2nd PCIx slot for p5k-e

HaxEJxuK

Gawd
Hi!

I will be building my new pc soon and I had to ditch yy-0221 since I couldn't fit Ultra120 extreme and didn't feel like cutting side panel. Now I got CSF-1630 Cube case that looks like it can accommodate 2 Ultra 120 Extreme :D (it's been shipped so I'll get it soon). Now due to it's design, motherboard is mounted upside down and it seems it would be better to mount 8800GTS/GTX very bottom of the slot which P5K-E there's 2nd PCIx 2nd from bottom I believe. When it is mounted, 8800GTS should be at top which I'm going to mount pci exhaust fan there so it works out better then my original choice of mobo which is IP35-E as far as getting heat out or case. My question is if I move graphics card to 2nd pcix slot, would it be still 16x? Sorry, never had 2 PCIx mobo before or PCIx mobo for that matter. :)

Thanks

My asus p5n-e sli motherboard has two pci-e 16x slots, but it specifically states that if you are running only one gfx card, you need to use a specific slot (i.e. you cannot choose which one to use)
I'm not sure if other boards let you select which slot to use ....

I'm sorry but that motherboard does not have any PCI-x slots.
Only PCIe and PCI.

lol Thanks for catching that. no wonder why not many input on this.

Any input from P5K-E owners?

Thanks

lol Thanks for catching that. no wonder why not many input on this.

Any input from P5K-E owners?

Thanks

The second pcie slot is 4x only but it can accept a 2nd graphics card without issues in crossfire or multimonitors.

Back