27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 impressions

WOOHOO!, Dream Seller sent me a single link dvi cable, went to Frys and got a dual link, the monitor came to life, but had green vertical lines from the single link cable, after about 2 hours the lines went away and its working flawless! zero bad pixals and zero backlight bleed! awesome for $279! :D :D :D

Oh Damn it... Now I'm gonna have to give one of these a shot... batter UP!

Your expert advice is greatly appreciated

Green-Sum has sent in the following. Am not sure to exchange or keep it. The scratch (Line of dead pixels is there)

Just concerned that they might sent an even worse screen. The current one is good in terms of back light bleeding and dead pixels in other areas.

Seller's message:
"Ebay is informing the item return by buyer. However, if you want to return, we could proceed it with UPS. If you would cooperate, you don't need to pay the shipping cost. It could take 7~ 10 days. You could choose. 1) partial refund, no necessary take the time. 2) item return, it could take time. Please let us know it. Thank you. "

pv

_B9A9860.jpg

Last edited:
It's really quite simple though it depends on which GPU you have.

For nVidia, you can do it from within the nV Control Panel as follows:

1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel.
  2. Navigate to Display > Change Resolution > Customize.
  3. Check Enable resolutions not exposed by the display.
  4. Click Create Custom Resolution...
  5. Change value in Refresh rate (Hz) input box. (96 - 120)
  6. Click Test.
  7. If it passes, the monitor will show the normal output and ask if you want to save the custom resolution (I did have it say it passed 144Hz but it never saved it, so I wouldn't always rely on if it "passes" or not).
  8. Back under Change Resolution, make sure you select the new custom resolution and that the Refresh Rate in the drop down matches the refresh rate you just added.
For AMD, you need to use something like ToastyX's Custom Resolution Utility.
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/31526-overclocking-your-monitor-refresh-rate-amd-gpus/

That's all there is to it really. My X-Star went straight to 120Hz without problems. Though, I usually just use 96Hz.

Thanks for all the comments and the quick nvidia guide. I bought mine off amazon for a bit more but it came with a dvi-d cable and most importantly no dead pixels that I can see and 120hz. Im very happy with this monitor.

Just hooked mine up. LOVE IT!
BF4 seems like a new game. And I'm extremely surprised how much better WoW looks.

Hi

I've 2x HIS 7750 (crossfire), with outputs of HDMI, DP and DVI each. HIS website says the DVI connection is good up to 2560x1600 per display (Dual-link DVI). If I were to get two of these Qnix monitors, how would I hook them up?

First monitor to Card #1 DVI output? Second monitor to Card #2 DVI output?

Hi

I've 2x HIS 7750 (crossfire), with outputs of HDMI, DP and DVI each. HIS website says the DVI connection is good up to 2560x1600 per display (Dual-link DVI). If I were to get two of these Qnix monitors, how would I hook them up?

First monitor to Card #1 DVI output? Second monitor to Card #2 DVI output?

In crossfire all monitors must be plugged into the first card.

which version of the monitor did you get? GLOSSY, MATTE, or GLASS?

I'm actually not sure, haha. I'll need to check when I get home.

BF4 FPS dropped. I had to lower the settings to high from Ultra. Looks like my 670's are itchin for an upgrade :D

Just an update on macbook compatibility. I've been using this with my pc, but got a late 2013 macbook pro 13 inch retina for freelance work. I did tons of googling and it seemed the only way to make it work was to get a pricey apple mini to dual link adapter. I ended up trying out a blue rigger HDMI-DVI for the hell of it (like 7$ shipped with amazon prime), and works like a charm. Figured I'd spread that bit of info, since everywhere on the web people have issues with this.

Wait http://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-Speed-Adapter-Cable-Meters/dp/B004S4R5CK + an HDMI -> Displayport adapter worked?

EDIT: nvm. You have a MBPr

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Any of you have/had 670 SLI with this monitor? Notice a bit of a drop in FPS? thinking about picking up 2 780's..

Is it possible to use a squaretrade coupon code when adding the squaretrade warranty to one of these monitors?

edit: or is it even worth getting the warranty?

Last edited:
Is it possible to use a squaretrade coupon code when adding the squaretrade warranty to one of these monitors?

edit: or is it even worth getting the warranty?

I have heard of people using the coupon on other forums. As for the warranty, its up to you.

Any of you have/had 670 SLI with this monitor? Notice a bit of a drop in FPS? thinking about picking up 2 780's..

Running 2560x1400 takes some muscle depending on the game. I bought a 770 and just added another. Like you BF4 made me upgrade, even though I only play the SP.

Running 2560x1400 takes some muscle depending on the game. I bought a 770 and just added another. Like you BF4 made me upgrade, even though I only play the SP.

I noticed FPS drops in all my games but some were getting over 90 FPS so they only dropped to 70-80 FPS.

Battlefield on the other had dropped a significant amount. I just don't know if it's worth to upgrade for a game I don't play much of; but the longer I wait, the more my 670's become irrelevant. Meaning less $$$$$$ when I want to sell.

I noticed FPS drops in all my games but some were getting over 90 FPS so they only dropped to 70-80 FPS.

Battlefield on the other had dropped a significant amount. I just don't know if it's worth to upgrade for a game I don't play much of; but the longer I wait, the more my 670's become irrelevant. Meaning less $$$$$$ when I want to sell.

I also see drops in BF4 with my setup, could be a deal where it just runs better with AMD I guess. I do run vsync also, I really don't check my FPS much, only do it when I get new cards, if it looks smooth while playing, I am content.

