29" LG 2560 x 1080 5ms (GTG) 60 Hz IPS Panel LED Monitor w/ Free Sync $299.99

filip

2[H]4U
So this monitor is on sale for those interested in such things...
29" LG 29UM67P 2560 x 1080 5ms (GTG) 60 Hz IPS Panel LED Monitor w/ Free Sync
LInk

Use promo code: EMCASNP29 to get the price to $299.99

Im going to assume that with no traffic in this thread that this thing isnt very great? Im kind of in the market for a new monitor.

It's a great monitor but unfortunately the timing of it is when people have already moved on to 1440 or 1600 or 4K.

I bought mine used for about that and it's a great monitor - I love using it with excel to get really wide spreadsheets - plus it takes less horsepower to push than the other resolutions but you still get the advantage of widescreen.

Depends on what you need / use-case. I use a Titan X to push my 2560x1600 and a 970 to push my 2560x1080 but if I wasn't gaming, I could probably get away with much crappier cards.

BTW: the only difference between the one you posted and the one I'm using I think is mine has an adjustable stand but like I said earlier - it's a great monitor. Just make sure it's what you want / need before dropping the money.

this one indeed is freesync capable. I just pulled the trigger on acer ips 27" 2560x1440 for 299, and day after this went on sale. But to be honest I am used to standard resolution and I am gonna keep the Acer and wait a few years and shoot for 4k if I ever have the need. But for now I think I got a good deal on the acer and it has over 100 reviews on newegg and longer 3 year warranty.

I picked up the UM65P and I'm pretty happy with it. Just wish I had a little more vertical real estate. I will eventually get the 34" 4k LG when it gets under $700 for the extra real estate.

I have the 25" version.. Love it. And I'm pushing it fine with a 860m from my gs60.

Depends on what you need / use-case. I use a Titan X to push my 2560x1600 and a 970 to push my 2560x1080 but if I wasn't gaming, I could probably get away with much crappier cards.

I'm using a Radeon 260X ($100 card) to drive the big brother monitor that is 3440x1440....can even do gaming on it at that resolution, with visible tearing though.

If you combined this with some of the pretty nice (sub $230 after MIR) deals we have seen on R9 290s you would have one hell of a nice gaming setup for under $600..You get all the HP you need to run everything Ultra, and if you have a random dip or two you have FreeSync ready and waiting for you..

Definitely seems like a win win to me..I wish I hadn't just dumped a ton of money into my car, I'd buy one just to play around with.

I have one of these & it is great for gaming & especially watching movies. No more black bars!

Back