285.62 + GTX 460 + BF3 = Issues

Bamboo

Gawd
I'm getting some screen tearing.

Temps max at 72c. I tried downclocking, overvolting and banging on a drum. Nothing seems to make the tearing go away. It doesn't happen constantly, just enough to bug me.

I also got these wierd green horizontal lines on my screen in one game(Battlefield 3) last night. I thought for sure it was my card undervolted or dieing however, same thing is happening to my buddy in BF3(He's using a 295 with the 285.62s).

I would roll back however, BF3 gets mad at you and wont let you play if you roll back.:confused:

Specs:
Windows 7 64Bit (All updates including the stuff I don't use)
Asus P8Z68 Deluxe (Bios 0706)
i7 2600K @4.5
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @1600 8-8-8-24 2t
128GB Crucial 2.5" RealSSD C300 Part #:CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1
Logitech G35 Headset(LGS 8.01.120)
EVGA GTX 460

Anybody else having issues with these drivers and the 460?

Thanks and Happy Halloween!:D

i have the same card and updated drivers and i've had no graphical issues aside from the game sometimes crashing, but it seems like everybody is having that problem

Yes, there are some minor issues. Some people have reported that turning off your i7's hyperthreading helps, others say turning vsync on helps, even more have reduced game settings (HBAO to SSAO for example) and found some progress there. Good luck to you, I know it's frustrating.

Thanks for your help guys.

It's been a long time sice I had to turn on Vsync. Will report back if that doesn't fix it, I know it should though.;)

Back