27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 impressions

There are some reports of poor panel uniformity, trapped dust specks and dead sub pixels in the BenQ thread. I've also read AUOptronics aren't known for their quality control.

Are these QNIX able to display Gigabyte UEFI BIOS's? I suspect not, just like the Hazro's that had no scaler.

I've a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 with u1j beta BIOS. The BIOS screen appears fine.

There are some reports of poor panel uniformity, trapped dust specks and dead sub pixels in the BenQ thread. I've also read AUOptronics aren't known for their quality control.

Are these QNIX able to display Gigabyte UEFI BIOS's? I suspect not, just like the Hazro's that had no scaler.

Hmm. Well, after having made a trip to the local best buy to eye panels in person the issues I had regarding desk space and size subsequently flew out the window. They didn't have the exact one in question on display sadly but similiar ones looked good, even at 1080p, when compared to mine and these are only better from everything I've heard. Truth be told now my current one feels a bit inadequate. :D While I would have preferred to stick with a more 'established' brand due to RMA/Warranty reasons a good deal is hard to pass up and means significantly more I can throw towards a GPU upgrade. Plus from digging around for a bit there seems to have been far more reported successes then outright horror stories. Also yes I am fully aware these are not perfect and at best will still likely have some issues with stuck/dead pixels and back light bleed. At worst..well I believe there was a set of photo's posted in this thread showing a panel who's casing had nearby been broke in half.

So the only question that remains is what you guys consider the most 'sort of reliable' seller(s)*? I'm still seeing both the QNIX and X-Star branded panels on Ebay for much cheaper then say Amazon or the egg but given how shady Ebay can be is the extra expense worth any added 'peace of mind' via going through the latter two instead?

*Dream Seller appears to be semi-decent from what I've read. There's a few other smaller sellers listing these for even cheaper (sub-$200 USD) but something tells me those offers might just be too good to be true. ;)

Hmm. Well, after having made a trip to the local best buy to eye panels in person the issues I had regarding desk space and size subsequently flew out the window. They didn't have the exact one in question on display sadly but similiar ones looked good, even at 1080p, when compared to mine and these are only better from everything I've heard. Truth be told now my current one feels a bit inadequate. :D While I would have preferred to stick with a more 'established' brand due to RMA/Warranty reasons a good deal is hard to pass up and means significantly more I can throw towards a GPU upgrade. Plus from digging around for a bit there seems to have been far more reported successes then outright horror stories. Also yes I am fully aware these are not perfect and at best will still likely have some issues with stuck/dead pixels and back light bleed. At worst..well I believe there was a set of photo's posted in this thread showing a panel who's casing had nearby been broke in half.

So the only question that remains is what you guys consider the most 'sort of reliable' seller(s)*? I'm still seeing both the QNIX and X-Star branded panels on Ebay for much cheaper then say Amazon or the egg but given how shady Ebay can be is the extra expense worth any added 'peace of mind' via going through the latter two instead?

*Dream Seller appears to be semi-decent from what I've read. There's a few other smaller sellers listing these for even cheaper (sub-$200 USD) but something tells me those offers might just be too good to be true. ;)

Excellentcastle, accessorieswhole are both popular sellers.

i ordered from accessorieswhole,and the monitor arrived in 3days,great seller.and great communication. and i could track my monitor from the day it left korea the tracking was updated every few hours. no dead pixels or blb very cheap customs charge of £17

i ordered from accessorieswhole,and the monitor arrived in 3days,great seller.and great communication. and i could track my monitor from the day it left korea the tracking was updated every few hours. no dead pixels or blb very cheap customs charge of £17

FedEx, DHL or UPS?
The yanks have a free trade agreement with S.Korea so they pay nothing.

Excellentcastle, accessorieswhole are both popular sellers.

Looking around a bit it seems Dreamseller is the cheapest option out there at ~$279 for the X-Star branding of this panel, discounting the sub-$200 dealers I mentioned before which just scream 'scam' to me. The others appear to be close price wise though.

I just got mine delivered and setup. No dead pixels, backlight bleeding is within acceptable levels. The only issue is there's an inch wide dark vertical band that runs top to bottom about halfway between the middle of the screen and the left edge. It's only noticeable when there's a light background. At 60Hz it's barely noticeable, but at 120Hz it's more pronounced and becomes really obvious in-game (I tried Skyrim) as an inch wide dark grey stripe. At Hz inbetween 60 and 120 it becomes more and less pronounced linearly so I've got it at the halfway point at 90Hz right now where it's just barely noticeable.

Has anyone else seen this? Any fixes, or is this something I'd need to send it back for?

EDIT: I'm at work and can't take a picture of it, but here's someone else that did: http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/...s-monitor-club-qnix-x-star/6340#post_20717121

Last edited:
^ whom did you buy your monitor from?

EDIT: oh great, the moment i went to order one of these, dream-seller increased his price from $280 to $309!

Last edited:
yeah, i was in contact with dream-seller for a couple of days; i messaged him, asking whether he'll offer a discount or not. if not, i'll use the other sellers. thanks :)

EDIT: oh great, the moment i went to order one of these, dream-seller increased his price from $280 to $309!

