2x120mm radiator mounted with 2 screws enough?

Vulcanworlds

Limp Gawd
Topic title really says it all. I haven't tried it yet as the system is still in pieces, but wanted opinions on overall weight/resonance.

I'm installing an H100 into a custom top for my lian li pc-7b+. The all-in-one unit where the tubs comes out is about 1cm too long (hits the rear, top mounted psu).

The plan is a push/pull setup with ap-15's, two will be mounted to the top of the case, two mounted to the bottom of the radiator. With the radiator's 'rear' 120mm's forwardmost 2 screws being connected to the 'front' top mounted fan's rearmost 2 screws.

That's it for connecting the radiator/fans to the case. So is two screws enough? I mean, these fans aren't heavy, and it's a 2x120x25mm radiator.

I don't know if I feel that it would be totally secure.

So option two involves getting some extra long 6-32 screws go (from the top down), through the top, the grill, the fan, a 1" vertical spacer and then right angle connect to a 1" steel plate with a hole for connecting the radiator to.

[ ] [ ]
L LL L
[ ] [ ]

You get the picture right?

It's a custom top, but not custom enough that you can drill some more holes? Do you have a picture of this custom top?

The H100 is supposed to use 8 screws. I'm sure it would hold with only 2 but for how long?

You'll be fine. Back in my 800D rig I held a 360 rad with 6 fans that must have weight at least 10 pounds with 3 normal fan screws.

I've lugged than thing up and down flights of stairs for dusting and it never came off.

2 screws doesn't work as the psu cables butt up against the back of the radiator and the top won't go all the way down.

Got an array of stuff from the hardware store but I still haven't found what I need that'll work. Have been referred to a hobbyist shop, maybe that'll have something I can use as an arm.

I basically need to suspend my radiator 3/4" down from my top mounted fans, and 3/4" towards the front of the case.

Any etailers out there where you can buy any screw, nut, washer, bracket you choose?

go to a hardware store and hopefully you have a dremel. i would use at least use 4 screws to hold the rad

Back