2TB WD Elements External Drive $69.99 @ Staples

This is what it said for me..

Generic Error
A system error has occurred. Please continue to Staples.com.

Just tried store and same error...Hmm what could be wrong..

I just ordered two. Gave me an order number and said order confirmation will be sent to my email. Free delivery to my home and NO sales tax was added, which seems strange.
Man, I hope it goes through, had a frustrating experience today trying to buy the same drive at Target and then trying to get BB to price-match.

See my post here

I bet their web server is getting slammed! , I wonder if our orders really went through. I printed my order confirmation but no email yet so not holding my breath.

I bet their web server is getting slammed! , I wonder if our orders really went through. I printed my order confirmation but no email yet so not holding my breath.

Crap, I haven't received my email confirmation either... and I didn't print my order confirmation.

Hopefully, these drives will be black drives just like the Target deal where certain ones were black drives.

Hopefully we get email confirmation of our orders soon. Post if you've received an email from Staples confirming your order. Still nothing for me despite receiving and printing my order number.

I managed to retrieve my order confirmation printout by going through Firefox history, but still no confirmation email and order history is non-existent in my Staples account...

In for 2 I'll return if they're not black, I got 2 f4's a few days ago price matched from micro center.

But...

Minimum purchase requirement of $75 must be met with purchases to which no other coupon or instant savings offer applies.
Staples.com applies a coupon at the end to drop the price, probably to prevent using other coupons.

But the order isn't $75 with just the HDD, unless it accepts it because it keeps the $135+ (ridiculous price) until the end.

I got that coupon, but it didn't "activate" until I got the total above $75 with a filler item.

Haven't gotten an email yet, however.

Well let me be the first to say I've received email confirmation! :)

And yes, tax was added to my order and is reflected in my email confirmation with my new total that was charged to my card. Hope they're Black ones is all i can say now. Good luck everyone.

i got 5 of these.

bought coupons for $2ea

$69.99 + 3.88 tax + $9.99 8gb USB Flash drive = $83.86 + $2 coupon = $85.86

- $25 coupon = $60.86 shipped delivered 2TB drive + 8gb usb flash drive.

Also I really like the newegg deal better. I don't need so many ext drives. Opening them VOIDS the warranty so I prefer the newegg deal over this.

Plus Samsung > WD IMO

would the coupon take $25 off your order if you ordered two drives in your cart which would put the total above $75.00?

yes. but if your going to make multiple orders, then you have to create multiple staples accounts.

The drive by itself, out of the case, should still have valid warranties on them. I have sent in hard drives for RMA that were taken out of external cases and notebooks and their warranties were honored by the companies.

Hopefully, this will be the case with these WD's.

Item 1Qty.Subtotal
2TB WD ELEMENTS DESKTOP H
Item No.: 884865 Price: $134.99/each
Expected Delivery: 11/30/2010 by UPS1$134.99

Item 2Qty.Subtotal
KINGSTON 8GB USB DRIVE DT
Item No.: 911632 Price: $9.99/each
Expected Delivery: 11/30/2010 by UPS1$9.99

Subtotal:$144.98
Delivery:FREE
Coupon1:-$25.00
Coupon2:-$65.00
Tax:$3.44

Total:$58.42

Item 1Qty.Subtotal
2TB WD ELEMENTS DESKTOP H
Item No.: 884865 Price: $134.99/each
Expected Delivery: 11/30/2010 by UPS1$134.99

Item 2Qty.Subtotal
KINGSTON 8GB USB DRIVE DT
Item No.: 911632 Price: $9.99/each
Expected Delivery: 11/30/2010 by UPS1$9.99

Subtotal:$144.98
Delivery:FREE
Coupon1:-$25.00
Coupon2:-$65.00
Tax:$3.44

Total:$58.42

Man that is freakin awesome. Too late for me though.

The drive by itself, out of the case, should still have valid warranties on them. I have sent in hard drives for RMA that were taken out of external cases and notebooks and their warranties were honored by the companies.

Hopefully, this will be the case with these WD's.

hope your right! someone told me there is stickers that specifically say "void if removed" though.

I never had to rma an ext so I don't know.

Back