27" IPS 2560x1440 monitor~90hz <$400 FS

Thoughts?

I really don't want one with tempered glass. I hear of dust being stuck behind the glass.

330 is a sweet price! The Catleap I was looking at was 400 since it was a perfect pixel, but no dead pixels guaranteed and no glass.

If I get the 330 one Ill be glad i did if nothing is majorly wrong with it, but i'll kick myself if it has a dead pixel...

Double-check those perfect pixel policies. I know I have read of them 1) not covering STUCK pixels (only dead), which is going to annoy you probably more if it exists, and 2) if there is a dead pixel they just refund the policy price, not the entire purchase price :rolleyes:

Not saying that is the case with all the sellers, but I would do research before putting too much stock in those policies.

This is how our conversation went when i inquired about the monitors. I do not want tempered glass do to the dust/glare issue. (Is there any advantage to tempered glass?)

Me said:
Hi, I am interested in this monitor. Does it have a tempered glass cover or just the screen?

Seller said:
Hello
This is just screen.
About monitor with perfect pixel, manufactor don't make tempered glass.

Because, in progress of tempered glass, dust may put in.
Buyer may think dust as dead pixel.
So, manufactor don;t makes tempered glasses monitor with perfect pixel.
Thanks

Seems from that reply they are testing screens before and selecting better condition screens for the perfect pixel boxes?

After reading his reply I also asked about stuck pixels.

Me said:
Does perfect pixel also protect you from stuck pixels or just dead pixels?
Seller said:
Hello
Perfect pixel means pixel without deal pixel.
Thanks

So i'm guessing you still run the chance of a stuck pixel..

(Is there any advantage to tempered glass?)
Only as extra protection against hyperactive children, or in an office when you have annoying coworkers who point at the screen with their pen and leave ink marks.

The tempered glass is an additional 2nd layer which is glued onto the bezel and can be removed somewhat easily, leaving you with the original panel cover and a little bit of that rubbery glue which can be peeled off.

Tempered glass is more reflective than the standard panel cover, those annoyed by reflections may want to stay away from tempered glass.

Yeah im going to skip on the tempered glass than. No need to take the chance of having dust behind it

This is how our conversation went when i inquired about the monitors. I do not want tempered glass do to the dust/glare issue. (Is there any advantage to tempered glass?)

Seems from that reply they are testing screens before and selecting better condition screens for the perfect pixel boxes?

After reading his reply I also asked about stuck pixels.

So i'm guessing you still run the chance of a stuck pixel..

I doubt it. The Dell Ultrasharp policy covers bright pixels, and I think that this is simply a misunderstanding. There is no easy or quick way to test for dead pixels, while it is relatively easy to test for bright pixels. I've also seen the pictures that depict what a defective panel is, and all of them note that a perfect pixel one is supposed to be free from stuck (bright) pixels.

I doubt it. The Dell Ultrasharp policy covers bright pixels, and I think that this is simply a misunderstanding. There is no easy or quick way to test for dead pixels, while it is relatively easy to test for bright pixels. I've also seen the pictures that depict what a defective panel is, and all of them note that a perfect pixel one is supposed to be free from stuck (bright) pixels.

Awesome. If I could just track down 2b revision I would be set.

is it worth selling off 3 x 21" monitors to get this one monitor? i got the 3 monitors on arms and can move them around for eyefinity etc.

I'm selling off 3x 22" ultrasharps for one of these. I already have the 27" and I love it. Definitely worth it in my opinion. I used Eyefinity seldomly.

Thoughts?

I really don't want one with tempered glass. I hear of dust being stuck behind the glass.

330 is a sweet price! The Catleap I was looking at was 400 since it was a perfect pixel, but no dead pixels guaranteed and no glass.

If I get the 330 one Ill be glad i did if nothing is majorly wrong with it, but i'll kick myself if it has a dead pixel...

Here are my thoughts from a few pages back when I just hooked it up.
"Mine is hooked up and working flawlessly. I have a single dead pixel in the bottom left corner. I had to run a pixel test to even find it and over looked it for the first couple minutes. I am 100% happy with my purchase. Though my 23" next to it is now feeling a bit small. Had to turn it vertical to even fit in my hutch.

just giddy. truly feel like a kid sitting behind it. everytime i look at it i smile."

I still feel the exact same about it. Pr0n almost looks real. Real enough at least. If you are not happy with this monitor at $330 shipped you will likely never be happy. Even if you had an apple cinema. Those have basically the same setup as the shimian. Just tilt stand. Apple does have tempered glass. Only real difference is Apple uses an A+ version of this LG panel. Bleed is obviously better on the apple though. I only notice the bleed if I put a dark movie on and turn brightness up all the way. Other than that its fine.

I received my q270 se from bigclothcraft, no dead pixels but the left side of the screen is MUCH darker than the right side (the unevenness starts at the middle of the screen).

