295X2 not showing crossfire option in CCC with 14.9 drivers

madgun

[H]ard|Gawd
So I upgraded one of my systems with the 295X2, installed 14.9 drivers and crossfire option doesn't show up in CCC. I have tried removing the drivers several times and went as far back as 14.4 but no luck.

Can anyone help me out so that I can enable the second GPU on the card?

umm, my 295x2 doesn't give me a crossfire option either. That is because it is behind the scene. It is always active. Are you checking with afterburner or gpu-z that it actually isn't active?

GPU-Z shows crossfire to be disabled. How do I enable it?

Also Afterburner doesn't show me two GPUs either.

Even when I go to device manager, I only see a single GPU, named, R9 200

Try flipping the bios switch on the card and rebooting. It will force windows to reconfigure the driver

Tried that several times. I am returning the card after all the attempts.

Tried that several times. I am returning the card after all the attempts.

I passed by this thread yesterday and the day before but the last thing I expected was this response. It's a driver issue no? Why return the hardware because of a driver glitch?

If you roll back to 14.8 or 14.9 Beta does it work fine?

With AMD cards you run into this stuff from time to time but you find ways to work through it. I guess you can do what you want but you can save money going dual GTX 970 and overclock them.

I already tried driver versions till 14.4 and nothing seems to work. Beyond that driver set, the 295X2 doesn't get recognized even so that was the end of the line for me.

Yup already ordered the dual PNY 970s with the blower style cooler from Tigerdirect.

I already tried driver versions till 14.4 and nothing seems to work. Beyond that driver set, the 295X2 doesn't get recognized even so that was the end of the line for me.

Yup already ordered the dual PNY 970s with the blower style cooler from Tigerdirect.

In that case you tried. Nobody better call you a fanboy for getting 970s. You gave AMD's best a more than college try.

In that case you tried. Nobody better call you a fanboy for getting 970s. You gave AMD's best a more than college try.

I already own a pair of 980s for my main desktop.

Before that I had a pair of 290Xs so I am pretty experienced with the AMD GPUs. This is the first time I have tried a dual GPU solution on a single board from AMD and it's been a rough experience. I'll stick with a 2 card solution.

I remember on my 4850X2 that it was still an option... odd it isn't now.

And after that card, I ideally stick with two GPUs... it really sucked, on the 4850X2, the second GPU developed issues. Well, it's not like I can RMA one and still have one card to play games, nope, the entire shabang just went.

The only nice thing is the manufacturer told me to RMA with the vendor (Newegg), and after a bit of discussions with Newegg, I got a Radeon 6970 as replacement. :D

Back