2x512 BH5 or 2x512 4400

Tygerwoody

Gawd
I'm trying to decide between getting Muskin lvl 2 bh5 or XMS Corsair 4400. Which is the better ram to have for a 2.4C p4? or just better ram in general.

if you have an ocz booster, get the bh-5
otherwise get the corsair.. though don't get that corsair unless you know you can do 275mhz fsb on your 2.6, get something slightly slower ;)

I run 2x512 sticks of XMS4400C2.5PT in my shuttle SB75g2. Using a 2.4c I am very easily overclocking to 275FSB at 1:1 on the memory.

Go with the 4400.

Well, if those Corsair uses the Samsung TCCD chips, you'd probably end up getting better performance out of those than the Mushkin+Winbond BH-5 modules, cause generally, TCCD is better in p4 2.4/2.6c systems... cause they're not reliant on low latencies like AMD's. They could use the higher clock/bandwidth with looser latenties, over the lower clocked /lower latency BH-5.

But, of course, this is all assuming you've got a P4 system that easily hits >260FSB, and you're not planning on changing chipsets any time soon ;).

But, on second thought, If I had the choice, i' wouldnt get Corsair, i'd go for G.Skill TCCD (w/the BrainPower PCB's) or Mushkin TCCD, cause well....people are having great results with G.Skill, and hey, Mushkin kick ass ;)

Back