27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 impressions

Use the thread search function if you really think it is worth investigating.

I just did an Advanced search on this site and there were a few, I wouldn't say multiple people,as in a whole lot, who had some issues with the SE model. There were also more who were very pleased with the SE. IDK, I guess its a crapshoot. I'm about to pull the trigger on the SE model. Wish me luck

A few people all reported getting SE's with the horizontal line issue with the a 2 week span a few weeks ago. Be safe and buy a non-SE edition. If an extra 50$ is going to break the bank you should not be buying a monitor, especially one you can't return or exchange easily.

storewithstory accepted my offer of $325 for a QX2710 PP, just for those who might want to try. I started at $320, was countered with $335, then they accepted my offer at $325.

Hey guys, I just got 2 xstars. Love them. One thing that bugs me though. Monitor 1 in standby blinks red, monitor 2 in standby blinks blue.

Reposting from another thread my response to this Qnix/X-Star horror-story:

screen died after a month. ebay protection plan, despite being inside the 45 day window, is a joke and did nothing. seller agreed to repair/replace if i sent it back, he would also refund the return shipping. $150 to send it back for repair, he mails it back, never even opened the box, screen doa. again, paypal protection is a farce. Seller told me the screen was perfect and to fuck off. I msged him on ebay for months, emailed etc. nothing. sellers can block buyers, so if i try to contact him, i get kicked from ebay for life.
despite having emails, msgs and screen caps where he agrees to replace the screen, and refund the shippings costs, i have learned that paypal protection is a flip of the coin.
$330 screen
$150 return shipping
2x $40 custom fees
Red-Cap was the seller.

i posted my story in a number of places. I still to this day have people email me saying they are in the exact same situation with the same guy.

I feel your pain, sir. I would say on eBay with these monitors they get one shot, especially if they already gave me good feedback for instapayment. If you get a bad Korean panel and the seller wants you to pay return shipping, instantly file a claim and dispute the transaction requesting full refund, because you are going to pay shipping either way and they are already not trying to make you happy so your chances of getting a good replacement are not any better than they would be with someone else entirely. Try a different seller if you want to roll the dice again. The shipping is the reason for this behavior, if they want you to pay return shipping, they need to refund you. From personal experience as a seller I know the closer to that 45th day the buyer goes without filing the claim, the less likely they are to win. If you wait 30 days to file a claim on eBay that places a lot of weight against your claim now--almost quote from eBay case worker who closed a case over the phone in my favor where a buyer was trying to scam me on a video card they had been using for more than a month with no communication then suddenly I get a not-as-described claim.

Any thoughts concerning my plan for troubles with Korean monitor purchases? Does it seem logical?

Edit: Yes I know you're thinking, well Red-cap offered to refund the return shipping, so why shouldn't he have gone for that. I was focusing on the 150 charge for return shipping listed as if it was never refunded. I still say file claim early and when the second unit comes back if it's DOA as above, then you escalate to dispute. In the story the buyer is at least out the 330+2x40 for customs, sounds like he was out the 150 return shipping as well... that's, 560! :( if the claim had been filed early and found in his favor all he would have been out was the return shipping. Is it really freaking 150 dollars to ship one back to SK? I'd like to think I could figure out something cheaper than that.

Last edited:
...I hope not

I have an update on mine. The seller contacted Qnix to see what the issue was, and I got this response:

Sorry for the late response.
Qnix told us the PCB board inside the monitor could be faulty.
If we send a new one to you, would you try to replace it?

Thoughts? I said I'm not good with electronics and I'll likely break it more than fix it and asked if there were other options (I'm hoping for an exchange), but...is it easy to swap out the PCB board? Is this a normal procedure? I'm kind of at a loss here on what to do, especially if the cost to ship it back is going to be really expensive

Just got my Xstar from Dream-seller.

Took a bit to get here due to a delay and the whole bad batch of monitors excuse...

But I am extremely happy with the monitor I got!

Can't find any dead/stuck pixels, and there is very little BLB!

FYI on the true10.

I received mine in 4 days from AccessoriesWhole.

3 Stuck pixels (purple) that I am trying to fix with JScreenFix. If anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know. No backlight bleed, which I guess is nice.

More importantly, frame skipping at all refresh rates above 60Hz!

I know that a few Qnix resellers are claiming overclocking up to 120Hz, but it appears to be not true.

I opted to go ahead and get a Monoprice stand. If someone gets one, you will need to add washers to make the Vesa plate attach firmly, the screws are too long. I also taped the power brick to the stand for a clean look of the cables when sitting in front of the screen.

