2GB of Wireless Internet access per month for free

stiltner

[H]F Junkie
FreedomPop has a special for Black Friday

http://www.freedompop.com/plans.htm

Basically you get the 4G connectivity for free, you pay for the device + shipping up front and get the device refunded by Mail In Rebate.

There's a few options available. Enjoy, I figured this would be great for light usage people

Normally this is only available @ 500mb increments, but right now, 4x the bandwidth, same cost of $0.

Enjoy

FYI Devices range from $49 to 99

Unless the deal is off now, it shows 2GB free first month only, 100% free plan is the 500mb plan

Be sure to read over the ToS. SD has a brief writ up on it.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5273826-Fre...th-with-49-99-deposit?p=53603696#edit53603696

• Based on user experience, FreedomPop calculates data usage every 15 mins. This data is also rounded up to nearest MB(Link to rounded up confirmation). Even though it only use few kilobytes of data like checking email does every 10 minutes, freedompop data metering rounts up to one full megabyte This translates to a minimum of 4MB per hour for a device that simply checks email or 2880MB per 30 days because freedompop's rounding methodology.
  • Comment: I've received word from FreedomPop that they may have had a mix-up between owners of the MAC addresses in their database. Therefore, you may have been shown / charged the data usage for another customer. A fix is supposedly under way. -unlockedshaders
  • Only work on Clear 4G WiMAX network. No 3G network.
  • Terms [freedompop.com] Inactive account fee: If you choose the free Broadband Service and use less than 5mb in any given month, we wi€™ll charge you a $.99 Active Status fee to keep your account active.
  • they will be switching from 4G WiMAX to LTE in As early as June 2013. The equipment they have now won't work with LTE but current equipment may be supported through up to 2015.. (no detail what they will do. Freedompop CSR said the switch could involve paying more money to exchange for a newer device. The coverage area during this transition may change so your current WiMax device my actually be superior to an LTE device due to coverage.
  • Note: FreedomPop has changed their Terms and Conditions few times already. Please read the latest terms for Equipment and others information

http://slickdeals.net/f/5273826-Fre...th-with-49-99-deposit?p=53603696#edit53603696

• Based on user experience, FreedomPop calculates data usage every 15 mins. This data is also rounded up to nearest MB(Link to rounded up confirmation). Even though it only use few kilobytes of data like checking email does every 10 minutes, freedompop data metering rounts up to one full megabyte This translates to a minimum of 4MB per hour for a device that simply checks email or 2880MB per 30 days because freedompop's rounding methodology.
  • Comment: I've received word from FreedomPop that they may have had a mix-up between owners of the MAC addresses in their database. Therefore, you may have been shown / charged the data usage for another customer. A fix is supposedly under way. -unlockedshaders
  • Terms [freedompop.com] Inactive account fee: If you choose the free Broadband Service and use less than 5mb in any given month, we wi€™ll charge you a $.99 Active Status fee to keep your account active.
  • they will be switching from 4G WiMAX to LTE in As early as June 2013. The equipment they have now won't work with LTE but current equipment may be supported through up to 2015.. (no detail what they will do. Freedompop CSR said the switch could involve paying more money to exchange for a newer device. The coverage area during this transition may change so your current WiMax device my actually be superior to an LTE device due to coverage.
  • Note: FreedomPop has changed their Terms and Conditions few times already. Please read the latest terms for Equipment and others information

I was considering getting freedompop, but this is a huge deterrent, especially the inactive account fee and the rounding methodology.

Pass for now.

I was considering getting freedompop, but this is a huge deterrent, especially the inactive account fee and the rounding methodology.

Pass for now.
Yeah I wish that I had seen that earlier. I bought one a couple months ago as a backup. Now I'm considering sending it back in. There is a $10 restocking fee btw.

Wow that's messed up if they do that. As a rule, data sessions for Android devices (not sure about the iPhone) are long. They can last for well over an hour even when you're not doing much. And rounding up tot he nearest megabyte is lame. Where I work we round up to the near KB for most plans but for some plans we have a 10KB min and we only did that because to make the $/MB rate work out (caused by a limitation in our billing software).

I recently took a look at the TOS, and it seems like they changed it to 0.1mb rounding. I have the service and I'm currently satisfied with it, but a $50-90 deposit is sort of high for the equipment.

Back