27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 impressions

I've heard that if you stand on some of the Alaskan islands you can see the future of Russia :)

I did not expect it to work in reverse and get me a monitor yesterday. Weird experience. That said I don't have it yet I don't think. Maybe it's already set up. Damn. No I still have to wait ;)

I think that is the most appropriate response.

It's true. They've gone up. I paid just under 400 :(

Edit: And worth every penny o_O

IMG_0233_zpsf76f327a.jpg~original

Very little (almost no) glow but not as good dark details as I'm used to. Need to calibrate, though. The black is better than I expected. The entire display is better than I expected. Paid the extra money for pixel perfect and it is. 100%
Heh, The "glow" was the glare off my lacquered desk. This is a glow free unit.

Edit 2: Meh, there's a little tiny bit of glow but it's not noticeable except on that picture and then it just like the coating is a little more aggressive in that corner to me on a black screen. Not silver glow but the camera finds it.

Last edited:
I haven't posted in here in an age but just got one of these from a guy on CL. Pretty dang good although I wish I had noted the small scratch/ding in it before I forked over my cash. I don't notice it most of the time anyways so no big deal. At any rate, I can't get it to overclock at all, this is the type with just the DVI-D input and I'm using the cable it came with. Rather than artifacts or anything else, if I use CRU to change the refresh rate to anything over 60, when I select the higher refresh rate in Windows I just get a black screen until the 15 seconds passes and its back to 60hz and displaying something.

Just out of curiosity, could this be a cable thing or is it purely something on the video card driver/cru settings side?

IMG_0233_zpsf76f327a.jpg~original

Very little (almost no) glow but not as good dark details as I'm used to. Need to calibrate, though. The black is better than I expected. The entire display is better than I expected. Paid the extra money for pixel perfect and it is. 100%

Edit 2: Meh, there's a little tiny bit of glow but it's not noticeable except on that picture and then it just like the coating is a little more aggressive in that corner to me on a black screen. Not silver glow but the camera finds it.

which seller sold you that Qnix?

and report the OC results.

which seller sold you that Qnix?

and report the OC results.

Was from Ecomade Arena on Amazon. If you go that route make sure to click the bubble for "expedited shipping", which is a free option but the default is 10-15 bus days. No lie I ordered this puppy on Monday night like midnight, got confirm email asking to make sure I had proper video card almost immediately, and picked it up Wed. morning. I ordered from him once before and cancelled so maybe that's why they hurried, though. :D

The cable that came with the unit sucks. I had one already that does 96Hz (checked for dropped frames just in case but you can tell it works pretty much right away, motion is smoothed slightly) but 110Hz gets 1 horizontal line that appears... 108 is fine for now. The included cable worked at 96Hz until something exciting was going on and then it would artifact. Seems like the fatter the little barbells at both ends are, the better.

I don't know if Ecomade Arena is the safest route to go or not, necessarily--but A-Z isn't the worst guarantee ever. I asked them specifically about paying more for a glow free unit and the answer was that no better possible unit was available than pixel perfect ($398 w shipping iirc). I found it interesting that "Ecomade Arena" is listed as the manufacturer for all Qnix/Crossover/Yamakasi/Green monitors sold on Newegg: link. So, I figured I would give it a shot. I suspect ordering from the sellers on Newegg would produce similar results because Newegg has done a bunch of these and they do return shipping if something is wrong with the unit. I liked how neither etailer's Korean monitor listings have the stipulation about "you can't return this for backlight bleeding". A pixel policy makes sense to me, but a subjective backlight bleed policy doesn't.

Edit: I can't go higher than 96Hz without issues. It's not a Lightboost display, but it'll do. Obviously it ghosts less than my FG2421 did (we still have one but I sent the other back for just being a weird expensive 1080p diplay) I've been making too big a deal out of 120Hz strobing for light gaming. It will be nice to have on IPS and higher quality AMVA panels in 1440p + in like 2-3 years or whatever, though. I'm not sorry I didn't go for the Catleap--that seems like a cheaper housing even for the extra 24Hz. I was afraid the Qnix would look cheap but it's actually classy in low light aside from the bleepin' glossy bezel on the front... why? I don't know, I might try a catleap OC 2B if I can find one stateside. Sorry for the long winded reply.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I actually wanted matte (they say matte but it's semi-glossy). I think tempered glass removal seems pretty easy but it's glossy underneath. Couldn't you order a bunch of tempered glass units, remove the glass and sell them as expensive glossies? I heard they stopped selling glossy because they were scratching.

Also I notice there are ZERO auctions for pixel perfect temp glass. People say pixel perfect is a lie, but they are at least batching them, and the one I got off Amazon had clearly been tested, box was retaped and packed very well, and the sheet that goes on the screen was removed completely. Someone definitely gave it a once over, unless it was a return... but I doubt it was a return.

