2tb Hitachi refurbished at Newegg $44.99 FS +$10 2 uear warranty

Abhaxus

Weaksauce
I don't have enough posts to put this in hot deals, but newegg (not a marketplace seller) has refurbished Hitachi 2TB 7200 rpm drives for 45 bucks with free 3 day ship. The 2 year extended warranty is only 10. If someone wants to move to proper forum thats fine but I figured this one would have more interested parties anyway. In 10 years here I have 25 posts :)

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=22-145-947

newegg + refurbished + hard drives.....

let's just say I hope someone at least gets one that works.

I bought those last year

one were clicking after hours in use, RMA and got a replacement after 2 weeks :p
one is still running

just a warm warning:
those are not refurbished, but used drives that the seller (refusbished by the seller, this seem newegg is just a proxy seller) reset all smart data.. very annoying :D

I ran badblock for a day for testing, one drive went click of detah after hours running ///

one drive went click of detah after hours running ///

Ahh that dreaded click of detah. Hate when that happens :mad:

I wouldn't jump on these, new drives are hardly more expensive when on sale and haven't been tampered with.

yep I was thinking the same thing, wait for a sale and get a new one for like $10 more.. I am skeptical even of factory refurbished ones even if they work, most likely wont work soon after. All they do is rescan the platters and update the error table. That would work in many cases.. But you never know just how old the drive really is and how worn out it is. If anything, never use it for anything like backups and such. On the other hand some like apple and dell etc have equipment that were like display models or with slight dinks and box opened etc which work like new. Although sold as refurished they are NEW and not like fixed to hide the problems.

Back