2TB 2.5" maybe with possible bad sectors???

buschman31

2[H]4U
3-4 months ago I bought a 2tb mobile hdd(Seagate) off a forum where the seller did state it wont be recogizned by Windows. When I tried to format it, no such luck. Fast forward to now. I currently have it in my dock and using Aomei to wipe it. But the process is really slow. Started yesterday and currently at 237gb at 13% completed. If this drive had any bad sectors, whether hard or soft, will erasing it help and why is it taking its time to erase the hdd?

It more than likely has bad sectors. Some drives are weird about bad sectors. I have an HP ssd that I got in a freebie box of stuff and it was dead--passed a short smart test with errors and failed a long test. Wouldn't format, wouldn't partition. Finally on a whim, I just copied an 80gb drive I have that I use for boot images. The ssd booted fine. I'm not sure if it's slow or has any issues as it doesn't feel super fast, but its good enough for what I'm using it for. It's all about if the drive is still going to do what you want, even with errors. (y)

Back