290x World Champion at benchmarks!!!

SonDa5

Supreme [H]ardness
NVIDIA fans I know it is hard to except but the 290X is the best gaming card money can buy right now.

http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/radeon_r9_290x/

Granted the 290x is so new and with BIOS and Voltage control and driver improvement the 290x can only get more wins as the world's #1 performing video game card.

:cool:

Don't believe the trolls.

I am not a troll. Just spreading the TRUTH.

Last edited:
yep and how many of them were with the stock cooler LOL

Good question.... Then pay careful attention to the prior NVIDIA world champs scores... and ask yourself what type of cooling they were using and how much voltage mods they had to do.

AMD R9 290X is very new and in a short time it is kicking ass and is the best in the over clocking world.

All of those AMD scores have tessellation disabled in the driver, while the nvidia scores do not. HWBOT accepts these submissions even though they're technically cheats. Case in point, here's the "world record" 3dmark score, tessellation disabled:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7389275

It was the same deal with the 7970. It achieved world records on HW BOT yet all of the submissions had tessellation disabled in CCC. I'm not sure I can take those type of scores seriously with that being the case - all of the NV submissions are using full tessellation, while the AMD cards disable it completely. Not an apples to apples comparison.

All of those AMD scores have tessellation disabled in the driver, while the nvidia scores do not. HWBOT accepts these submissions even though they're technically cheats. Case in point, here's the "world record" 3dmark score, tessellation disabled:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7389275

It was the same deal with the 7970. It achieved world records on HW BOT yet all of the submissions had tessellation disabled in CCC. I'm not sure I can take those type of scores seriously with that being the case - all of the NV submissions are using full tessellation, while the AMD cards disable it completely. Not an apples to apples comparison.

Man I'm telling your the NVIDIA pro over clockers and the AMD PRo over clocker do disable every eye candy possible and enable every hard mod voltage tweak and software voltage tweak available to get the most frames per seconds possible for their benchmarks.

Disregard what futuemark states on their WEB site and believe what the pros are doing.

That doesn't change the fact that HWBOT is largely a joke for doing apples to apples performance comparisons. You cannot disable tessellation in the nvidia driver - AMD has a huge advantage there because tessellation is one of the most GPU intensive features that are used in these benchmarks. Now, the 290X may indeed win the benchmarks. I'd just feel better about apples to apples comparisons, you know? HWBOT is allowing all kinds of cheats in their benchmarks which makes it hard to take seriously.

That doesn't change the fact that HWBOT is largely a joke for doing apples to apples performance comparisons. You cannot disable tessellation in the nvidia driver - AMD has a huge advantage there because tessellation is one of the most GPU intensive features that are used in these benchmarks. Now, the 290X may indeed win the benchmarks. I'd just feel better about apples to apples comparisons, you know? HWBOT is allowing all kinds of cheats in their benchmarks which makes it hard to take seriously.

All HWbot does is allow over clockers a place for them to share their performance results based on their video card frames per second performance.

It's the world's standard. HWbot just publishes the truth.

When you want absolute performance you figure out how to enable your video card to over clock and get the most smoothest FPS possible and the pro over clockers at HWBOT show everyone how to do it.

HWBot is all about competition, performance and winning and right now AMD R9 290x is kicking NVIDIA's ass in price and performance.

You just completely disregarded the fact that the nvidia cards have tessellation enabled, and AMD cards aren't using tessellation at all. So how you can even state that AMD is kicking nvidia's ass here is quite confusing to me. Maybe tell the AMD guys to enable tessellation and then we can see what's really going on.

HWBOT is meaningless except for LN2 benchmarkers anyway. I'm fairly certain that no one here is into that sort of thing. Like I said, HWBOT isn't indicative of real world results since it is based on LN2 for the most part (with some on water) and they allow all kinds of cheats which makes the results ambiguous to say the least.

HWBOT is really only useful for comparing like cards. So many driver tweaks on both sides that it means literally nothing to people who actually use the cards for gaming.

Looking at the bench threads on OCN, Hawaii seems to be giving the big kepler chips a good run for their money, but overcoming the stock cooler barrier is the problem. The water/aftermarket cooled cards are doing very well.

