2nd shipment of Unreal Tournament 2004 SE!!!

this sucks, if they keep doing more shipments of special editions it won't be a special edition.
They need to release just a DVD edition without the headset, or special 2nd DVD, and regular box. Then either sell the tutorial DVD seperate, or put it up for download.

That being said I think I might pick up a second Special Edition copy :p

Originally posted by Dan UCF
this sucks, if they keep doing more shipments of special editions it won't be a special edition.
Don't confuse "Special Edition" with "Collector's Edition". Something isn't ever limited unless they have a XXXX of YYYY number. Even then, collector editions aren't worth that much since they usually release 50,000.

thanks ordered the SE hope i get that and not the dvd edition... either way its a win

Originally posted by Dan UCF
They need to release just a DVD edition without the headset, or special 2nd DVD, and regular box. Then either sell the tutorial DVD seperate, or put it up for download.

That being said I think I might pick up a second Special Edition copy :p

The tutorial dvd contents are all from the video training modules from 3dbuzz and are all downloadable.

A little OT, but do you guys think it will run fine with the specs in sig?

Originally posted by Rakinos
A little OT, but do you guys think it will run fine with the specs in sig?

You might not be able to max it out with high AA/AF, but you should be able to get something reasonably pretty and very playable going with tweaking.

Looks like ebgames changed the name to dvd edition and took off the picture, still we got what we wanted!

SKU Qty Unit Price Total Platform Name
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
242719 1 $39.99 $39.99 PC Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Special Edition
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $39.99

Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
-------------
Total: $39.99

well this says the dvd special edition on my order form so this is what i expect to get.

My order form said the same when I ordered it yesterday. Yesterday the site said SE version and today it says DVD. When I look at my online status it has changed to dvd version but my printed order form says DVD SE. What gives with the sudden change?

yeah...it doesnt say SE anymore it just says regular dvd version.....i think that what people will get, not the SE version... that sucks man

I thought we already went over that there are no more SE's. Still good that you can get the DVD version though.

yah but whats not good is giving the customer a product different than what they ordered (even so, ill still take the reg version, but it got my hopes up)

how well do you guys think ut2004 will run with my comp? in the demo it ran fine on all high settings at 1024x768, but what about with aa/af, i dont understand either of those settings, like i know where to change them but does it help that much?

i think im going to get on this deal. i already ahve the 6 cd ver. oh well time to take it abck and get my money back

Originally posted by tylerhskate
how well do you guys think ut2004 will run with my comp? in the demo it ran fine on all high settings at 1024x768, but what about with aa/af, i dont understand either of those settings, like i know where to change them but does it help that much?

Just turn then off with your card, the graphics already look good on games these days and ive noticed that without aa/af they run faster and look fine. aa/af is for better quality/smoother graphics. With you card id leave them off it should run fine.

Yeah when I ordered it, it said DVD Special Edition so I emailed them. This is the response:

"Dear EBgames.com Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! You are receiving this email concerning your order for the Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Edition because we would like to avoid any confusion when this new version arrives and ships to you. The Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Edition you have on order differs from the initial release of the UT 2004 DVD Edition (also known as the "Special Edition"). This edition doesn't come with the headset or the metallic wrap like the Special Edition. It will still have the same features however. This DVD Edition features Unreal Tournament 2004 on two DVDs. We apologize for any confusion regarding the information posted on our site. Unfortunately, at this time we do not anticipate receiving any more copies of the Special Edition containing the headset and metallic packaging.

The release date for this version has moved to an earlier date as well. The publisher has set a new ship date for the Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Edition of 4/13/04. We'll keep you informed of any further ship date changes if it occurs. As always, EBgames.com will not charge your credit card until we ship your order. "

Oh well. I'm gonna cancel since I already have the cd version.

Originally posted by MasterShredder
Yeah when I ordered it, it said DVD Special Edition so I emailed them. This is the response:

"Dear EBgames.com Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! You are receiving this email concerning your order for the Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Edition because we would like to avoid any confusion when this new version arrives and ships to you. The Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Edition you have on order differs from the initial release of the UT 2004 DVD Edition (also known as the "Special Edition"). This edition doesn't come with the headset or the metallic wrap like the Special Edition. It will still have the same features however. This DVD Edition features Unreal Tournament 2004 on two DVDs. We apologize for any confusion regarding the information posted on our site. Unfortunately, at this time we do not anticipate receiving any more copies of the Special Edition containing the headset and metallic packaging.

The release date for this version has moved to an earlier date as well. The publisher has set a new ship date for the Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Edition of 4/13/04. We'll keep you informed of any further ship date changes if it occurs. As always, EBgames.com will not charge your credit card until we ship your order. "

Oh well. I'm gonna cancel since I already have the cd version.

yea same here im going to get farcry insted. since i already have the 6 disc.

Back