27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 impressions

Are you guys picking up squaretrade warranty's with these? Just curious

I'm not. I just bit on a pair of the Qnix 27's before prices start to climb. They've already gone up $15 - $20 since last week. Koreans and their resellers are getting wise to the OC community coveting their goods. I just plopped $300 per for my 2 units. I was going to go with a 30", but for the price of two 27's plus the overclock potential, better color gamut, and LED panels, I couldn't pass it up.

Maybe later when the 30" panels get better, I will bite, but I think this will suffice.

Hm, I've blacklight bleeding in the upper right corner and lower left corner.

What's the best way to correct it? Should I even correct it or send it back? I can't see any dead pixels and it seems to clock very well.

Yeah me too...Upper right and two smaller spots middle bottom. Better than dead pixels imo but still kinda sucks. I have lessened the intensity by raising the display as well as tilting forward straight (which would do anyway). Apparently opening it up and tweaking the metal frame can fix the bleed. More info at OCN.

Definitely tempted...especially if I can score a 35% off coupon like others have.

I pulled the trigger and just ordered a pixel perfect from Green-Sum for $334. He said it would be random if I got glossy or matte, but I sent him a request for glossy. For those with matte screens is it very thick? I've never liked matte screens, as my old Samsung seemed to have a layer of wax on it.

Here's hoping I don't have to take it apart to fix light bleed this weekend. I will also probably get the warranty after it arrives. Man this is going to have me a nervous wreck this week, and I hope I'm not really fucking up here.

Confirmation on stand removal?

I think the stand has to be removed when the cover comes off. Not sure yet, but I will be removing mine that way. Plus it will give me the opportunity to look a the guts and do some secondary mods, like the electrical tape mod and the screen movement mod.

Yes. Let's be realistic , if something happens cross shipping to South Korea would be an awfully expensive experience. As I've said before these are all a risk (these lower grade panels) so anything that lessens the risk is a good thing.

Most extended warranties are merely piece of mind though on the other hand and I would imagine if you looked the figures of people who've actually had to use them is a pretty small percentage otherwise I would imagine the insurance business as a whole wouldn't be thriving the way it is (I mean all around).

I recommend everyone who feels satisfied with this monitor and doesn't have lots of "play" money to buy a replacement if something happens , gets the extended warranty. Again piece of mind.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would love the monitor alone for some of my desktop needs. For gaming my concern isn't input lag as it seem fine for some here and that should be enough for me but non native resolution applications. Would playing things at 1080p or 720p be bad or possible at all?

Yeah, I just went to Monoprice and got those cables as well. I also bought a new dual stand since I'm taking the stock stand off.

Yup, I got a six-foot one.... thing's REALLY impressive, it's so thick it is almost its own device :p !

It is seriously MASSIVE. One night I was trying to get to my closet and this cord was just laid up in a coil on the ground and I stepped on it and thought I was stepping on a snake lol. Seriously scared the living shit out of me (I was half awake at the time) so funny little story there.

I grabbed the 6ft monoprice cable. Man shipping on the thing was more than the cable price, jesus. I also got the EVGA clock utility, and thanks to the guy that posted the link. I've been reading tutorials on overclocking, and the utility will make it loads faster.

I got tracking numbers from Green-Sum late last night, but nothing show sup yet. I'm hoping it arrives by Thursday, as I'll be out of town Friday and I'm thinking DHL requires signature. I hope it just gets passed off to UPS though. My UPS guy shows up late afternoons, and I never have to sign.

It is seriously MASSIVE. One night I was trying to get to my closet and this cord was just laid up in a coil on the ground and I stepped on it and thought I was stepping on a snake lol. Seriously scared the living shit out of me (I was half awake at the time) so funny little story there.

Haha, indeed :eek: .

I grabbed the 6ft monoprice cable. Man shipping on the thing was more than the cable price, jesus. I also got the EVGA clock utility, and thanks to the guy that posted the link. I've been reading tutorials on overclocking, and the utility will make it loads faster.

I got tracking numbers from Green-Sum late last night, but nothing show sup yet. I'm hoping it arrives by Thursday, as I'll be out of town Friday and I'm thinking DHL requires signature. I hope it just gets passed off to UPS though. My UPS guy shows up late afternoons, and I never have to sign.

I ordered mine yesterday and 24 hours later, BAM!! on my front door.

I ordered mine yesterday and 24 hours later, BAM!! on my front door.

It still blows my mind that you can ship something from South Korea this big (actually regardless of size) and get it in two days when you consider that South Korea is (from my location of course) 6800+ miles away just breaks my mind :eek:

This thread is turning out suspiciously like the Shimian/Catleap one. Having been burned on the 2C/2B fiasco I'd urge some caution.

This thread is turning out suspiciously like the Shimian/Catleap one. Having been burned on the 2C/2B fiasco I'd urge some caution.

Could you enlighten us folks who are ignorant to what you're talking about?

It still blows my mind that you can ship something from South Korea this big (actually regardless of size) and get it in two days when you consider that South Korea is (from my location of course) 6800+ miles away just breaks my mind :eek:

Sorry man, I was talking about the cables, not the monitors. I ordered those on Monday, but I still haven't seen those yet and I'm in San Diego. In fact, I still haven't seen a tracking number yet.

