28" 4K Monitor for $360

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
Monoprice is selling the CrystalPro 28" 4K Monitor for $360 with coupon code "HOT".

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_...dium=11064683&utm_term=Slickdeals+LLC-1122587

28" WLED 3840x2160
350 cd/m^2 Brigtness
1000:1 Contrast ratio
Response Time: 1 ms
60Hz Monitor!!!
DisplayPort HDMI/MHL DVI-DL
Glass anti-glare surface

121561.jpg

Last edited:
if its TN do not bother. they are terrible. i tried one once and was a total waste. The quality is utter crap. i recommend getting the Dell IPS 27 in instead and wait for a sale for it to go for 500. The difference is unimaginable. and worth the extra 140

problem with TN is only a part of the screen actually looks right while looking in the center

XXXXXXXXX
XXX+++XXX
XXX+++XXX
XXX+++XXX
XXXXXXXXX

only the middle half looks right and it slowly changes color to the edge. So no matter if your perfectly centered when looking at the screen the left and right 25% of the screen has fucked up colors. Plus I manually calibrated it and used software calibration and couldn't even get decent colors.

Simply DO NOT TOUCH THESE PIECES OF SHIT

Oh also the Dell comes factor calibrated and looked better than my calibrated u2412m(s)!

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=210-ADOF

this is what i have. got it on sale for 500 including taxes IIRC. It is awesome. It is slow but awesome. Gaming like natural selection 2 as a skulk can get annoying but tolerable.

Last edited:
Monoprice is selling the CrystalPro 28" 4K Monitor for $360 with coupon code "HOT".

28" WLED 3840x2160
350 cd/m^2 Brigtness
1000:1 Contrast ratio
Response Time: 1 ms
60Hz Monitor!!!
DisplayPort HDMI/MHL DVI-DL
Glass anti-glare surface

According to Monoprice's site this is a 5ms panel. I nearly booked it when you said it was 1ms. Be careful qouting specs. 5ms and 1ms makes or breaks a TN panel in terms of it being worth a shit.

According to Monoprice's site this is a 5ms panel. I nearly booked it when you said it was 1ms. Be careful qouting specs. 5ms and 1ms makes or breaks a TN panel in terms of it being worth a shit.

i have never noticed a difference in those garbage GTG ratings. Only figures i pay attention are on and off or ones shown in reviews like tftcentral

I'm glad I don't have golden eyes like you guys. I have this monitor and it looks awesome to me. :p

I absolutely despise that Monoprice puts speakers, and garbage ones at that, in their monitors. It is a waste of money and space. Just give me a display panel, with the thinnest bezel, thinnest width unit, and leave the USB and speaker crap to systems better suited for the task.

On a side note- I want the same from a TV. The speakers are crap. Save your pennies, and dont charge me the markup for something I will not use anyway.

I absolutely despise that Monoprice puts speakers, and garbage ones at that, in their monitors. It is a waste of money and space. Just give me a display panel, with the thinnest bezel, thinnest width unit, and leave the USB and speaker crap to systems better suited for the task.

On a side note- I want the same from a TV. The speakers are crap. Save your pennies, and dont charge me the markup for something I will not use anyway.

TVs at least have a reason for them but high-end TVs shouldn't have them

Yes on monitors from monoprice i really dont get the speakers.

I think Acer has had an 4k IPS 24" for a while that MSRP's for $350...

says 1 ms everywhere I checked?

it syaing 1ms doesn't mean shit. I have seen monitors with 1 ms as slow as my IPSes

Yep most "1ms" monitors when independently measured are more like 5+ ms. Never believe the manufacturer's quoted specs when it comes to anything, but especially monitors. I'm not saying this is a great display since I haven't seen a real review of it nor have I tried it personally, but a higher response time isn't necessarily horrible. My current "8ms" IPS display has less motion blur and less input lag than one of the "2ms" TN displays I used to own.

In any case overdrive and input lag are probably more important to gamers than the raw response time of the pixels anyway.

This is a fantastic price on a 4k monitor and TN panels work just fine. In fact, IPS panels usually look bland a washed out no matter the adjustments being made. However, I have a 28 inch Samsung 4k monitor with a 10bit TN panel and I am happy with that, looks good and works great.

Thank you OP for the link anyways.

This is a fantastic price on a 4k monitor and TN panels work just fine. In fact, IPS panels usually look bland a washed out no matter the adjustments being made. However, I have a 28 inch Samsung 4k monitor with a 10bit TN panel and I am happy with that, looks good and works great.

Thank you OP for the link anyways.

what???:eek::confused: You either didn't say that right or are so mistaken and/or wrong words can not describe. That is like saying an 8 bit panel shows colors better than a 24 bit panel -_-

I would wage any amount of money that my IPS panel shows colors and overall picture quality better than any TN panel and I bought a cheap IPS 4k panel. Words seriously can not describe this.

I'm looking at one of these as I type this. Beside it is an Acer 27". The difference between the two is astounding. The Acer is washed out and grainy looking. The colors are off, black looks darkgray and it looks out of focus. In contrast, the Monoprice is vibrant, crystal clear and the colors are dead on. I don't doubt that there are better monitors out there but as far as I'm concerned, this one is well worth $399. I have zero regrets.

I'm looking at one of these as I type this. Beside it is an Acer 27". The difference between the two is astounding. The Acer is washed out and grainy looking. The colors are off, black looks darkgray and it looks out of focus. In contrast, the Monoprice is vibrant, crystal clear and the colors are dead on. I don't doubt that there are better monitors out there but as far as I'm concerned, this one is well worth $399. I have zero regrets.

Was then Acer an IPS? I think the 24" I was looking at is IPS.

Was then Acer an IPS? I think the 24" I was looking at is IPS.

No, actually it's a low grade cheap Acer G276HL so the comparison isn't entirely fair. But my point is, this monitor is excellent for what it is and at this price point. I also own a Dell 23" ips and to be honest, I don't see what all the hoopla is about.

Are these any good for gaming or just look pretty and need an expensive card to drive?

Back