 Prescott, called the 540. In previous ads, I've seen Fry's refer to it as a 3.2, smartass.

I know everyone dogs on ECS boards, I do myself. But they are getting better. I had a 2.4 533fsb proc, and it went to 3.4 no problem on the ECS board. Has pretty good fsb options along with minor voltage tweaks, cant complain when the board is free.

Anybody who bought this get a SL7PN? That's the new E0 stepping OEM only P4.

i bought a 2.4c deal with esc board for 119.99 a while ago,

i returned the board.. somehow ( return rep wasnt suppseod to be stationed there ) , and i got 30 bucks back, so .. yeha 90 bucks for a 2.4c , wasnt bad. if you get lucky! you can return the board too! trying never hurts!

Does anybody know if this deal is still on, and works at every store? I might have to get it

uclajd said:
Apparently we aren't all as smart as you. :rolleyes:

FWIW, there is a 3.2 775 Prescott, called the 540. In previous ads, I've seen Fry's refer to it as a 3.2, smartass.

Yes but its not called a 3.2E, its called a 540....in the same ad there is one.

Back