27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 impressions

i got both mine thru dream-seller -- one Qnix one Xstar (they are all the same really)

My xstar was delayed due to them not having any pixel perfect on hand... even with a 2 day delay it still got here from the other side of the world within a week. Both monitors were indeed pixel perfect, I have no problem waiting a few extra days as long as it's a quality product.

For what you pay -- this really is an amazing deal. The fact you can order on a monday and have it in your hand within 5 days is nothing short of amazing. His communication during the whole matter was top notch.

cant beleive how fast the price has gone up :( i had a buyer for my monitor, than he found my dell on amazon for $266 and backed out :(

If I get the one with display port; but don't use it for games will the colours be decent for photo and sharp for text or will I be sorry. I'm debating between this and the vp27. For games I can see how the vp27 would be better with lower input lag and no ghosting but for photo processing et all I'm not so sure it is worth the extra money. This is he oneI'm considering:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pix...3391?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4d0d7e00ff
-
It is a bit confsuing to me because some of them are labelled samsung pls and some of the crossover models are really expensive ($950); even the cheap crossover models are now $550.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Dear xxxxxx,

Hello. How are you today :D

Thank you so much for your purchase
Your tracking No. is below.
Tracking number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hope you will enjoy the product.
Thank you very much. Have a good day!

Warm regards

- dream-seller

:) X-Star Inbound

Just ordered. Ended up going with Dream-seller. Picked up a strong DVI cable. Going to wait until I get it to decide how I want to do the mount situation. Went with Matte also. Seems that everyone goes matte. Thanks for the thread I'll let you know how it goes. However it says ZIOTEC as the seller now but when I click it still says dream seller?

Last edited:
Okay, I caved and bought the Xstar Pixel Perfect version from Dream Seller. Should be quite the upgrade from my 5+ year old Lenovo 22" L220 monitor. Can't wait!

Do you think a 7950 would be enough to play BF4 reasonably or should I play it safe and go with a 7970?

Got my Pixel Perfect Qnix QX2710 Evo II (matte) yesterday, from ebay seller bigclothcraft. No dead pixels, very little backlight bleed and sitting now at 120Hz combined with an ICC profile so that it's not so dark. Best $350 I ever spent :D

Received QNIX qx2710 Evolution II, Pixel Perfect in Matte yesterday.

Right out of the box next to my 24" TN panel Samsung 300A, the sheer resolution and colour clarity were great and really puts the old TNs to shame for the price.

Tried three overclocks, 96hz, 110hz and finally 120hz - all modes work correctly without any noticeable degredation of image quality except for the brightness. Some minor adjustments to the colour profile have helped enourmously.

Next up is to remove the base stand and VESA mount it to a shiny new dual-arm mount. I'll get around to that today.

Bought from Green-Sum on Ebay, shipped to UK in 3 business days and product is flawless with no observable defects. Happy to see they hadn't switched out the bypass board to something else, although even if the display was locked to 60hz it would be hard to complain for the price and image quality.

Best upgrade in a while :)

pictures of your 120hz proof running or it did not happen.

20sum4m.jpg

Okay, I caved and bought the Xstar Pixel Perfect version from Dream Seller. Should be quite the upgrade from my 5+ year old Lenovo 22" L220 monitor. Can't wait!

Do you think a 7950 would be enough to play BF4 reasonably or should I play it safe and go with a 7970?

uh atleast a 7970 :)

Dear xxxxxx,

Hello. How are you today :D

Thank you so much for your purchase
Your tracking No. is below.
Tracking number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hope you will enjoy the product.
Thank you very much. Have a good day!

Warm regards

- dream-seller

:) X-Star Inbound

How long after you ordered from dream seller did it take for him to send you the tracking number? And did he email it to ya or eBay message?

I ordered a few days ago and haven't heard anything from him. Dunno if it's odd or not.

How long after you ordered from dream seller did it take for him to send you the tracking number? And did he email it to ya or eBay message?

I ordered a few days ago and haven't heard anything from him. Dunno if it's odd or not.

