2700X and Dark Rock Pro 4

wiperico

n00b
Hello,

I recently mounted a 2700X with a be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, along with three Silent Wings 3 PWM high-speed (two of 140 on the front panel and one of 120 behind.) Default settings in the bios.

Everything works correctly, however, I thought the CPU temps would be lower.

With 10 minutes of Prime95, Small FFTs, I get this (HWiNFO64):

Captura.png

In Aida64 it reaches 83 or more.

Should it have lower temperatures or are they correct?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
seems about normal. You will never see those temps in normal usage anyways. What case? What is your room temp?

Hello,

I recently mounted a 2700X with a be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, along with three Silent Wings 3 PWM high-speed (two of 140 on the front panel and one of 120 behind.) Default settings in the bios.

View attachment 127515

Thanks in advance.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/05/24/be_quiet_dark_rock_pro_4_cpu_air_cooler_review/1

isn't the thermal limit for ryzen 95c? Surely running that cpu at 111c over and over for testing is going to kill that chip.

The 111 is merely a placeholder for the graph to indicate a failed test. However I have seen temps upwards of 103*c in testing prior to a crash of some description. I'll make an edit to the testing methodology description to make that more clear on future reviews :)

And yes, when we designed the rig one of the first things Kyle said was he is looking forward to seeing how long the 1700 lasts at the voltage we're hitting it with. So far it's been flawless, which I'm thankful for because I'm not looking forward to re-testing every cooler on the chart to make a new chart with a new CPU.

The 111 is merely a placeholder for the graph to indicate a failed test. However I have seen temps upwards of 103*c in testing prior to a crash of some description. I'll make an edit to the testing methodology description to make that more clear on future reviews :)

And yes, when we designed the rig one of the first things Kyle said was he is looking forward to seeing how long the 1700 lasts at the voltage we're hitting it with. So far it's been flawless, which I'm thankful for because I'm not looking forward to re-testing every cooler on the chart to make a new chart with a new CPU.

Other thing I don't see in this review is any mention of VRM temps. Different CPU heatsinks are going to result in different VRM temperatures, depending on where the air is being pushed. Something to consider.

Hello,

View attachment 127515

Thanks in advance.

You should be fine, though do note, even though you are running stock setting, depending on your motherboard, it could also be aggressively auto overclocking.

Seems a little high. I would suspect that your board is giving the CPU extra voltage as part of PB2 or PBO.

This was one of the reviews that I looked before buying everything (I like your testing methods), but I didn't know if the temperatures of a 1700 overcloked to 3.9 and 1.475 volts would be similar to those of a 2700x with XFR enabled.

Thanks for all the answers. I see that the temperatures are not bad, but I will change the thermal paste and I will try to lower the voltages without lose Hz in the automatic OC.

Back