290X + BF4 bundle eligible from 25th october@amd

Going to need next day shipping to get one by the time BF4 launches.

click the link in the pdf for a nice surprise

https://www.origin.com/battlefield4

lol

Going to need next day shipping to get one by the time BF4 launches.

But will AMD have drivers for BF4 ready at launch?

It'll probably take DICE at least a week to get the game stable enough to work, you know there's going to be "new game" issues.

reading the fine print it looks like AMD has seven days to get you a BF4 key once you've given them a "AMD
Unique ID Code". What happened to the days when you would just get a key code in the box?

Last edited:
I love AMD and their products. But that pretty much closes the book on the question of if they had to change their plans or not doesn't it?

Yes....

reading the fine print it looks like AMD has seven days to get you a BF4 key once you've given them a "AMD
Unique ID Code". What happened to the days when you would just get a key code in the box?
People/employees stealing the keys out of the boxes before they even make it to the shelves. Some retailers removing the codes and selling them/bundling them separately.

Meh, I will just wait for the aftermarket coolers, the more I think about it, the more I don't want to be the first guy in. I will wait for the Gigabyte, XFX, HIS, and Sapphire cooling solutions, and sell off BF4.

lol

It'll probably take DICE at least a week to get the game stable enough to work, you know there's going to be "new game" issues.

Yes they will. Since AMD and EA signed that deal for this round, AMD has access to the source code for the frostbite engine. They should have the drivers for day one.

For someone like me who isnt buying a new card, This is fantastic news. Hello bf4 for $25 from the swarm of people who won't want it.

lol

Few 404s to be found, which is why this pdf was rather interesting to find.. a slip perhaps.

I love AMD and their products. But that pretty much closes the book on the question of if they had to change their plans or not doesn't it?

Doesn't give them much room to budge, they don't set timelines like that for nothing.

Meh, I will just wait for the aftermarket coolers, the more I think about it, the more I don't want to be the first guy in. I will wait for the Gigabyte, XFX, HIS, and Sapphire cooling solutions, and sell off BF4.

If thermal numbers are accurate, I'd personally just get an un-binned ref model after initial price drops, then go aftermarket when the blocks/coolers are out. They won't release a revision to thermal usage for quite some time if at all I'd guess, so months later you could end up paying similar for a binned card with an aftermarket cooler.. then they release the higher binned XXX GTO version etc few months after that.. same old.

Hopefully this does mean some cheap games around..

Back