I pulled the trigger on the matte X-Star panel Monday when it was still $279 price so here's hoping both its one I can live with and that unlike the first set of build components its actually delivered to the right address. I got them in the end thanks to someone recognizing the name on the label but the whole point of having it shipped to that particular destination was the drivers tend to get confused about which exterior door is actually mine at my home address, either leaving it at the wrong one or claim no one answered..when they actually knocked on the utility room. Still a bit annoyed however and somewhat worried as monitor included there's still two more packages to go. :mad:

^ good luck with the delivery and the quality of your monitor :)

dream-seller replied to my request, saying that he can't offer a discount because the price increase was from the manufacturer and that the eBay sellers don't make much profit blah blah blah...i don't believe any of it but am not going to argue with him. i'll just offer a price to another seller.

EDIT: ...and as i was typing this, the seller i was going to make an offer to (storewithstory) also increased the price of its monitors by $20. :D

Last edited:
Anyone bought one of the new QX2710 LED Evolution II DP Multi True10 monitors yet? It seems they've switched panels (possibly BenQ?). They are claiming true 10bit color, multi-input, 120hz OC (75hz native), flicker free, and only 4ms. It also looks like they've gone to a grey bezel rather than the shiny black one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matte-27-QN...2310?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20e0e5d5b6

QX2710_TRUE10_8.jpg

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
AUO makes AHVA panels=their version of IPS/PLS. All of the multi-input monitors tested dropped the additional frames when overclocked.

Last edited:

accessorieswhole

I tried a few things last night and nothing seems to fix it. I've contacted the seller asking for an exchange. Sigh...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Does this one overclock to 100Hz/120Hz?

http://www.amazon.com/QNIX-QX2710-E...&sr=1-1&keywords=QNIX+QX2710+LED+Evolution+ll

I need to get a monitor that has better colors and viewing angles than my Asus !44Hz. I went back to my 30 inch IPS Dell and it looks amazing even at 60Hz.

Should I buy it from ebay or Amazon?

I also found this site.

http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/QNIX-QX2710-Evolution-II-Monitor-p/qni1.htm

It has the potential to OC to 120hz, yes. If you are worried about returns etc, use the US sites, if the only thing that matters is price, use ebay.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It has the potential to OC to 120hz, yes. If you are worried about returns etc, use the US sites, if the only thing that matters is price, use ebay.

I am not worried about returns. I bought few carbon fiber frames from China for $400-$500 each so I am fine. I noticed that dream seller has QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 matter for $319 or best offer.

Does it make sense paying more for a pixel perfect one?

Does it make sense paying more for a pixel perfect one?

Yes. If it has more dead pixel than advertised they usually will refund the price difference between the non PP & PP monitors.

I am not worried about reuturns. I bought few carbon fiber frames from China for $400-$500 each so I am fine. I noticed that dream seller has QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 matter for $319 or best offer.

Do it make sense paying more for a pixel perfect one?

Some people believe yes it does, others say no. There have been plenty that have gone both ways, there are also people who got a dead pixel and do not care. They are very small at this resolution.

Some people believe yes it does, others say no. There have been plenty that have gone both ways, there are also people who got a dead pixel and do not care. They are very small at this resolution.

Yea, I do not care about dead pixels. I can't see any on my 30 inch Dells. I need good IPS colors, 100Hz refresh rate and I am happy.

Dream Sellers Perfect pixel still allows for 2 dead pixels, so I decided it was not worth it. 2 isn't that much better than 3 or 5 at this resolution. Although hopefully I don't get 5! His prices just went up though they were 279 a short time ago. He also looks to be offering a glossy-no glass version.

Dream Sellers Perfect pixel still allows for 2 dead pixels, so I decided it was not worth it. 2 isn't that much better than 3 or 5 at this resolution. Although hopefully I don't get 5! His prices just went up though they were 279 a short time ago. He also looks to be offering a glossy-no glass version.

I haven't checked recently, but accessorieswhole has listed a zero dead or stuck pixel one for closer to $400.

I went with a matte one.

yes, there is a price war going on between sellers currently. everybody has increased their prices since yesterday. dream-seller's was $280, then went up to $309, then up to $319.

Yea, I do not care about dead pixels. I can't see any on my 30 inch Dells. I need good IPS colors, 100Hz refresh rate and I am happy.

The bottom corner bleed on 30 inch Dells is like having 1 to 2 million dead pixels.

Someone got the new True monitor in over at overclockers forum, it accepted the overclock, but does skip frames, as expected.

an update from dream-seller: he doesn't have enough (or any) in stock, so if you order from him, it'll take a while before he even ships them out.

The SE editions have more issues such as horizontal black lines from top-to-bottom which can be seen in dark scenes.

Not trying to be a smartass or anything but there are 1600 posts there. When you say multiple how many is that and where in those 1600 posts can we narrow it down.

Use the thread search function if you really think it is worth investigating.

The SE editions have more issues such as horizontal black lines from top-to-bottom which can be seen in dark scenes.

sadly my non-se qx2710 i bought from green-sum in december has these lines. i don't really mind them but they are noticeable.

Back