I also see drops in BF4 with my setup, could be a deal where it just runs better with AMD I guess. I do run vsync also, I really don't check my FPS much, only do it when I get new cards, if it looks smooth while playing, I am content.

That's my problem, mine doesn't look smooth! lol.

I'll turn it back up to ultra and play with a few settings.

my friend got himself a 29" 21:9 monitor, and I'm now curious:
Did anyone try playing in 2560x1080, for the added FOV and lesser toll on the GPU? And would the Qnix overclock in that res?

Question regarding the QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll DPort, I'm sure my answer is in this forum somewhere however I can't seem to find it.

Does the QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll DPort have a built in scalier, if I were to connect my 360 to it via hdmi, would it work? I know connecting a 360 via dvi to a regular qx2710 does not work.
and does anyone know why the QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll DPort glossy is like $300 more the the Matte?

Last edited:
To add a second question to the pile how exactly does this stack up against the BenQ BL2710PT? Mainly I ask as the longer I look into these the more attractive they become especially at their current price.

UPDATE:

Got the QX2710 (matte, non-SE, DVI-only) in from S.Korea 4 days after placing order.

The backlight bleed looks ok, considering I already experienced that with a Dell U2311H. It has 5 lit pixels, which I can live with. It's plug and play, the HIS 7750 displays the BIOS screen fine, Windows auto detects the new resolution.

Good deal considering the USD ~$252 price.

Techno Pride: what are "lit" pixels?

I just got my QX2710 matte too (SE) 4 days after placing my order. It's an amazing monitor for the price and I prefer it over my glossy Crossover 27Q.

I overclocked it to 95Hz - its a dream to have

Techno Pride: what are "lit" pixels?

I just got my QX2710 matte too (SE) 4 days after placing my order. It's an amazing monitor for the price and I prefer it over my glossy Crossover 27Q.

I overclocked it to 95Hz - its a dream to have

http://www.flexcode.org/lcd2.html

On a black screen, 5 bright dots can be seen at the top 1/5 of the screen.

I left it at the default 60Hz. Don't see the point of overclocking the monitor for AMD 2x 7750 cards.

Ordered one on Tuesday, got this message yesterday:
"We have been having many trouble going through the monitor for Quality check due to so many orders.
I have returned many monitors to the manufacturer and will be getting restocked on Tuesday. Your time waiting for this delay is very much appreciated. "

I'm a little worried now that I'm going to get a low-quality panel...

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3775/10570519353_244ca70e3d_o.jpg

An image in NCX's review clearly showing the BenQ looking washed-out compared to the presumably glossy Qnix panel. :(

Hmm. Interesting but thankfully I don't often view my monitor from off angles.

Looking at other reviews as well they appear fairly close performance wise for most general applications gaming included as well with some give or take for each. I've also read that apparently the QNIX and X-Star displays are nearly identical, right down to coming off the same assembly lines with the same guts, just with a different bezel logo and a 'supposed' warranty on the QNIX with none offered on the X-Star. How accurate is that summation?

Ordered one on Tuesday, got this message yesterday:
"We have been having many trouble going through the monitor for Quality check due to so many orders.
I have returned many monitors to the manufacturer and will be getting restocked on Tuesday. Your time waiting for this delay is very much appreciated. "

I'm a little worried now that I'm going to get a low-quality panel...

Damn that sucks, hopefully not.

I thought my monitor was perfect until i did a test. On the blue, red and green screen I see very little back bleeding on the bottom left of the monitor, but you could hardly notice it and in gaming you can't notice it all.

now all they need is a super fast tn with a strobing backlight at 1440p and you'll be able to have a qnix for everything

There's a newer TRUE10 version of this monitor with A-HVA panel.

QX2710_TRUE10_1.jpg

Multi-input monitors can't overclock without dropping the additional frames which makes motion look jerky. The single-input QX2710 is popular because it can overclock.

Multi-input monitors can't overclock without dropping the additional frames which makes motion look jerky. The single-input QX2710 is popular because it can overclock.

Better to get over it and get a panel with DP.

DVI is going the way of the DoDo bird soon on everything but legacy hardware. And most of those guys who already bought DVI-only panels are already semi-regretting it due to DVI going bye-bye.

Why do you like it more than the glossy?

Better to get over it and get a panel with DP.

DVI is going the way of the DoDo bird soon on everything but legacy hardware. And most of those guys who already bought DVI-only panels are already semi-regretting it due to DVI going bye-bye.

/sarcasm or did you you forget to take your pills?

Last edited:
/sarcasm or did you you forgot to take your pills?

You do know that AMD, Intel, and LG, and a few others have been planning to take DVI out back and finally put a bullet in its head by at latest 2015...right? It has been in the works since 2010.

My bad, I didn't realize every single dl-dvi monitor owner in the world would be forced to replace their gpu's in 2015.

My bad, I didn't realize every single dl-dvi monitor owner in the world would be forced to replace their gpu's in 2015.

No worries, the Chinese will come out with some $10 adapter in 2015. Coming to an eBay or Dealextreme near you.

To add a second question to the pile how exactly does this stack up against the BenQ BL2710PT? Mainly I ask as the longer I look into these the more attractive they become especially at their current price.

There are some reports of poor panel uniformity, trapped dust specks and dead sub pixels in the BenQ thread. I've also read AUOptronics aren't known for their quality control.

Are these QNIX able to display Gigabyte UEFI BIOS's? I suspect not, just like the Hazro's that had no scaler.

Back