2x 3TB 7200rpm Hard drives and a 32GB 3.0 flash drive sale

KILLER_K

Supreme [H]ardness
2x 3TB Toshiba 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Hard Drive + 32GB ADATA DashDrive USB 3.0 Flash Drive $199

Newegg has a combo consisting of 2x 3TB Toshiba 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (PH3300U-1I72) + 1x 32GB ADATA DashDrive UV128 USB 3.0 Flash Drive (AUV128-32G-RBY) for $197.99. Shipping is $0.99.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Combo...ables-_-na-_-na&ItemList=Combo.1455466&cm_sp=

2x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit $259.98
1x ADATA DashDrive UV128 32GB Flash Drive Model AUV128-32G-RBY
$21.99

Combined Total: $281.97
Combo Discounts: -$83.98
Combo Price: $197.99

So each drive cost $99 plus a free 32 GB flash drive.

Just a simple and quick copy from slickdeals. Credit goes to "eluxing".

Arent Toshiba drives junk?

Every hard drive company has some models that some would consider "junk." I have a 2 TB Seagate that was considered "junk" by many and it's still works great after 3 years.

Hard drives are really a luck of the draw sort of deal, just people have a tendency to post about the bad more than the good..

As for the deal, great find. Wish I saw it a few weeks ago.

Damn. A few weeks ago, I bought 2x 3TB Toshiba drives from newegg for 99 a piece. I mean it's the same deal minus I didn't get the flash drive.

Drives have been solid. Packaged in retail boxing, so when the ship they will survive w/o DOA issues that other bare drives come in.

If I could get rid of all my F3s then this would be a good upgrade. One of these would replace 3 of my F3 hard drives. Save some room and get more space.

Arent Toshiba drives junk?

84% of the reviews for this one are 4 or 5 eggs. That's far better than a lot of other drives, though the sample size is smaller. I'd take a chance on them; can't be any worse than Seagate (WD seems to be slipping lately, too).

Nice. I've been looking for a pair of 3TB HDs to put in a NAS housing and the USB 3.0 drive is a nice bonus.

These are retail drives with 3 year warranty. They also come packed inside a foam box which seems seems quite adequate for protecting them during shipping. I bought two a month ago and just ordered two more.

Just found a pretty decent variation on that combo..

2x 3TB Toshiba HDD + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD for $275..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1455644

Going off the pricing in the OP; if the 3TB Toshibas are $100, then this combo makes the Samsung SSD only $75. That's $73 cheaper than the same 3 items at Amazon right now.. not too bad.

Yea, def not a bad deal at all..Use the EVO for your OS install, and have a shit ton of DATA storage..

The ssd is a nice touch for only $75 more.You would be set for a long time like that.

I wound up with 3 of these after biting on a few deals for my next build. Using one with my laptop for Fraps recording using an eSATA enclosure.. Works pretty well.

I was about to bite this deal finally after thinking on it... going up in price sucks but yet again Neweggs terrible shipping prices to APOs is keeping me away.

That is the sad thing with computer stuff. The prices goes up and down. If you happen to get the "NewEgg Iron Egg Guarantee" they will match the price if it drops, etc. So you get money back if you find it cheaper after you order and or within 14 days of the purchase date.

I was about to bite this deal finally after thinking on it... going up in price sucks but yet again Neweggs terrible shipping prices to APOs is keeping me away.

I just complained to Newegg online chat about shipping prices and they offered me a gift card of $10... lol.

So you are now going to order the hardware now? They are good people if you talk to them with some sense.

Possibly. Im still bummed about the price change. Ive been watching and waiting for a good deal on some drives for the last month or two... Im torn between these and waiting for an awesome deal on some NAS drives =/.

Don't cheat yourself, treat yourself. Buy it and be happy. No need to wait and wait. Get you something now. Chat with them again about the price change. They may give you another $10 gift card and it would be the same price.

Le sigh, if only I didn't need new tires on my car. That's going to eat up another solid month of savings that could have gone to these drives.

I currently own 9 of these drives are they are great, They are re-branded Hitachi drives, fast, come in their own foam retail packaging too. Not one had a bad sector, DOA or any other defect.

Would've jumped on it if I know what do with 6TB, since I still have an external 2TB + new internal 3TB still sitting in the box :p

Just got mine and the drives are actually not model #PH3300U-1I72 but they are#DT01ACA300. It seems the DT01ACA300 have higher failure rates! So be wary it's DT01ACA300 in retail packaging. Which had a lot of DOA drives.

Just got mine and the drives are actually not model #PH3300U-1I72 but they are#DT01ACA300. It seems the DT01ACA300 have higher failure rates! So be wary it's DT01ACA300 in retail packaging. Which had a lot of DOA drives.

It's still the same Hitachi drive. You are comparing the failure rates with the bare drive verses the retail. The big difference? Packaging. The retail comes pre-packaged with a very nice foam cushion. The bare drives are shipped at the will of the seller and are generally sub par.

Back