2x Devil 13 R9 390x2 16GB in Crossfire

alumar

[H]ard|Gawd
So we just got done with our 6x R9 390x2 Ethereum Mining Rig build (yes 12GPU, across 2 mb's) with this Devil 13, posted on youtube. But we decided to team putting together a sick i7, 32gb RAM box with 2 of these cards for some serious benchmarks.

What do you guys suggest we try out for benchmarks? What possibly will tax 4way Crossfire (thats built for it?) Can only imagine some version of a render program? Gaming will probably be weak with more than one were imagining...

Plan is targeting:

Doom in 4k, Ashes of Singluarity, GTA5 and Witcher 3.

What else? Overwatch? HTC Vive games?

Doom doesn't support crossfire lol

SWBF at 4K or 1080p with resolution scale

So we just got done with our 6x R9 390x2 Ethereum Mining Rig build (yes 12GPU, across 2 mb's) with this Devil 13, posted on youtube. But we decided to team putting together a sick i7, 32gb RAM box with 2 of these cards for some serious benchmarks.

What do you guys suggest we try out for benchmarks? What possibly will tax 4way Crossfire (thats built for it?) Can only imagine some version of a render program? Gaming will probably be weak with more than one were imagining...

Plan is targeting:

Doom in 4k, Ashes of Singluarity, GTA5 and Witcher 3.

What else? Overwatch? HTC Vive games?

While I appluad the effort and the sheer insane amount of hardware, If you are just now starting to mine Ethereum then you have missed the bus and barely grabbed the back bumper..Difficulty has been steadily increasing ( I am down nearly 4 full coins a month vs March) despite the rig running with a 100% 24/7 up time with ZERO bad shares..I wish you luck, you might make enough to pay off a card or two depending on your power costs..

While I appluad the effort and the sheer insane amount of hardware, If you are just now starting to mine Ethereum then you have missed the bus and barely grabbed the back bumper..Difficulty has been steadily increasing ( I am down nearly 4 full coins a month vs March) despite the rig running with a 100% 24/7 up time with ZERO bad shares..I wish you luck, you might make enough to pay off a card or two depending on your power costs..

We have 19 rigs and are just over 2500mh ... have been mining since November of last year.

The rig in reference:

Very nice!, especially with the current market prices! I wasn't aware that you had been mining before, it seemed like you were just starting out based on the wording in the OP.

There is a lot of interest in the RX 480 ... as i know most folks are wanting it for VR given its 'AMD' marketing claims. Big question is if its throughput is going to be as good with mining as the R7 370, R9 380, R9 380x, R9 390 and 390x. AMD made a shift in their latest drivers that caused mining to take a hit, most folks using AMD drivers these days use 16.1.1 hotfix and lower if using windows. We tested the new Pro Duo an episode ago and it performed horrible .... only 42mh ...which on paper it should of been more near 65+; not to mention the cost of 1549.xx

Back