Picture of the washers.

I opted to go ahead and get a Monoprice stand. If someone gets one, you will need to add washers to make the Vesa plate attach firmly, the screws are too long. I also taped the power brick to the stand for a clean look of the cables when sitting in front of the screen.

Picture of the washers.

Can it be rotated 90 vertically? What I mean is, the stand says designed for 23" monitors, does it leave enough space to rotate vertically still? Any height adjustment available when rotated?

FYI on the true10.

3 Stuck pixels (purple) that I am trying to fix with JScreenFix. If anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know. No backlight bleed, which I guess is nice.

I know that a few Qnix resellers are claiming overclocking up to 120Hz, but it appears to be not true.

Is the only way to test this by using a camera?

FYI on the true10.

Hmm that's a recent development with the Qnix PCB.. how disappointing if accurate.

Glad I got mine before they changed it if so.

Hmm that's a recent development with the Qnix PCB.. how disappointing if accurate.

People have been trying to overclock multi-input monitors since the Korean 1440p OC'ing phenomenon started in 2012 and have always found that they dropped all frames when oc'd above 60hz.

-----
This is why Google is important and the True 10 sucks anyways since it has a sub 700:1 contrast ratio, 30ms delay (TFT Central measured 600:1 but the review isn't up yet) and uses LED PWM Dimming (Side Effects) according to TFT Central despite being advertised as flicker free. Might as well buy an Asus PB278Q which has nearly half the delay, better contrast/black levels, is similarly priced but can be easily exchanged or returned depending on where one lives. Best to save up for the BenQ BL2710PT which does not use LED PWM Dimming

I took a risk and bought the older glossy Qnix QX2700, it is delay free despite having multiple inputs (only delay free multi-input monitor along with the updated LG 27EA83D. Most have 18-30ms delays) but the brightness can't be turned down without severely messing up the colors and is stuck @380cdm/2. It is possible to reduce the brightness to 200cdm/2-ish using the RGB controls but the contrast drops to 500:1. It does have near perfect preset color accuracy though, extremely fast pixel response times and supports 24hz Blu-Ray playback over HDMI.

Last edited:
Can it be rotated 90 vertically? What I mean is, the stand says designed for 23" monitors, does it leave enough space to rotate vertically still? Any height adjustment available when rotated?

Is the only way to test this by using a camera?

It has enough height to rotate it vertically, as you can see by my image, its not even all the way up on the pole you adjust the height. Adjusting height requires using the Allen wrench they supply.

I just ordered a tempered glass from greensum. I like tempered glass displays because I enjoy fawning over my reflection during black scenes and its also super convenient for me to apply lipstick & makeup when I am too lazy to use the powder room!

This is my prior history with Korean 1440ps:
(1) Tempered Glass 60hz Shimian: Was absolutely beautiful, but upgraded to a 120hz catlicker.
(2) Glossy Catlicker: An overclocking beast, bought for $699 sold for $999 at height of market.
(3) Pre-ordered two glossy Overlord OCs @$480 a piece from Catlicker sale proceeds.
(4) Ended up selling both Overlords a few weeks after ownership for double the price to two duchmen....God I love the dutch :D

Soooo it looks like this greensum glossy may be the best combination of the tempered glass shimian + 120hz catlicker for me :cool:

I just ordered a tempered glass from greensum. I like tempered glass displays because I enjoy fawning over my reflection during black scenes and its also super convenient for me to apply lipstick & makeup when I am too lazy to use the powder room!

This is my prior history with Korean 1440ps:
(1) Tempered Glass 60hz Shimian: Was absolutely beautiful, but upgraded to a 120hz catlicker.
(2) Glossy Catlicker: An overclocking beast, bought for $699 sold for $999 at height of market.
(3) Pre-ordered two glossy Overlord OCs @$480 a piece from Catlicker sale proceeds.
(4) Ended up selling both Overlords a few weeks after ownership for double the price to two duchmen....God I love the dutch :D

Soooo it looks like this greensum glossy may be the best combination of the tempered glass shimian + 120hz catlicker for me :cool:
I've had NONE of these displays on my table, man. So don't take this as me being a know-it-all.
I'm just HOPING you didn't go from a:
Cadillac Escalade (Shimian) to a
stripped down racing Ferrari (Catleap 2B) to a pair of
stripped down racing Corvettes (Overlord OC) to a
stripped down racing Mustang that has been wrecked (Tempered Glass Qnix).

