2TB Samsung drives $69.99 today on the Egg

DAMN.... I'm probably one of the only people who can say 'I really don't need even more of these drives.....' XD

I picked up over 60 of these 2TB samsungs in the past year alone. Most from newegg, but the last 'batch' was from MC. Another 24 drives would do nice tho.

Picked one up. My 1TB has about 100GB yet, and when I run out there will probably be no sales around, so screw it.

DAMN.... I'm probably one of the only people who can say 'I really don't need even more of these drives.....' XD

I picked up over 60 of these 2TB samsungs in the past year alone. Most from newegg, but the last 'batch' was from MC. Another 24 drives would do nice tho.

more details on this please...

good deal OP, just picked up a drive for 79.99 from MC last week. Oh well

Samsung makes awesome hard drives. Might as well get in before Seagate fucks them up haha

I have 5 of the F3 1TBs and will have 8 of the F4 2TBs (3 already). No issues with the drives so far and they've run beautifully.

How come these don't come up with the promo price sent in the email earlier???

I agree on the quality. Only had to up the firmware on the pre-jan models and haven't a single issue with a single drive. Every one passed the long samsung surface test without a single blip. You wouldn't believe how long it takes to surface scan so many drives. LOL

All mine are running fine 24/7 without any 'green' on. (I don't pay for electric :p ) As for heat, these are really nothing. My Blacks generate quite a bit more. That's all there is, nothing special.

I would rather go for the Hitachi one than Samsung based on my experience....

But overall, this is still a decent deal for those who just want a storage..

Promo Code
EMCKEJK37

Are these drives ok? They seem to have mostly + reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...011-Index-_-InternalHardDrives-_-22152245-L0D

I got 2 for off-site storage.

I have 2 of them running for a month or two. I think i paid 75 for each, they run great so far! I use one strictly for all my Blu-Ray Movies. Then the other for Games, Music, and other things. If I transfer a copy of an 8 GB Blu-Ray file from each drive they take about 60-90 seconds over the SATA cables, which is fast enough for me.

Finally my RAID-1 storage is on its way. This was very needed with all the steam and other digital purchases I've been making.

Warranty is questionable now, probably will get a seagate back towards the end of your warranty. Haven't had any problems with my drive though.

Warranty is questionable now, probably will get a seagate back towards the end of your warranty. Haven't had any problems with my drive though.

Sure, but I like my odds of not having to RMA a Samsung in the first place more than I do a Seagate.

you guys missed the real deal

How about $55 for an external 2TB drive (Hitachi)

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1037236750#post1037236750
That is an amazing deal... just that... its not a Samsung F4 HD204UI.

All things considered (price, size, speed, heat, noise, track record etc.) these Sammy F4's are my fav spinners of all time to date. Even at just 5200 RPM they often rival other 7200 RPM drives, especially on seq. reads/writes. If you are overly concerned with intense IO then you might want to consider spending more than $70 on a drive.

Im on the fence on whether to stock up on these while I still can.

Will Seagate do something terrible and mfg Seagates as Samsungs or something wonderful and mfg Samsungs as Seagates?

I guess we will have to wait and see..

You have sixty? SIXTY?!? Someday, somehow, I would like to have a drive array as impressive as yours. :D

I can't really afford any more drives right now, but this is a great deal, and these are great drives (notwithstanding the crucial, unadvertised, unversioned firmware update with minimal instructions for making a bootable DOS CD or USB drive ;)). I have four of them, and I've never had a problem. I've always had better luck with Samsung drives than with other drives though.

Too good to pass up. in for 1.

I wonder if these are the last batch of 'Samsung Manufactured' drives.

I'm done with drives. :)

2x 2TB F3
2x 2TB F4

Last edited:
Grabbed 2. My dual 1.5tb Seagates were on their last 150gb. This will provide me with plenty of room for years to come.

You have sixty? SIXTY?!? Someday, somehow, I would like to have a drive array as impressive as yours. :D

Haha.. This is in my home for my personal use also. I'm well on my way to hitting the 128 drive limit for my Areca at this rate. :p

I wonder if the deal is off. I ordered one earlier today and was going to order more and now it won't work.

Back