Last edited:
Heh, apparently I want to try a Catleap out so bad that my split personality decided to "accidentally" scratch the Qnix while I was cleaning my keyboard this morning. The K70 is slightly heavy and I should have disconnected it before shaking it out. One side of the board slipped from my hand and the sharp edge of the rear rizer put a 1mm scratch in the damn coating. It's pretty light but it can be seen on a white background. Can these be dematted Vega style with the towels and crap?

Edit: Scratch that (pun intended). Catleap is an IPS and expensive. Qnix is a PLS. Not a good deal. I like the Qnix so much I ordered another "Ultimate Perfect Pixel" from Gmarketmall on eBay. The Paypal payment went to BCC Korea. o_O Guess this is the headquarters account? They have 100% feedback so far! (only 188 sales though and mostly snail cream). Nice to have a backup monitor anyway, I'll probably send this one to Vega when he's available to have the film removed.

Last edited:
Heh, apparently I want to try a Catleap out so bad that my split personality decided to "accidentally" scratch the Qnix while I was cleaning my keyboard this morning. The K70 is slightly heavy and I should have disconnected it before shaking it out. One side of the board slipped from my hand and the sharp edge of the rear rizer put a 1mm scratch in the damn coating. It's pretty light but it can be seen on a white background. Can these be dematted Vega style with the towels and crap?

Edit: Scratch that (pun intended). Catleap is an IPS and expensive. Qnix is a PLS. Not a good deal. I like the Qnix so much I ordered another "Ultimate Perfect Pixel" from Gmarketmall on eBay. The Paypal payment went to BCC Korea. o_O Guess this is the headquarters account? They have 100% feedback so far! (only 188 sales though and mostly snail cream). Nice to have a backup monitor anyway, I'll probably send this one to Vega when he's available to have the film removed.

i don't think anyone has tried. would be very nice to know about that.

i don't think anyone has tried. would be very nice to know about that.

Considering Vega has some pictures of de-filmed Catleaps, I'm almost positive the Qnix film can be removed. I don't have a good place to store the project while it's soaking and I'd mess it up anyway so I'm not even going to bother unless he's available. The scratch is so slight, it's kind of lucky. I can tell it's really only to the coat because it turns transparent if you look from a certain angle. From dead on it's harder to see than a dead pixel but it's a dark horizontal scratch and, well... I'm a nut about things like this. It actually doesn't bother me much but I have another Qnix otw and I want to see how this one turns out glossy since it seems to be glow free. If I move back... even 10 feet, the little bit of bleed I have is still there; so it can't be glow.

Edit: well Vega is going to be unavailable for some time. I'm considering doing some test runs with some old monitors I have lying around and see if I can do it correctly.

Last edited:
*important*
Have been struggling with windows 8 driver signature verification to get the Qnix.INF installed so that I can use the custom refresh rates in fullscreen games with vsync at 100Hz.

FINALLY fucking figured it out.

Everyone says: just disable driver signature verification from the startup settings. Easy peasy, except IT DOESN'T WORK IF YOU HAVE SECURE BOOT ENABLED.

In my UEFI I changed boot settings to compatibility mode and changed OS Type to Non-secure boot. Then I disabled driver verification and it let me install the damn driver.

I also re calibrated my Qnix (with NCX's advice) using a program called DISPCAL. The grayscale has been improved. Srgb coverage was right at 100%, which I found rather awesome. Still rocking 850:1 CR but the gamma is now noticeably less banded. Now happier with this display in general. Looking forward to facing off this Matte Qnix at 100Hz with the Catleap 2B (should get here Monday) and the Overlord Tempest Glossy. Interested to compare PCB performance and contrast. Will do a full write-up if I can maintain motivation.

Bought an X-Star (pixel perfect, Dream-seller was having a sale), which arrived this week. No dead pixels and a negligible bit of glow in the left corner.

Maybe related:
One of the sellers posted this in the overclock.net thread:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/...onitor-club-read-1st-post/17980#post_22183470

got the qx2710 for $270 for half a year now, 0 dead pixel, minimal lightbleeding....oc stable at 96hz. very satisfied :)

I'm looking at one of these models now and am a bit confused. Specifically, is there any variation in the panels used across the different models? I see three currently:

- the basic qx2710 with only dual-DVI input
- the "qx2710 Multi" with dual-DVI and HDMI
- the "qx2710 DPMulti True10" with dual-DVI, HDMI and Displayport

Are there any panel differences or other things I should be thinking about when choosing a model?

Also, is there any other "value" 1440p monitor I should be looking at that would compete/out do this one yet? I'm looking to use it as my primary PC monitor for gaming use.

Last edited:
I'm sure the panels are the same. From my googling the past few days, the basic model has the lowest input lag.
Between this and the HP ZR2740w at directron, I may end up ordering a qnix by the end of the day.