This may be known.. but it was a bit of a surprise to me. I upgraded my 6970 to a GTX 780. I could only do 110hz with the 6970 before seeing horizontal lines on the display. The GTX 780 does 120hz without issue with the same DVI cable.

I've had NONE of these displays on my table, man. So don't take this as me being a know-it-all.
I'm just HOPING you didn't go from a:
Cadillac Escalade (Shimian) to a
stripped down racing Ferrari (Catleap 2B) to a pair of
stripped down racing Corvettes (Overlord OC) to a
stripped down racing Mustang that has been wrecked (Tempered Glass Qnix).

Hahaha, well I also have a UP2414Q (Koenigsegg One) arriving tomorrow :p

The Qnix is a place holder for my second PC until the Rog Swift comes out in June :eek:

can anyone sum up the best/bang for the buck lcd monitor right now? (27")

Overall features if you get a good one? This thread's monitor. But if you want certainty you'll have to go for something retail.

Do not expect to be able to return this monitor if you get a bad one without a hassle and some cost. If you are willing to risk it .. the returns can be very worthwhile.

It can easily be returned if one buys one from IPS LED Monitors (return policy), though the buyer pays for shipping both ways.

It can easily be returned if one buys one from IPS LED Monitors (return policy), though the buyer pays for shipping both ways.

So but, wait--they have real Qnix glossy units available at regular prices? I'm seeing same price for both brands QNIX/XSTAR and glossy or matte--all 339.98.

Noooo... only the Mattes are in stock haha. That's OK though, the mattes seem excellent from what I hear. So you pay flat rate 20 dollars for shipping. And you are guaranteed no hassle returns but have to pay return shipping to SoCA? Seems like a better option than eBay to me. Dream-seller seemed mostly professional but I got cold feet when they didn't have a monitor to ship me for 4 days and cancelled order. (I'm really indecisive by nature.)

Newegg's and Amazon's marketplace sellers will accept returns on these pretty hassle free, I'll wager, especially if you have an established line of credit with either etailer. That sounds like it would be scary, maybe--need to do more checking. In my situation, I'd order from Newegg because they tend to roll over if I'm not satisfied and I ordered a years worth of their silly Premier service to evaluate it, but I don't think that would help me much with a marketplace seller issue. The reviews at NE on the Qnix Matte make it clear there isn't any significant or widespread QC issue going on there. Pretty much 98% satisfaction on the QNIX matte panels from NE and they are slightly cheaper than on Amazon.

Edit: be super careful about which marketplace seller you buy from if you decide to give that a try. I just noticed a new one with no feedback popped up on NE. They say Newegg handles the RMAs but when I contacted NE to confirm they referred me to the marketplace seller for return policies. Not looking quite as much a slam dunk but it seems like Neofeel (the next seller down the list) does provide return shipping labels free of charge. I'm double checking on that.

Last edited:
So but, wait--they have real Qnix glossy units available at regular prices?

Their monitors are more expensive and they do not offer pixel perfect versions, though some claim PP=scam. Many of their monitors are not available, not sure why they don't de-list them. Since I live in Canada returns are still costly plus I would have to pay higher import fees vs. ordering from Korea.

BCC Korea's and its sub accounts (excellent castle, story with story, ect) offer to pay return shipping if the monitor is defective/DOA. Maybe some of the Amazon US sellers return policies are full filled by Amazon=hassle free but I haven't checked.

BCC Korea's and its sub accounts (excellent castle, story with story, ect) offer to pay return shipping if the monitor is defective/DOA. Maybe some of the Amazon US sellers return policies are full filled by Amazon=hassle free but I haven't checked.

Well yeah, all the Marketplace sellers are subject to A-Z guarantee... (that's the only reason I agreed to buy my Foris used from an individual who contacted me on OC.net--they had it up for sale as an Amazon Marketplace seller). I kinda gave them a hard time because it has a stuck pixel near the bezel top right and some light crosshatching when they said it was flawless... but the truth is I feel like they did me a big favor seeking me out to see if I wanted it, because it is a keeper--no restarts.

But one that that I don't like about Amazon A-Z terms... well, I maybe jsut don't understand what it means--it's the last item on this list:
A-to-z Guarantee Restrictions
The following items and situations are not covered by the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.

Payments for services (excluding specific eligible services).
Digital merchandise.
Cash or stored value instruments (except physical gift cards sold in the Gift Card category).
Prohibited items (including items violating the Amazon Payments Acceptable Use policy).
Credit card payments where the issuing bank has initiated a chargeback
Damage or loss that occurs to goods after they are delivered to a freight forwarder.