Sorry man, I was talking about the cables, not the monitors. I ordered those on Monday, but I still haven't seen those yet and I'm in San Diego. In fact, I still haven't seen a tracking number yet.

If its DHL you will just have to keep checking their tracking page for updates. If its UPS than you may not get the info until just right before they arrive.

Depends on the seller. My DHL information didn't update for about a day then after that it was updated constantly.

Those that got shipment from DHL did you have to sign for it? Particularly those that ordered from Green-Sum. I'm probably going to leave work a half day early so I don't miss it.

Could you enlighten us folks who are ignorant to what you're talking about?

He's talking about the original thread concerning the original Korean monitors (Shim/Catleap's). Why he's bothering to bring that up I do not know. It is well known that ALL of these Korean monitors carry a risk. If you don't know that going in then you haven't done ANY research at all and are totally at fault for ignorance sake. I highly recommend that if you wanna drop any bones on this panel that you do as much research as you feel comfortable doing.

Simply put these are lower grade panels that certain companies (like Apple) won't use because they have issues with dead pixels mostly (although the QX2170 is often shipped without any dead pixels to speak of). The PCB's are up to whoever buy's the panel and put's them in a bezel to sell on Ebay so that's a gamble. No one has had the QX2710 long enough to claim its longevity. But that's why there is a 3 year SquareTrade Warranty that is only $50 and completely covers this panel. If you are worried about longevity and do NOT buy the warranty than frankly you have no reason to whine if it dies prematurely.

You are getting a 1440p panel that can likely do 120hz and for only $317. You can buy right now a Catleap 2B for almost $800 and while they advertise 120hz , there is no guarantee that it will work at 120hz for you (I think they guarantee something like 96hz or less) the only difference between it and the Qnix is that both Catleap and Overlord (another provider , $600 per monitor) are IPS panels and the QX2710 is a PLS panel. From what I've seen the QX2710 has better contrast and the matte coating is light and non-aggressive as other matte coatings often seen on many monitors.

So if you want to come into the thread and whine (not you Liqq) about longevity then you can promptly go else where since I've just explained the basics and we don't need to turn this into a flame thread about past monitors.

This is an impressions thread on this monitor. NCX has started up a proper thread if you wish to go and lament of your experiences with previous Ebay Korean panels.

Those that got shipment from DHL did you have to sign for it? Particularly those that ordered from Green-Sum. I'm probably going to leave work a half day early so I don't miss it.

Hulustar sent mine DHL and I had to sign for it. General rule of thumb for anything delivered is that if its over $300+ you'll more than likely have to sign for it. However if you call DHL and provide them your tracking number you might be able to waive that in which case they may drop it off but will not be held responsible for what happens after they do so.

It is indeed amazing if you take a step back from modern tech and look at it.... The things we can do today would have been considered black magic just a hundred and fifty years ago or less. Tech is moving at an exponentially unprecedented pace, overall, more so than any time in recorded history. And yet, if you think about it.... Shipping a package 7000 miles in a day? That is considered mundane compared to many things we can do. Kind of amazing honestly.

No reason for anyone's panties to get twisted up. No offense or threadcrapping intended. I simply noted that this thread reminded me a great deal of the Shimian/Catleap thread, before the 2B overclockable board got silently replaced. Since 120Hz is the primary reason anyone would look at this monitor, the danger that QNIX monitors being built right now might be limited to 60Hz is perfectly relevant.

People like Liqq stand only to benefit from more information.

Yes you have to sign for it, or could do with DHL what someone mentioned above.

I purchased a Catleap from Green-Sum, and it shipped DHL.

No reason for anyone's panties to get twisted up. No offense or threadcrapping intended. I simply noted that this thread reminded me a great deal of the Shimian/Catleap thread, before the 2B overclockable board got silently replaced. Since 120Hz is the primary reason anyone would look at this monitor, the danger that QNIX monitors being built right now might be limited to 60Hz is perfectly relevant.

Not getting upset about it I just don't want this thread to turn into the crap shoot that became of that original thread Korean monitor thread.

Its been mentioned in this thread in the first few pages (by me in fact) that the CURRENT production allows for overclocking and lots of people are seeing over 100+ hz and that if you want in on it you should make your decision soon or you will end up buying a newer version that might not overclock at all.

There are other reasons to be interested in this monitor as well such as you also might want this monitor because its a dirt cheap PLS panel and have zero interest in overclocking. Some people do not give a shit about overclocking their monitors at all and would rather just get one with superior PQ over all else. I've seen two other kinds of cheap Korean IPS 1440p monitors and they both had horrible contrast and a pretty strong IPS glow in their corners so just establishing other purposes of possible interest in this brand/model.

But right now the PCB has yet to be changed over because the stock isn't depleted .. yet. Either way this is the [H]ardforum , its implied that you are not a novice regarding threads like this and that you've done at least a little research on the kind of monitors that dwell in this price range via Google and your interest is more towards reliability and overall impressions from this monitor.