Same here.

Can anyone confirm whether the brightness adjustment on the monitor actually adjusts backlight level, or if it just adjusts the digital white level as tftcentral found when they reviewed the Achieva Shimian?

Same here.

All communication was through ebay messaging (which in turn goes through my email). Dream-Seller was in very good communication the entire process. My order was placed on 9/26. There was a shortage of pixel perfect monitors so dream-seller informed me of the delays in my shipment. I received the tracking number on 10/4 again all through ebay messaging. Yesterday, 10/9 I received my monitor. I was blown away when I fired it up how good the colors looked and how much real estate the 1440 resolution provides. Not one dead pixel and no black light bleed. %100 satisfied.
edit: on a side note I am having some issues getting it to overclock. I followed the instructions per the oc.net guide exactly. May be due to my inexperience, I will attempt it again tonight but I was getting a little frustrated. Any advice would be great.

Last edited:
okay guys, i shit you not. I just got mine in. my xstar pixel perfect matte. NO dead pixels, no BLB, and im running at 130 Hz stable right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe i didnt get a POS. I ordered from dream-seller. Now im trying to correct the color because it gets a little darker when you OC. I am blown away!!

okay guys, i shit you not. I just got mine in. my xstar pixel perfect matte. NO dead pixels, no BLB, and im running at 130 Hz stable right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe i didnt get a POS. I ordered from dream-seller. Now im trying to correct the color because it gets a little darker when you OC. I am blown away!!

Nice dude, I am loving mine as well. What am I doing wrong with my OC!!!! I followed the OC.net guide but it still wont do it. I change it to 120hz and go to the site where it runs horizontal boxes to verify 120hz and it says around 50fps and says to close other tabs and programs. Am I just being an idiot or what? :( Is my old ass gfx card not able to run the fps so it can't output 120hz?

Edit: This is the site I'm referring to below (not my results just using the above posters example).
I just wish I could get the same results as you guys.
20sum4m.jpg

Last edited:
Nice dude, I am loving mine as well. What am I doing wrong with my OC!!!! I followed the OC.net guide but it still wont do it. I change it to 120hz and go to the site where it runs horizontal boxes to verify 120hz and it says around 50fps and says to close other tabs and programs. Am I just being an idiot or what? :( Is my old ass gfx card not able to run the fps so it can't output 120hz?

Edit: This is the site I'm referring to below (not my results just using the above posters example).
I just wish I could get the same results as you guys.

Are you running a second monitor? I had to disable mine to get the testufo thing to work properly, and make sure you don't move the mouse.....also, are you using DVI-D?

Does Nvidia Control Panel confirm that you are running at 120Hz?

Are you running a second monitor? I had to disable mine to get the testufo thing to work properly, and make sure you don't move the mouse.....also, are you using DVI-D?

Does Nvidia Control Panel confirm that you are running at 120Hz?

Yeah I am running 2 monitors, nvidia cp says 120hz. But then I restart it and just a black screen. I will try unplugging my 2nd monitor and I didn't know about not moving the mouse. I will try later tonight, thanks a ton for your insight Camberwell.

Yeah I am running 2 monitors, nvidia cp says 120hz. But then I restart it and just a black screen. I will try unplugging my 2nd monitor and I didn't know about not moving the mouse. I will try later tonight, thanks a ton for your insight Camberwell.

No problem! If you get a black screen when you reboot, it may be that you need to adjust the timings. Did you use CRU? On the OCN forum for these monitors, search for "front porch" and you should find someother peoples' timings. It may just be that your monitor can't reach 120Hz, every panel is different, you might have to settle for 110Hz or 100Hz or even 96Hz. When I get home I'll PM you my timings to try....