When making the purchase, bigclothcraft replies to email rather quickly(with hours). I emailed him yesterday morning asking about this uneven issue but still have not heard back from him yet... :(

I received my q270 se from bigclothcraft, no dead pixels but the left side of the screen is MUCH darker than the right side (the unevenness starts at the middle of the screen).

When making the purchase, bigclothcraft replies to email rather quickly(with hours). I emailed him yesterday morning asking about this uneven issue but still have not heard back from him yet... :(

well hopfully he gets back to you - just so you know; I purchased 1 of these 9ish hours ago and emailed me right away about a packing slip and have not heard from him either - so perhaps he's just busy/asleep.

sucks about your monitor you check over at overclock.net at their forum and look at their advice for different fixes on things? (not sure if it will help your issue or not)

well hopfully he gets back to you - just so you know; I purchased 1 of these 9ish hours ago and emailed me right away about a packing slip and have not heard from him either - so perhaps he's just busy/asleep.

sucks about your monitor you check over at overclock.net at their forum and look at their advice for different fixes on things? (not sure if it will help your issue or not)

Yea i looked at the catleap club thread over at oc.net, there seems to be a guide on how to fix this, but it's in russian. plus i have never solder before.

Well I finally bit the billed on the ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-Lite from Dc_Samsungmall.. I really wanted the crossover with the pivot stand, but at this point its a 80+ dollar premium & I dont think the stand is worth that.

which of these monitors are def vesa mountable? I have monitor arms i still want to use.
thnks

Got two on order for work :) They wanted dual monitors at the front desk, I wanted one of these and had dual 22" on a mount..... easy trade :D

Ordered the one that looks like an iPhone 3G lol

The other will prob go to my boss who has dual monitors too but looking to ditch them for more desk room.

I was under the impression that they all are.

They all are. BUT The Yamakasi Requires you to take the back off, and the panel to get @ some screws to take the stand bracket off... Its kinda nerve racking but i did it with no problems. took about 10 mins of carefulness.

They all are. BUT The Yamakasi Requires you to take the back off, and the panel to get @ some screws to take the stand bracket off... Its kinda nerve racking but i did it with no problems. took about 10 mins of carefulness.

I thought I read that the back of those pretty much always broke in shipping :)

Either way I think I am going to order a desk stand for the Achieva I ordered

No Dual-link GTX 480 is support by this monitor?:confused:

Im in the same boat. I asked the guy at OCN and he said we should be just fine.

Im getting one regardless. I'll be sure to let you know if it works or not.

I don't know why none of the sellers list this card as compatible???

I have an HD5570 which is listed as "unsupported" for these monitors, but it works perfectly fine, including BIOS. If your card supports DL DVI, this monitor should work in an OS that supports the resolution. All bets on BIOS or non-native res are off.

I have an HD5570 which is listed as "unsupported" for these monitors, but it works perfectly fine, including BIOS. If your card supports DL DVI, this monitor should work in an OS that supports the resolution. All bets on BIOS or non-native res are off.

What exactly do you mean? Will we have to use a separate monitor for our BIOS?

What exactly do you mean? Will we have to use a separate monitor for our BIOS?

Apparently some video cards in the "unsupported" section fail to display the BIOS (as well as any other video not sent at 2560x1440 resolution). I have not experienced this myself, but it seems to be a known issue with certain cards. Once the OS starts, video appears on the display.

Apparently some video cards in the "unsupported" section fail to display the BIOS (as well as any other video not sent at 2560x1440 resolution). I have not experienced this myself, but it seems to be a known issue with certain cards. Once the OS starts, video appears on the display.

interesting.....

interesting.....

My 5870 did this with my Catleap 2C. Just showed blank screen until Windows booted. A little annoying but whatever.

But we tried the Catleap on my old man's Mac Pro which also had a 5870 (Although Mac edition) and it worked fine. I ended up selling that to him and ordering 3 x Crossover 27Q's. We'll see if those play nice with the 5870 (I'm planning on upgrading to current gen anyways).

hmm.. discussion now eh.. I thought they didn't normally get moved here as long as it was still a live deal.

I cant remember if this was suggested, but to anyone who cannot see bios, try changing ports and see if that helps. I seem to vaguely remember something like that with one of my older monitors.

I cant remember if this was suggested, but to anyone who cannot see bios, try changing ports and see if that helps. I seem to vaguely remember something like that with one of my older monitors.

thats only applicable to nvidia cards.. & not even all of them. As these are DVI-D most people only have 1, though some nvidia cards have 2

Anyone know roughly the lowest price they will accept for the Achieva through "best offer"? Will they go lower if I buy 2? Would probably be willing to buy 2 at $300 a pop.

Some have reported sellers giving better discounts on 3+ displays, yes. As for what they'll take, that varies a lot.

Back