2k7 baseball demo on XBL

Anybody play it yet? I can't wait to hear some impressions. I believe the actual game released today as well. I'll be buying my 360 in the next week or so, but I don't know if I'll get it right away (other games I want first).

I like it although the graphics are not quite as good as the trailers made it look. Ya only get to play 3 innings and I'm not sure what the difficulty is set at but I've hit like 2 - 4 homeruns each time I've played it.

It's a pretty good demo. I for one, can't get the hang of the swing stick batting. So, I just switch to classic. First baseball game I've played in a long, long time. 2K Sports always works the presentation of their games really well, and this one is no exception. It's worth the download.

I downloaded the demo on the 360 last night. I liked it i guess. Hard to really get into the gameplay in just 3 innings, but was able to chunk a couple homeruns in one inning and then strike out the rest of the game. Pitching is pretty nice. Batting seems like it will take some time to get the hang of and i didnt really spend enough time with the fielding to learn the dives and etc. Graphics are pretty damn good. Only complaint with them is that some of the players eyes make them look like zombies.

Im still debating on which version to get, ps3 or 360. Gonna ponder that today during work and pick up a copy on the way home. Sixaxis batting has been getting good reviews, but the Achievements on the 360 version are always nice too. Hoping some reviews will help make my decision.

Im still debating on which version to get, ps3 or 360. Gonna ponder that today during work and pick up a copy on the way home. Sixaxis batting has been getting good reviews, but the Achievements on the 360 version are always nice too. Hoping some reviews will help make my decision.

I haven't read any reviews yet (I'm not even sure if any are up yet, as I haven't looked), but Xbox Live and Achievements are enough for me to want the 360 version. I couldn't care less about the sixaxis batting anyway, and isn't it just pushing the controller out from your body? Doesn't sound as good as using a Wii-mote for sure. Either way it doesn't help that I don't have a PS3 anyway, and will get a 360 in the next week or two.

I hope the real game grafx are better than the demo... (like in r6v)

I actually liked the game...The freaking hit stick got hard to get used to, but once you do it is pretty damn cool...I like the graphics on this actually, yeah its not the "you can see the wind blow the uniforms" cool...but its up there with NHL07...

I give it a 8/10...

For you guys hitting homeruns, are you using the swing stick? I'm not sure if I'm a fan of it as it seems like you don't have time to read a pitch and you either have to commit to swing or not.

For you guys hitting homeruns, are you using the swing stick? I'm not sure if I'm a fan of it as it seems like you don't have time to read a pitch and you either have to commit to swing or not.

A few people I've heard from say it takes a while to get use to, but now they really like it. I probably won't get to try the game for another week or so, but I can't wait.

the hit stick is almost a spitting image of EA's college baseball series (for ps2), which i must admit is hellafun. this game has pretty graphics, but fielding is a bore, atleast in the college baseball series you actually had to try not to make an error, this just seems like batting and pitching to me. which i will say is fun, but i don't think i'll be paying retail for this.

a little tip with the hit stick, as the pitcher's arm goes back, bring back the hit stick and then swing accordingly, the more fluent the swing, the more likely you'll hit the ball decently.

I downloaded the demo on the 360 last night. I liked it i guess. Hard to really get into the gameplay in just 3 innings, but was able to chunk a couple homeruns in one inning and then strike out the rest of the game. Pitching is pretty nice. Batting seems like it will take some time to get the hang of and i didnt really spend enough time with the fielding to learn the dives and etc. Graphics are pretty damn good. Only complaint with them is that some of the players eyes make them look like zombies.

Definately get the 360 version. Rumble is a major feedback feature in this game when pitching and I think this game will suck without it. Also, IGN says the framerate is much better on 360 (according to them the PS# version is "slow as mollasses") and in all the vids I have seen the 360 graphics look better but it is hard to tell watching streaming videos. The rumble when pitching is very important to the gameplay though so I would get the 360 version just for that.

I picked it up for the 360, and I'm really liking it. Part of it could be the time since I've played a baseball game, but meh. The hitstick is cool, takes quite a while to get used to, but once you do, you can put the ball where ever you want. Fielding isnt horrible, there is some work you need to do with it, the only problem I see at this point is alot, and I mean alot, of home runs get robbed.

Like someone else said though, get it for 360, the rumble makes a huge difference. Played a couple of games with one of my buddies and my girlfriend, and its great the way they have it setup with rumble telling you where you are in the strike zone.

yea, its a good game, i've been enjoying it on xbox live.

plus, if your into baseball, and you have a 360, what other options do you have? haha

I'm playing the 360 version, and I may be a total idiot, but there are two basic things I simply can't figure out how to do:

1. Check swing on classic batting control.
2. Perform a mound visit.

In last year's version, these were trivial things to do, but I sure can't figure out how to do them this year (and the manual is no help).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

mound visit is easy, hit the left button, go down to your pitcher, hit A and select mound visit, check swing, you just need to pull the stick back again.

I have the full game and there are two main problems with it. The first and third basemen are buggy. Quite often they will let the ball go right past them without making a play for it. Sometimes the ball will even go right through their chest as if they weren't even there. Another big problem is how the infielders move. They take HUGE leaps instead of small steps. It makes slight adjustments to grab the ball impossible.

Overall I love the game. Graphics and player models are excellent. Player faces are kind of bad but you get used to it.

I have the full game and there are two main problems with it. The first and third basemen are buggy. Quite often they will left the ball go right past them without making a play for it. Sometimes the ball will even go right through their chest as if they weren't even there. Another big problem is how the infielders move. They take HUGE leaps instead of small steps. It makes slight adjustments to grab the ball impossible.

That sucks... still, it sounds far better then the apparent bugs that plagued 2K6. I never played it, so I don't know first hand, but didn't the game often completely freeze?

Only thing that gets under my skin with the game is how often the AI robs ya of homeruns. To see a center fielder climb the fence 5 or 6 times a game and make the catch is beyond stupid.

Back