All communication was through ebay messaging (which in turn goes through my email). Dream-Seller was in very good communication the entire process. My order was placed on 9/26. There was a shortage of pixel perfect monitors so dream-seller informed me of the delays in my shipment. I received the tracking number on 10/4 again all through ebay messaging. Yesterday, 10/9 I received my monitor. I was blown away when I fired it up how good the colors looked and how much real estate the 1440 resolution provides. Not one dead pixel and no black light bleed. %100 satisfied.
edit: on a side note I am having some issues getting it to overclock. I followed the instructions per the oc.net guide exactly. May be due to my inexperience, I will attempt it again tonight but I was getting a little frustrated. Any advice would be great.

Thanks, awesome you're happy with your monitor. If you get your OC straightened out post up.. since a few of us are right behind you and might have the same trouble.

Just got my tracking # from Dream Seller (ordered the 7th). Fedex says it'll be here Tuesday. :D

so now my question is, which color profile to use? I had my monitor at 130Hz but I got some random line of pink in games occasionally.. so i put it down to 120Hz and its perfect. tested it all day long. so Im just going to keep it at 120Hz, that was my desired goal anyways. anyone have a good color profile for 120Hz on the x-star? I found some posted here but too many to choose from. I am running the asus one. Seem fine but didn't know if i missed something. You guys have got to try borderlands 2 @ 1440 @ 120Hz. amazing!

Im playing terraria right now.. lol $1K graphics card to play a 2D game. lol btw, I have a GTX titan for those who were interested and I'm only using 1 X-Star with the cable provided. Let me know!

537211_10151885194630801_648592890_n.jpg

Is a third party DVI-D cable mandatory or is the included one sufficient?

And if so, please explain the specifics.

Is a third party DVI-D cable mandatory or is the included one sufficient?

And if so, please explain the specifics.

I used the one that came with the x-star. from what i read a 3rd party from mono price helps other korean monitors like the catleap and tempest but not the qnix or xstar. hope that helps!

To the owners here, how is the picture quality compared for example to other IPS panels not from Korea? Are they equal or worse?

I can imagine since you have to calibrate colours on your own if you OC to 120hz that they are not that optimal?
How is the picture quality if you stay at 60hz compared to 120hz?

Furthermore, 1440p @120hz just cries for CF or SLI, a single card is just not sufficient, unless you play on low settings or like 30 fps gaming on max settings.

what is the benefit of 120hz if you cannot use it if you are on a single card?
if someone wants 120hz, wouldnt it be just better to get the BenQ XL2420T?

Last edited:
Just got mine. QNIX matte 27 from Dream Seller. Was supposed to arrive a week from today, but came today. Ordered on a monday. Is in perfect condition despite what I think is one dead pixel that is almost impossible to see unless your on a total white background.

Otherwise I am struggling with getting my resolution advanced settings to get abouve 60hz. I tried using the overlocking applications and still no luck. It just doesn't show up. I think I may have to re install my geforce drivers or something.

Ok got the software working, started flickering like crazy at 120 so I have it at 96hz right now. Running very nicely.

To the owners here, how is the picture quality compared for example to other IPS panels not from Korea? Are they equal or worse?

I can imagine since you have to calibrate colours on your own if you OC to 120hz that they are not that optimal?
How is the picture quality if you stay at 60hz compared to 120hz?

Furthermore, 1440p @120hz just cries for CF or SLI, a single card is just not sufficient, unless you play on low settings or like 30 fps gaming on max settings.

what is the benefit of 120hz if you cannot use it if you are on a single card?
if someone wants 120hz, wouldnt it be just better to get the BenQ XL2420T?

Picture quality is great at 60Hz, and if you search online you will find color profiles from other owners that compensate for the color shift @ 120Hz so the quality remains great.

I am on a single GTX 680 and it runs all my games just fine on high settings (vs on ultra) and I get anything from 60 - 100+ fps depending on the game, although if you insist on maxing out all the eye candy then yes CF or SLI definitely helps.

Bear in mind though, like oc'ing any hardware, not every panel is the equal so there is no guarantee that you will reach 120Hz, many owners report that they can only do 96Hz or 100Hz. Having said that, games still benefit from extra smoothness at anything over 60Hz, and you have the added bonus of 1440p at the same price as a 1080p 120Hz monitor.

