275.33 WHQL posted.

This is the first WHQL-certified release from the Release 275 family of drivers (versions 275.xx to 279.xx). You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.

This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. This driver package also includes the 3D Vision Controller driver.

New in Release 275.33

GPU Support

Adds support for the newly released GeForce GTX 560 GPU.
Performance

The Release 275 beta driver v275.27 can cause significant performance drop in The Witcher 2. This issue has been resolved in v275.33 drivers. Please read this FAQ for more information on this issue.
Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. v270.61 WHQL drivers. The following are some examples of improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 580:
Up to 4% in Crysis 2
Up to 5% in Civilization V with SLI
Up to 9% in Portal 2
Up to 13% in Bulletstorm with Antialiasing enabled
Up to 15% in Batman: Arkham Asylum with PhysX High
GeForce GTX 560:
Up to 6% in Crysis 2
Up to 8% in Portal 2
Up to 14% in Batman: Arkham Asylum with PhysX High
Up to 15% in Bulletstorm with Antialiasing enabled
Increases gaming performance by up to 12% for dual-core CPUs in CPU-limited cases.
NVIDIA Update

In Release 275, NVIDIA Update adds automatic SLI, multi-GPU, and antialiasing (AA) profile updates. These profile updates are automatically downloaded from NVIDIA and silently installed on your PC, keeping it up-to-the-minute with the latest game profiles. When you install a Release 270 or later GeForce driver from www.nvidia.com, you will be presented with the option to install NVIDIA Update. Click here to learn more about NVIDIA Update.
Desktop Scaling

New NVIDIA Control Panel user interface for configuring desktop scaling, including new preview window.
Now consistently available for all displays (including VGA and HDMI connections).
New scaling override option for Windows 7 gaming.
Improved desktop resizing user interface that guides the user to disable overscanning using their HDTV controls and also provides a fallback option to enable desktop resizing via the NVIDIA Control panel.
NVIDIA desktop resizing now creates a custom, resized resolution with 1:1 pixel mapping and resizes standard resolutions for games that don’t support custom resolutions.
NVIDIA 3D Vision

With Release 275 drivers, the 3D Vision Controller driver is now included with all GPU driver installations. This driver package includes v275.33 3D Vision Controller driver. Users are no longer required to install a separate 3D Vision Controller driver or CD driver. For more information, please view this knowledgebase article for more information.
3D Vision Window Mode support. Please view this knowledgebase article for more information.
Added support for 3D Vision Photo viewer to now work in Window Mode. When you have opened a 3D picture file check the “View” section for this new option.
Improved 3D Vision IR emitter and 3D Vision glasses synchronization
Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: NEC NP-V300X series
Added the following 3D Vision game profiles:
Age of Empires Online
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Battlefield Play4Free
Duke Nukem Forever
Dungeon Siege III
Super Street Fighter IV
World of Tanks
Update the following 3D Vision game profiles
Portal 2 – fixed water reflection problem and updated convergence setting to provide a better user experience
The Witcher 2 – Improved 3D Vision compatibility for all in-game effects
Other

Installs HD Audio driver version 1.2.23.3
Installs PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514
Supports playing back Blu-ray 3D discs when connecting your GPU to an HDMI 1.4 3D TV. Playback requires compatible software application from CyberLink, ArcSoft, Roxio, or Corel. For GPU and system requirements, visit the NVIDIA Blu-ray 3D website.
Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
Supports OpenGL 4.1 on GeForce 400 series and later GPUs.
Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

Anyone hoping to use these for a boost in The Witcher 2 specifically may want to hold off. Here's a post by ManuelG in the Nvidia forums:

ManuelG@Nvidia Forums said:
Just wanted to let you all know what we will be releasing an updated driver this week but because the check in that improves the overall game performance could not be tested properly in time, it was not checked into this driver branch (there was a potential that it could break compatibility with other games). The fix won't be in until the June driver. There is another fix that was checked in a while back that will address the slow performance when a user enables 3D Vision, even if the user has disabled it with this game. That will be in this weeks driver.

And then reports of FPS drops in the game after installing the new WHQL drivers.

Looks like I'm not reinstalling the game until June (since I doubt the new game patch would make up the difference from the driver degrade).