Who
Gives
A
Shit

The 290x is still the pound for pound, dollars to donuts best card you can buy. And it caused Nvidia to lower their prices finally, that's all that matters.

Edit: this was directed at the entire thread and this whole stupid argument that has been going on for a month now. Buy what you want, stop trying to justify shit.

Who
Gives
A
Shit

it caused Nvidia to lower their prices finally, that's all that matters.

. Buy what you want, stop trying to justify shit.

This. Even though people's epeens gotta be larger than the chin under their chin. ::eek::D

NVIDIA fans I know it is hard to except but the 290X is the best gaming card money can buy right now.

http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/radeon_r9_290x/

Granted the 290x is so new and with BIOS and Voltage control and driver improvement the 290x can only get more wins as the world's #1 performing video game card.

:cool:

Don't believe the trolls.

I am not a troll. Just spreading the TRUTH.

Wat.jpg

OP, are you a "either it's us or them" type of person? Why do you care so much about benchmarks? Do you understand what competition is? It drives the costs down.

Spreading the truth? Not a troll? Wrong. You're a troll and your OP is prove of it.

World Champion <> World record. You can win multiple world championship without breaking the world records as Usian Bolt did.:) No need to argue about it here.

It was many years ago at this point... he kept insisting a 4770x2 card was coming and would be the best card the world had ever known, across many threads. Examples: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1415360 http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034352561 then he begged for a 5770x2... http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1455656 . You can find a good number of references on google :eek: .

Wasn't there a thread/post on here referring to a link to XS where everyone just called you a troll? Seems you are continuing that on this forum. (PS. 95C temperature allowance is a cheat and unfair)

Wasn't there a thread/post on here referring to a link to XS where everyone just called you a troll? Seems you are continuing that on this forum. (PS. 95C temperature allowance is a cheat and unfair)

Erm.... what? Not that I remember seeing, anyway. As far as this thread, someone asked a direct question, so I answered it. If you have some random bone to pick to try to get a reaction, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
It was many years ago at this point... he kept insisting a 4770x2 card was coming and would be the best card the world had ever known, across many threads. Examples: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1415360 http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034352561 then he begged for a 5770x2... http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1455656 . You can find a good number of references on google :eek: .

Ah, I never made an account back then since I was always deployed. Missed all the good times.

Erm.... what? Not that I remember seeing, anyway. As far as this thread, someone asked a direct question, so I answered it. If you have some bone to pick feel free to PM me.

You called someone out on some previous post from years ago, so I decided to do the same. Your direct answer was to something you brought up about the OP.

You called someone out on some previous post from years ago, so I decided to do the same. Your direct answer was to something you brought up about the OP.

Whatever you say... I was referring to the OP and how this thread reminded me of a previous post of his that was similar to this one. You on the other hand are trolling and just fabricating something random that you have nothing specific in mind of by your own admission here. Good for you but don't expect any further food :p .

His point is that the OP has a history of outlandish comments in reference to AMD GPU's. It's hard to take the OP seriously when he starts by basically saying, "I'm not a troll, but I'm going to troll." Which as GoldenTiger and I remember should be followed by "mid-range AMD GPUx2 FTW!!!!!! OMG!!!"

It would be awesome to see something like the R9 280X midrange offering in a dual-GPU card...

Oh wait!

Lol I have nothing really to add. Just a bit drunk.

perhaps people forget easily when you could adjust the LOD on Nvidia cards and make them take world records when on ATI you could not...... I guess its only unfair when the other team does it though.

Comparing Nvidia adjusting LOD to complete tessellation disabling by AMD is not quite the same.

LOD is worth a few hundred points, where tess is well over 1K in single card, probably much higher with multi card setups.

Benchmarking FTW!

What makes things more interesting is you can now buy a 290x for $399 if you grab a powercooler r290 lol nvidia fans dont hate it only means prices are going to come down for the video cards that you prefer to buy....

What makes things more interesting is you can now buy a 290x for $399 if you grab a powercooler r290 lol nvidia fans dont hate it only means prices are going to come down for the video cards that you prefer to buy....

That is a good thing, it's amazing what a little bit of competition will do to prices. :D

From what I've seen it's only a specific "OC" model. I don't know where to buy it as it isn't carried at Newegg.

Back