2tb Western Digital Portable Hard Drive @ Fry's

myktek

Limp Gawd
15n3abs.jpg

So I was at Fry's and looking at hard drives.
Came across this Western Digital 2tb My Passport Portable Hard drive for $99
I was like, thats really cheap for a portable 2tb.
The Fry's associate told me that Fry's mis-priced it originally at 69.99 and they corrected it but was offering it for $99.

Regular price is $150.

Last edited:
Just a possible word of caution ... I have gone through two of these drives and lost a ton of data in the process. Been using WD Passport drives for years with no issues .... These seem to have bit flimsier shell.

Just be careful with yours, I've had bad luck and am waiting for the next redesign.

Just a possible word of caution ... I have gone through two of these drives and lost a ton of data in the process. Been using WD Passport drives for years with no issues .... These seem to have bit flimsier shell.

Just be careful with yours, I've had bad luck and am waiting for the next redesign.

So you're saying the current iteration of the passport seem to be crappier? Thanks for the info, something to keep in mind next time I go shopping for a HDD.

Great deal, I paid $200.

I've been using this drive since last summer and haven't had any issues with it.

At $99, this is a steal. Almost half of what I paid for mine 6 months ago.

You're not going to find too many 2TB external hard drives in a 2.5" form factor, much less at this price.

The only drawback I've found to this particular drive is the 1yr warranty.

this is a great deal. I paid $112 + tax for this same drive in November.

I miss when 2TB drives were $70-80 all the time. :(

This is a 2.5" drive, not 3.5"... I don't think I've seen 2.5" 2TB External drives this cheap.

I think I paid $130 for one a few months ago though, cheapest I could find at the time.

Back