Why won't you play the game just because there's no performance boost? If your machine is decent, the performance is already fine. The main thing was the retarded issue where having 3D drivers installed ruined game performance no matter what. That is now supposed to be fixed.

With Release 275 drivers, the 3D Vision Controller driver is now included with all GPU driver installations.

so we don't have the option to not install that now? I thought that 3D driver caused issues in games like the Witcher 2.

With Release 275 drivers, the 3D Vision Controller driver is now included with all GPU driver installations.

so we don't have the option to not install that now? I thought that 3D driver caused issues in games like the Witcher 2.

Yeah, they sometimes caused hitching for me in games like Rift and others if I had the 3d vision controller driver installed, even though I'm on a 2560x1600 S-IPS panel display (2D)... leaving them out of the installation solved the issues. However they do note they fixed a performance loss when it is disabled, so perhaps that's what they are referring to.

EDIT: Just downloaded the drivers, you CAN uncheck (under custom install) the 3d vision stuff to not install it. So, nothing's changed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up, currently downloading this. Will let you all know if I have any issues (GTX 460 768MB)

Anyone using nVIDIA Update? I haven't used it before, wondering if it's more trouble than it's worth, or vice-versa.

Yeah, they sometimes caused hitching for me in games like Rift and others if I had the 3d vision controller driver installed, even though I'm on a 2560x1600 S-IPS panel display (2D)... leaving them out of the installation solved the issues. However they do note they fixed a performance loss when it is disabled, so perhaps that's what they are referring to.

EDIT: Just downloaded the drivers, you CAN uncheck (under custom install) the 3d vision stuff to not install it. So, nothing's changed.
okay thats good to know, thanks

Well, there's conflicting reports on whether the 3D issue actually is fixed in this driver release - and some seem to be having the experience of this driver release actually degrading performance in the game.

I've got plenty of games to play, so waiting for better SLI utilization for this particular game isn't having me stop gaming because of it or anything like that.

cannondale06 said:

Well, there's conflicting reports on whether the 3D issue actually is fixed in this driver release - and some seem to be having the experience of this driver release actually degrading performance in the game.

I've got plenty of games to play, so waiting for better SLI utilization for this particular game isn't having me stop gaming because of it or anything like that.

I'm sure you guys have read nVidia's official responce on the matter of The Witcher 2 and their 3D Vision driver:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2995

Basicly, nVidia is saying that the problem is in the game code, and not their driver. They got a temporary workaround for it in this driver release, and are working with the developer to get it fixed properly in the game code.

As to weather the problem realy is in the game code, or in the driver... who knows, its all finger pointing. But at least nVidia seems to be willing to work with the CDProjekt devs to get whatever the issue is resolved.

Last edited:
well my point was that I wanted to still be able to skip installing 3D driver that I have no need for or could potentially cause issues. as GoldenTiger later pointed out though, I still can skip it.

Interesting - HDMI 1.4 1080p/24 in 3D now works for me. My receiver is still unsupported for 3DTVNow, but I can watch 3D movies in all their glory finally.
For game, I played a little Brink with no crashes thus far.

I'm sure you guys have read nVidia's official responce on the matter of The Witcher 2 and their 3D Vision driver:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2995

Basicly, nVidia is saying that the problem is in the game code, and not their driver. They got a temporary workaround for it in this driver release, and are working with the developer to get it fixed properly in the game code.

As to weather the problem realy is in the game code, or in the driver... who knows, its all finger pointing. But at least nVidia seems to be willing to work with the CDProjekt devs to get whatever the issue is resolved.

Nvidia had better be willing to work with them, technically this is an Nvidia branded game after all, which makes it even more lousy it shipped with so many issues and should have been properly supporting SLI at release.

I'm using 270.61's with good performance and no issues. {GTX460}

I'm mostly playing Dirt3 and Shift2 now and was wondering if I should even bother to install these latest drivers?

What I really noticed going from 275.27 beta to 275.33 WHQL is that the CPU utilization improvements that they seem to have made in BC2 are gone. My framerate isn't pegged at 60 in Arica Harbor, it varies from 50-60 now. Going back to 275.27 as I type this, and I'll update if my suspicions are correct.

can we install this right over our old driver, or do you have to uninstall first?
when is the last time you installed an Nvidia driver? pick what you want to install and just choose the clean install option. that uninstalls the old driver for you before installing the new one and no rebooting required.