You could go the BenQ/Asus 120Hz route but the color shift at 120Hz is much harder to compensate for and does not look anywhere near as nice. Just my $0.02....

Ok got the software working, started flickering like crazy at 120 so I have it at 96hz right now. Running very nicely.

If you search online there are forums like OCN where other owners list their adjusted timings which make the oc more stable, so you may be able to get higher than 96Hz....

Getting closer, can't seem to get 120hrz. It was my secondary monitor not allowing higher clocks for some reason. I will keep trying thanks for the help everyone.

toQgU.jpg

very happy with my two 27" korean monitors from dream seller.

My only issue (and its small) I run 7970's crossfire to power the gaming I do on the main monitor. Being DVI, if I want to use crossfire I have to have both monitors plugged into the "main" GPU. Well my 7970 has on DVD-D out, and the others are HDMI/DisplayPort.

I have an HDMI-> DVI converter dongle, and basically I've found out that the max I can push through it is 2560x1440p but only at 60Hz.

Basically -- my 2nd monitor can only run at 60hz despite the panel being good for 96Hz. *sad* The only solution I see would be to upgrade to a single card R9 290x that has two DVI connectors on a single card. (which would be a pointless upgrade for me as I'd be reducing my total GPU power and spending a HELLUVA lotta money.

very happy with my two 27" korean monitors from dream seller.

My only issue (and its small) I run 7970's crossfire to power the gaming I do on the main monitor. Being DVI, if I want to use crossfire I have to have both monitors plugged into the "main" GPU. Well my 7970 has on DVD-D out, and the others are HDMI/DisplayPort.

I have an HDMI-> DVI converter dongle, and basically I've found out that the max I can push through it is 2560x1440p but only at 60Hz.

Basically -- my 2nd monitor can only run at 60hz despite the panel being good for 96Hz. *sad* The only solution I see would be to upgrade to a single card R9 290x that has two DVI connectors on a single card. (which would be a pointless upgrade for me as I'd be reducing my total GPU power and spending a HELLUVA lotta money.

I believe an alternate solution would be to get an active DP->DL-DVI converter since DP has the bandwidth to push 2560x1440 at higher than 60Hz

Read the first few pages of this thread and the last. This looks like a really awesome, fun monitor to play with and I'm considering it seriously for my next build.

However, I'm wondering why everybody is buying off ebay? Is this not the monitor here: http://www.amazon.com/X-Star-DP2710-LED-2560x1440-DVI-Dual/dp/B00CB8RQ2Y

If I'm totally missing something, please don't hesitate to point it out to me!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks Camberwell.

So basically the screen/colours are better on the Korean IPS/PLS screens than on benq/asus 120hz TN panel?

Thanks Camberwell.

So basically the screen/colours are better on the Korean IPS/PLS screens than on benq/asus 120hz TN panel?

I don't think there are any monitors in existance which has worse colors than current 120/144Hz monitors. I owned the asus one and omg, everything looked like it was washed with bleached no mattter how much I played with color,brightness and contrast.

just got my pixel perfect from red-cap last night, ordered it on Wednesday evening(10/9)

ran through a browser pixel test quickly and found no dead pixels so far

so now my question is, which color profile to use? I had my monitor at 130Hz but I got some random line of pink in games occasionally.. so i put it down to 120Hz and its perfect. tested it all day long. so Im just going to keep it at 120Hz, that was my desired goal anyways. anyone have a good color profile for 120Hz on the x-star? I found some posted here but too many to choose from. I am running the asus one. Seem fine but didn't know if i missed something. You guys have got to try borderlands 2 @ 1440 @ 120Hz. amazing!

Im playing terraria right now.. lol $1K graphics card to play a 2D game. lol btw, I have a GTX titan for those who were interested and I'm only using 1 X-Star with the cable provided. Let me know!

nice. how do you like the carbide air case? I am drooling after one, thinking about selling the thor I have laying around to fund one

Back