Only the single input models can overclock and the DP Multi True 10 uses LED PWM Dimming and has poor contrast. IDK if the regular multi uses PWM but I do know it lacks proper brightness controls. Turning down the brightness also cranks the gamma and causes severe black crush, which makes the brightness controls useless. Have to keep the monitors brightness cranked to avoid ruining the colors.

The Acer K272 is the matte (semi-glossy), multi-input monitor to buy since it is PWM free and quite good. Extra Hardware CZ Review (Use Google or Chrome to translate).

Cheers. So you would say go with the single input version or none at all. Or better, get the K272HUL instead?

What about the HP ZR2740w vs this one?

It depends on what you want to do. For PC-only use the single input Qnix/X-Star are the best semi-glossy (matte) options. The ZR2740W is good but has slow pixel response times for an AHVA/IPS/PLS panel and can't be overclocked which is important if one wants judder free media playback on their PC.

Hello,
I am looking to buy one of these basic qx2710 for gaming purposes and Iam in the states, does anyone know where I can buy one from? Thanks in advance

Just got an "ultimate pixel perfect" qx2710 (gauranteed to have no dead pixels and minimal bleed) for $330. Can't wait to get this sucker and see if it OCs.

My "ultimate pixel perfect" is indeed a perfect monitor and OCs fine to 120hz (which is a whole different world for gaming). One problem...the monitor just doesn't fit vertically in my desk by about 1/4" which is tragic as I absolutely can't change my desk. I think I was reading the measurements without the stand. This is utterly frustrating, but I think I need to return it. Argh!

Last edited:
Just got an "ultimate pixel perfect" qx2710 (gauranteed to have no dead pixels and minimal bleed) for $330. Can't wait to get this sucker and see if it OCs.

Who did you buy it from? Trying to figure out the best seller with the quickest shipping.

Who did you buy it from? Trying to figure out the best seller with the quickest shipping.

Got it from "storewithstory". Can't really report anything yet as I haven't recieved the monitor though... I do know the two questions I had recieved responses within an hour.

Ordered from ecomade arena on amazon. Shipping was super quick. Like they threw it in a time machine quick!
It looks awesome on my desk. It's certainly a huge step up from my old monitor. I will get back with a further review on Sunday.

Ordered from ecomade arena on amazon. Shipping was super quick. Like they threw it in a time machine quick!
It looks awesome on my desk. It's certainly a huge step up from my old monitor. I will get back with a further review on Sunday.

Waiting to hear your review.

It looks great so far. No dead pixels to report. Backlight bleed is minimal to non existent. I fired up some BF4 and had to turn down my settings to mostly medium/some high. No AA. I'm getting about 60-70fps with my 270x. It looks as good as ever. The extra resolution more than makes up for the turning down of some of the effects.

It looks great so far. No dead pixels to report. Backlight bleed is minimal to non existent. I fired up some BF4 and had to turn down my settings to mostly medium/some high. No AA. I'm getting about 60-70fps with my 270x. It looks as good as ever. The extra resolution more than makes up for the turning down of some of the effects.

Have you tried overclocking it? Do you have the date of production date (should be back of the monitor) or a code. I read that the newer version are of better build quality so I was looking for one of those.

Still not sure if I will buy one of these or if the price premium is worth getting the ROG Swift.

Bleeding was faint in the lower left corner. I'm with some work I could eliminate it, but it's not too bad.

Got it from "storewithstory". Can't really report anything yet as I haven't recieved the monitor though... I do know the two questions I had recieved responses within an hour.

My "ultimate pixel perfect" did indeed come with no dead pixels and OCS to 120hz. Unfortunately, it just doesn't fit by about 1/4" in my desk and I absolutely can't change my desk. Argh... I think I may need to return this or sell it. I almost want to forgo my desk entirely and just set up on the floor this display is so nice :(

What kind of desk are you running with quarter inch tolerances? :)

It's custom designed to fit in a window alcove we have in our apartment. I could probably make it work with some effort and money, but my wife really isn't a fan of the idea (nor was she very impressed with the size of the monitor once I had it :p). Unfortunately, mounting it isn't an option either since the desk has a backboard. Oh well... life is full of compromises. It's insult to injury that this thing looks like a great example (no dead pixels, minimal bleed, OCs etc.). I'm going to very sadly need to look into returning it or selling it today.

It's custom designed to fit in a window alcove we have in our apartment. I could probably make it work with some effort and money, but my wife really isn't a fan of the idea (nor was she very impressed with the size of the monitor once I had it :p). Unfortunately, mounting it isn't an option either since the desk has a backboard. Oh well... life is full of compromises. It's insult to injury that this thing looks like a great example (no dead pixels, minimal bleed, OCs etc.). I'm going to very sadly need to look into returning it or selling it today.

That sucks! I hate to say it, but you may end up having to pony up for a ROG Swift when it comes out later this month. The tiny bezels means that it is probably one of the few 27" screens that would fit in your space.

Back