The installation process now automatically deletes old driver first even without the clean option checked. The clean install option is to also get rid of previous settings and profiles. Nvidia's drivers install method is much better than it was in the past.

i see significant performance increase in flashes most of the websites. so damn smooth now compared to previous version

I'm doing a clean windows 7 install with two GTX460's with this update, however, I think something is up. The maximize 3D option is greyed out....but it still sees my two cards.

My two video cards are in perfect working order and these are the first drivers I've attempted to install. What is up?

UPDATE: Upon an additional restart....it now gives me the option to maximize 3D...however...when I do this....it instantly gives me a BSOD.

Again....I have not installed any other drivers or any windows update. I'm running MSI Big Bang BiosV1.6(most current) and am 100% my bridge cable and both my video cards work.

sli.jpg

photo.jpg

Last edited:
These drivers are garbage. Dragon Age 2 displays all kinds of wierd shadowing anomolies. Rolling back to 270.61 fixed that shit.

These drivers are garbage. Dragon Age 2 displays all kinds of wierd shadowing anomolies. Rolling back to 270.61 fixed that shit.

Yeah, that happens for me, too. They're grand for everything else I've tried, though. It's too bad these coincided with the DA2 patch that finally made the game playable for a bunch of people.

Stupid question, how do I force a screen resolution? I see that there are a LOT more scaling options and resolution options compared to previous drivers, but...I don't see an "APPLY" or "OK" button anywhere in order to actually apply them! Right now I'm using the old default Windows method in order to change resolutions.
edit: ok, so I got it working, but now when I try custom high resolutions I get a "test failed" error even though they're working just fine...

Last edited:
I fired up the new 275.33 with my GTX 480 just last night on Friday. Played BC2 and lo and behold, the flickering issue on many maps (Isla Innocentes, Nelson Bay, Harvest Day and Atacama Desert) are gone. The flickering by the way is where the sky in-game would change odd colors out of nowhere. Also played a little Overlord (how's that for old school). That ran fine. Will test Gears of War, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Borderlands and LOTRO later on. That is all for now. Out!

I got a boost in 3dmark11 over the previous drivers. Went from p6340 to p6718 with a 480gtx at 860/2150 and 2500k at 4.4. Everything stayed the same but the drivers.

Anyone having a problem with the color settings (set via nvidia control panel) not being saved on a shutdown/reboot? Its getting annoying having to go into the CP there and just toggle a slider for it to set the colors back to how I want them instead of a too bright default.

I'm doing a clean windows 7 install with two GTX460's with this update, however, I think something is up. The maximize 3D option is greyed out....but it still sees my two cards.

My two video cards are in perfect working order and these are the first drivers I've attempted to install. What is up?

UPDATE: Upon an additional restart....it now gives me the option to maximize 3D...however...when I do this....it instantly gives me a BSOD.

Again....I have not installed any other drivers or any windows update. I'm running MSI Big Bang BiosV1.6(most current) and am 100% my bridge cable and both my video cards work.

sli.jpg

photo.jpg

Don't know if you solved your problem, but I had issues with SLI even showing up and it was due to a conflict with the driver for the Realtek LAN chip on the mobo. The MSI Big Bang has a Realtek LAN on it, so to check you may just want to disable the LAN on the mobo (either in device manager or through the BIOS) and see if the problem goes away.

If that fixes it you probably want to go to Realtek's website and hunt down the latest driver they have for the chipset. In my case, neither Windows Update nor Gigabyte (my mobo manufacturer) had drivers based on the latest Realtek driver, and the older drivers they both had were giving me SLI issues. Not sure if Realtek explicitly noted compatibility changes in the driver changelog, but that's what worked for me.

Don't know if you solved your problem, but I had issues with SLI even showing up and it was due to a conflict with the driver for the Realtek LAN chip on the mobo. The MSI Big Bang has a Realtek LAN on it, so to check you may just want to disable the LAN on the mobo (either in device manager or through the BIOS) and see if the problem goes away.