Wait, what was that last one again? :eek: I guess at that point the damage or loss is covered by the shipping company?? So, you buy a new TV from Amazon, it arrives smashed, they won't wait to get it back to verify it's been smashed, they just immediately send you out a new one and give you some time to return the smashed display. With a marketplace seller if your tv arrives smashed you are going to wait... and wait.. and wait to get that money back.

Anyway. I've sent off an email to the new seller on NE because the English on their seller profile page is too good and I just want to see what they say about return policy. Neofeel has this pretty explicit answer to the question of DOA/defective return shipping:

(1) An RMA number included Damaged/DOA/Defective shipments must be requested to [email protected] within (30) days of the delivery date. Shipping and handling fees are the costs of us sending the product to you and will not be refunded. In the event an item is sold with "free shipping", Neofeel International will refund the amount of sale.

(2) All returns with missing part (including, but not limited to, original manufacturer packing materials) will not be processed until the part is received.

(3) Customer is responsible for return shipping expenses unless the item is defective/ damaged. Replacements will be shipped at our expense unless item is defective/ damaged.

(4) Upon our acceptance of the merchandise in like new condition in strict conformance with the basic criteria and basic returns policy, the purchase price will be credited to the credit card used for the original purchase.

(5) Refund will be issued after our warehouse receives, inspects, and processes your return. Newegg will refund back to your method of payment.
Shipping is 9.50 flat, I think.

Given all this comparison data I've looked at tonight... I would recommend Amazon Marketplace seller as top choice to buy Qnix or Xstar OC monitor if you are scared of eBay. But a lot of these sellers are in both places and aren't really out to get anyone so much as just try to get as many of these monitors out the door as possible. So I'm probably going to go for one off eBay. I was bummed all the glossies ran out but the matte is probably better for my lighting situation anyway.

Would you trust a seller who is selling thousands of these? Or a seller that sells lots of things and also sells these when they can fulfill orders? Decisions, decisions.

I would buy a perfect pixel monitor from a bcc Korea seller or accessories whole since I would rather get one w/o pixel issues since light bleeding can be easily fixed. If you are really worried about returns ILM is probably a better option

Anyone had this issue before? Can I replace a board or a cable? The screen has no BLB and one faint dead subpixel otherwise... :(

13436349883_6e7d802eac.jpg

Anyone had this issue before? Can I replace a board or a cable? The screen has no BLB and one faint dead subpixel otherwise... :(

13436349883_6e7d802eac.jpg

I can't tell what you have there. Is it not lined up right or not scaled all the way or something?

Btw I got an email from newegg marketplace after I sent a question about Rma shipping to the newest of their sellers with the qnix/xstars for sale:

for that question, newegg will take care of all refund shipping. If customer request for refund for defective, have them contact newegg customer service email: [email protected]

Dear {me}

Thank you for contacting us and also for your interest in the QNIX 2710 monitor.

As for the answer to your queston:
In the case that the product is defective, you can contact Newegg customer service and they'll assist you in the return process. The return shipping will also be covered by Newegg.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards.

Last edited:
Return shipping covered by Newegg???

Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har HarHar Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har HarHar Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har HarHar Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har HarHar Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har HarHar Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har HarHar Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har HarHar Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har HarHar Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har HarHar Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har HarHar Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har HarHar Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har

HAR!

I like to make fun of Newegg, too. It's cool. But hey, no lie they've paid shipping both ways on SIX different monitors I've bought and returned for full refund in the last 7 months. But maybe the Newegg Marketplace seller is a bad idea--I had some credit there I was thinking of using but, meh. I think I'm going to skip the Qnix/Xstar and wait for the Rog Swift.

I can't tell what you have there. Is it not lined up right or not scaled all the way or something?

Btw I got an email from newegg marketplace after I sent a question about Rma shipping to the newest of their sellers with the qnix/xstars for sale:

The left half of the screen has vertical blue lines where there is any white content.

I like to make fun of Newegg, too. It's cool. But hey, no lie they've paid shipping both ways on SIX different monitors I've bought and returned for full refund in the last 7 months. But maybe the Newegg Marketplace seller is a bad idea--I had some credit there I was thinking of using but, meh. I think I'm going to skip the Qnix/Xstar and wait for the Rog Swift.

I was going to get one of each, but now I'm tempted to just grab another x-star. Bad idea? I just have a feeling that the TN panel will bother me to no end as a primary display (which it would need to be to play games on it). Mine only overclocks to 96htz, but it looks absolutely beautiful at this setting. I have yet to see something noticeably better.

Back