However if you (as the general reader) didn't want to bother surfing back to the first few pages , I've restated again that this monitor like all other cheap Korean monitors are a gamble and to buy at your own peril.

Just received my new QNIX 2710 from allkillsale. Box was a bit damaged upon arrival and the bottom of the bezel had a small scuff mark in it as a result, so i was very worried when i opened up the box. Thankfully, the contents were in tact and the screen appeared be free from physical blemishes. I checked for dead pixels and was unable to find any (score!). There was some BLB on the bottom / middle section of the monitor that is only visible during black scenes or during windows bootup. I used the cable that came with the monitor with no issues at 60hz on my 5830. I fired up CRU and patched my drivers to allow for overclocking.

I attempted to use 96 hz and the monitor gave an odd response that resulted in the shaking of the picture. I disabled the overclocking that i had enabled within the catalyst control center and that seemed to help some. Would a new DVI cable help solve this issue? Has anyone else run into this when overclocking their monitor?

I've already updated my ATI drivers and used the AMD patching utility... I can't try a different port on the card, as there is only one DVI port on the back of the card.

If its DHL you will just have to keep checking their tracking page for updates. If its UPS than you may not get the info until just right before they arrive.

Depends on the seller. My DHL information didn't update for about a day then after that it was updated constantly.

It's UPS, but I just got the tracking numbers last night, so no big deal and by the time I looked a they are already on their way. I will be getting them tomorrow afternoon, so that will be a nice thing to play with on the weekend.

Like I said earlier up thread. I wasn't even considering 27" korean panels, but rather the 30" panels, but after doing some research on the 30" I didn't want to spend that kind of money on them when for that same amount I could get two 27"'s that will have superior LED panels, better color gamut output, and overclock potentially to 120hz. That sealed the deal for me.

I just got mine set up about 30 minutes ago and it is absolutely perfect. Not one dead pixel, nor any backlight bleed. There is also no noticeable play in the bezel at all. Mine really did pass some quality control. I am going to remove the base next week as I don't like my screens sitting at an angle. I'm still waiting on my Monoprice cable before I try to overclock it, but so far I'm 100% happy.

My screen came from Green-Sum it was a perfect pixel $334 glossy. Order placed late Monday, and arrived in Alabama on Thursday.

I attempted to use 96 hz and the monitor gave an odd response that resulted in the shaking of the picture. I disabled the overclocking that i had enabled within the catalyst control center and that seemed to help some. Would a new DVI cable help solve this issue? Has anyone else run into this when overclocking their monitor?

Not sure if a new cable would help. I am also using the supplied cable, and I am running mine at 100hz just fine (can't go past it since there is no driver patching for linux). Did every frequency below 96hz work fine?

120 hz working great here...I couldn't be happier with this setup at all. No dead pixels, light bleed and it goes to 120hz perfectly. Now time to get the Square Trade warranty, lol.

Got my X-star DP2710 Matte from bigclothcraft in... in short, I love it.

Edited excerpt from ocn post:

GoldenTiger said:
So my panel came in, it has minimal panel rocking at the very top left and right.... minimal backlight bleeding... no dead pixels that I was able to find using the test color images. However, I'm trying to OC it and a little confused. (EDIT: Turns out it's because of my using a 9600 GSO until the GTX 780 comes. That old a card won't be patchable to 400mhz+ clock with ToastyX's stuff.) I initially added a 96hz resolution which I have verified is working and definitely makes text sharper when dragging windows around/etc. However, I tried removing the 96hz resolution and then sticking a 120hz to test, rebooted, and it's still stuck on 96hz. If I try applying a custom 120hz resolution with the Test button in the nVidia control panel, it just says "your monitor doesn't support this resolution". I want to shoot for 120...

Otherwise it seems I ended up with an excellent panel (bigclothcraft, ordered 5/4 for 300 shipped and arrived today, matte coating.. speaking of which, the coating is very nice, eliminates glare but isn't causing the grainy sparkly effect my other matte panels had)! I'm using the Asus PB278Q v3.icc from tftcentral as my color profile and it fits the best. I'm very pleased.

Several hours later now and 96hz even is a good thing(tm), really liking it and the panel in general. I just can't wait to have a good video card back in my rig once the GTX 7-series launches to really take advantage of it :D. Also looking forward to seeing if I can hit 120hz once I have a card again that can try... I sold my GTX 670 the other day and already shipped it out.

Looking through this thread, I was wondering:

1) Has anyone received a monitor that is NOT capable of running at least 96hz yet? (assuming you have the right video card)

2) Does this monitor scale 1280 x 720? (and can it do 720p at over 60hz)?

Looking through this thread, I was wondering:

1) Has anyone received a monitor that is NOT capable of running at least 96hz yet? (assuming you have the right video card)

2) Does this monitor scale 1280 x 720? (and can it do 720p at over 60hz)?

1) Not that's been reported here or on OCN yet.

2) No, it has no scalar. Your video card can scale however.

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping that the exactly 2:1 scaling (in each dimension) from 1280 x 720 -> 2560 x 1440 would work even without a "real" scaler, but I guess not. Not a big deal, I'm not sure that I would ever really connect this to anything other than my PC.

Back