If that fixes it you probably want to go to Realtek's website and hunt down the latest driver they have for the chipset. In my case, neither Windows Update nor Gigabyte (my mobo manufacturer) had drivers based on the latest Realtek driver, and the older drivers they both had were giving me SLI issues. Not sure if Realtek explicitly noted compatibility changes in the driver changelog, but that's what worked for me.

The problem still persists. I've disabled LAN controller in bios. I've also tried different SLI cables, and also plugging in JPRW4 connector. Currently my windows 7 ultimate x64 have all of the updated drivers minus the disabled LAN controller option. My MSI Xpower is updated to v1.6. I've read a few places that lowering clock speeds on my video card and ram may help but i really really doubt this is the issue. My 12GB corsair gt is running at stock speeds as well as my gigabyte gtx460's. Is there anything else I'm missing? These headaches makes me want to trade these two gtx460s and get a single gtx580.....please help.

These drivers make Fable 3 stuttery as shit for me. They seemed alright in other games with minimal performance difference if anything at all on my 260. :(

Rolling back fixes it and it's back to perfectly smooth.

The problem still persists. I've disabled LAN controller in bios. I've also tried different SLI cables, and also plugging in JPRW4 connector. Currently my windows 7 ultimate x64 have all of the updated drivers minus the disabled LAN controller option. My MSI Xpower is updated to v1.6. I've read a few places that lowering clock speeds on my video card and ram may help but i really really doubt this is the issue. My 12GB corsair gt is running at stock speeds as well as my gigabyte gtx460's. Is there anything else I'm missing? These headaches makes me want to trade these two gtx460s and get a single gtx580.....please help.

Seems like it's down to good old troubleshooting, then. You say you're 100% both cards work, but I'll just ask the usual have you tried installing each card by itself in the main slot (ie. install one, see if it works fine in the main slot, then uninstall the drivers and swap in the other card and reinstall the drivers and see if it works?).

Also, specifically which Big Bang mobo are you using?

Seems like it's down to good old troubleshooting, then. You say you're 100% both cards work, but I'll just ask the usual have you tried installing each card by itself in the main slot (ie. install one, see if it works fine in the main slot, then uninstall the drivers and swap in the other card and reinstall the drivers and see if it works?).

Also, specifically which Big Bang mobo are you using?

Yes, each video card works fine on its own with no problems. I triple checked again to be sure.

I'm using the MSI Big Bang Xpower MS-7666 series Motherboard and Corsair Dominator 12GB RAM - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145224 with a Crucial C300 128gb SSD and Corsair AX850 PSU.

Guys is it just me or have the drivers, the latest one official one that came out before this one, making everything take a shit ???

Bad Company 2's screen has shifted to the right and it is all retarded @ 5760x1080, cant be fixed after reinstall of the game. CS Source is flickering every now and then with artifacting and other random games. Is this just me or is everyone else having these issues with the last 2 official nvidia driver updates?

Sigh, reverted drivers to 270.61 and the color settings still won't save. On top of that annoyance, I'm still getting random reboots/windows fails to load. I can't figure out if its the PSU, video card, vid card drivers or something else. Damn machine can be stable as hell for 12+ hours and just reboot randomly while sitting idle or under load.

Some of you made me feel better.

I know this game can be bitchy on its own and especially with a few mods but Fallout New Vegas turned into a BSOD nightmare ONLY after I installed these drivers. Nothing else had changed on my machine for many weeks except for Windows updates. I've had surprisingly few issues with that game in general.

It was a Blue Screen Code 50 Page Fault not in Page area ntoskrnl.exe as the cause. Did several hardware diagnostics and everything's clean. Rolled back GPU drivers, so far haven't seen any more problems.

Lesson learned: Even if it's WHQL don't rush into it.

It's a shame. It did offer nice performance increase...until the BSOD and crash.

If I open the Nvidia Control panel it says that it can't use the older version of the control panel. It lets me in and I can change stuff or whatever. But if I try to open it again the mouse just spins for a bit and stops.

Only way to open it a second time is to restart the PC.

I did the clean install and everything. It took it 3 hours to install them initially as they kept getting hung. I think these are a bit buggy to say the least.

So what I see here and abroad leads me to conclude: These drivers are an absolute disaster.

True or false?

Back