2800+ Barton Heat Questions...

Dan17

Limp Gawd
I've got a couple questions about heat for my processor. I've had my 2800+ for a couple years now and at the moment it is running at about 49C when idle and if I run the pc at 100% it runs at about 56C. It's using the stock AMD Fan. My case is the Antec PlusView 1080AMG which had 5 case fans running in it. Is this a safe temperature for my pc to be running at or should I look into some better cooling? I'm not having any stability problems at all and the processor is running at stock speed (2.08 GHz). But I am a little nervous about the temperatures it is running at. I have 2 Antec LED fans blowing in and 2 silent antec fans blowing out and a antec LED fan blowing out. May'be it's just a case of rearranging my fans.
If you need any more information about my components, it is located in my signature in my profile.

Any help/information would be appreciated,

...Dan

it's possible that you have a bit of dust, but in all honesty, those temps aren't too bad for the stock athlonXP cooler

It's a safe temperature. That doesn't mean you shouldn't work to improve it. My 2500+@3200+ with athlon stock fan does 45C or so.

My 2500+@3200+ was running in the high 40's using the stock HSF at idle and in the mid 50's under load. My case only has one fan. When I switched to a ThermalTake Silent boost, both temps fell by about 10 degrees. Unfortunately, it didn't increase my overclocking potential, but it is quieter.

Back