2TB SSD "Micron" $270 No Tax / Free Standard Shipping

gonna have a bad time buying something like that from rakuten or ebay, no way you could properly test it

Pretty damn good deal for $270

Once you can get a 4TB SSD for around $299 I'm going to get one for damn sure.

This is exactly what I'm waiting for. 4TB to replace my 1TB secondary/games drive, then move the 1TB over as primary to replace my 480GB. This is a smoking hot deal, though...had to fight myself from pulling the trigger.

This is tempting, though I don't know much about the brand. Although, no matter how you put it, an SSD is always going to be better than a spinning RPM drive, right?

This is tempting, though I don't know much about the brand. Although, no matter how you put it, an SSD is always going to be better than a spinning RPM drive, right?

Micron is the parent company of Crucial/Ballistix. Pretty top-notch stuff.

I've noted this in the other topic, but don't be expecting to get any sort of warranty with these though. It's kind of holding me back on this, every time it does pop back up.

Reactions: vkfu
like this
I've noted this in the other topic, but don't be expecting to get any sort of warranty with these though. It's kind of holding me back on this, every time it does pop back up.

Same, it's the main factor for holding me back on pulling the trigger. This deal pops up a lot between $270-290 ish though.

Ouch well that is kind of ridiculous. I read your comment in the other thread. I bought one back then thinking its going to get the longer enterprise warranty as I cross shopping it with their consumer BX300? Now I understand why it is so cheap. Like the saying goes, if you cant figure out who the sucker in the room is.. its you, you idiot!

Too late for me so now just crossing my fingers... I will say tho I dont understand why this stuff wouldnt be the same as a HDD warranty which I dont need to jump through hoops in order to have honored (for the most part) regardless of where I purchased it.

Ouch well that is kind of ridiculous. I read your comment in the other thread. I bought one back then thinking its going to get the longer enterprise warranty as I cross shopping it with their consumer BX300? Now I understand why it is so cheap. Like the saying goes, if you cant figure out who the sucker in the room is.. its you, you idiot!

Too late for me so now just crossing my fingers... I will say tho I dont understand why this stuff wouldnt be the same as a HDD warranty which I dont need to jump through hoops in order to have honored (for the most part) regardless of where I purchased it.

It's probably because Micron requires their enterprise-class products to be sold by authorized resellers, to ensure a contracted standard for sales and support, and the avoidance of grey market, black market, and counterfeit goods.

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a "sucker" for jumping on this. You kind of get what you paid for. This is much cheaper than almost any other 2TB drive out there, and it's an enterprise-grade one. The downside is that it doesn't have a warranty, but it's kind of too good to be true to expect one, when it's priced this low. You know something has to be up... it's just not necessarily a bad tradeoff, all things considered. I don't think SSD failure rates are that high...

if your not supposed to buy these in the retail channels, how do you go about buying one with full warranty?

if your not supposed to buy these in the retail channels, how do you go about buying one with full warranty?
I wouldn't call Ebay and third party Amazon dealers a valid "retail channel"...

Anyway:
https://www.micron.com/support/sales-network/authorized-distributors
(choosing a random one)
https://www.avnet.com/shop/us/c/sto...s/?pageNumber=1#facet=mfName_ntk_cs:"Micron"&
https://www.avnet.com/shop/us/products/micron/mtfddak2t0tbn-1ar1zabyy-3074457345631269170/

I would think that most enterprises would simply have some sort of deal already set up with a provider, though.

Same, it's the main factor for holding me back on pulling the trigger. This deal pops up a lot between $270-290 ish though.
Well a 2TB ssd with a warranty will be about $200 more so unless you think there's a higher than 60% chance it will fail it's a good deal

Back