27" IPS 2560x1440 monitor~90hz <$400 FS

I dunno, I don't think I've ever seen an ad for NEC. Dell and HP sure - but they sell much more than just monitors too (I've never seen an ad specifically marketing their monitors). I don't deny that the operating costs are higher.... but I don't think it can possibly cost them 300%-400$ more than these Korean companies. Panels are both sourced from LG. I can't say that for sure without being able to see all of their books.. so it's a moot point I guess.

There are many reason Dell and HP might charge alot more. 1 they mostly sell to professionals so they need to make sure and guaranty color is to spec. Second most of them now have pretty liberal return policies and surely they eat the cost on a lot of panels with dead pixels. 3 they actually have to pay tarriffs, at least in the USA most of these ebay sellers are leaving that to the customer who never pays. When you sell a really low flow, high priced product, its often just not worth your time unless you can make a tidy profit. This is why cost seems to go up exponentially with items instead of linearly. Why does a GTX 580 cost $100 more than a 480? etc.. Remember they also sell to far less savvy tech users, so for them these higher end panels need to come loaded with all the automation, scalars, inputs, outputs and all so customers dont say why cant my monitor do some whacky resolution. Its like buying a caddilac and not getting leather you know. Most people who can afford to step out of 60 hz tn panels are not going to want to deal with all the compromises. So the end result is all those factors come together and ya I can easily see the price going to triple.

You might be thinking who cares about all that stuff, but trust me, anyone in this thread is probably pretty tech and LCD savvy. I know of a professor at U of M and he has the dell 30 inch hooked up to a mac and is running it at a non native resolution. Seems like a total waste but true story. I also know of a NEC 30 inch in a microscope facility at MSU that was running at non native res till I fixed it. These are the customers those companies need to deal with anything you plug in and setup just has to work.

Someone has posted these monitors on slickdeals. These freakin things have gone viral. I hope the demand doesn't drive prices sky high.

Well on another forum the point for getting them has really diminished in my view. The first of these to come out you could overclock them to 100hz now people are reporting the newer ones being shipped you can not ( 60 - 83hz ). Also it seems most of them are coming with some sort of dead pixels with a crappy dead pixel warranty. Yes its 27" IPS for $4** . I would rather get the BenQ 120hz 24" for the same price and have a better warranty. http://shop.benq.us/ProductDetail.aspx?id=347

You're comparing 1920 x 1080 TN to 2560 x 1440 IPS... the only advantage of the TN is the 120hz, and I can't sacrifice IPS or that resolution.

Well he's probably a gamer. I'd love to have an IPS, but not at the expense of getting owned in games. For doing photoshop, coding, papers, spreadsheets, music production. etc this is a fabulous deal. If you couldn't OC these for doing the latter it's the deal of the year in monitors. It's ridiculously good!

But for gaming it's pretty uneventful. Maybe one day we can have our cake and eat it too for gamers. Until then I'm just searching the net for a deal on a 27" 120Hz monitor. Stepping up to a 24" 120Hz monitor isn't much of an upgrade for me.

I've been gaming on a 3007WFP-HC for nearly 4 years now... only issue I have with gaming is some games are harder to run at 2560 x 1600 and keep 60fps.

Someone has posted these monitors on slickdeals. These freakin things have gone viral. I hope the demand doesn't drive prices sky high.

3 pages, and the OP (who I'm guessing is either an OCN/H member) is still trying to sell SD members on it haha. I wouldn't be concerned.

I hope SD peeps don't all jump in. I was holding out to order it until tonight.

The lack of 85/100hz catleaps kills the deal for a LOT of people.

Thank the OP. This should have stayed in the Display section of the forums. The more it gets spread around, the more likely it is to blow up, which it has done. Good luck getting a panel with no dead pixels without paying extra now. I'm betting that a large number of people from SD will pay the extra for panel inspection, and this will leave anyone that doesn't pay more likely to wind up with a panel that has stuck or dead pixels.

Some things should be kept close. Let's try and remember that next time OP.

Thank the OP. This should have stayed in the Display section of the forums. The more it gets spread around, the more likely it is to blow up, which it has done. Good luck getting a panel with no dead pixels without paying extra now. I'm betting that a large number of people from SD will pay the extra for panel inspection, and this will leave anyone that doesn't pay more likely to wind up with a panel that has stuck or dead pixels.

Some things should be kept close. Let's try and remember that next time OP.

I don't think he posted on SD. Wasn't it some guy from OCN?

Posting anything on SlickDeals is being a traitor to the internet. An offense that should be punishable by being sent back to AOL dialup.

Recieved mine today. I'm still at work will update later. Can't wait!!

Looks like SD post is gone.

I would love to get one of these, but I really want a 30". I've been using a 37" 1080p Westinghouse from about 3ft away for the past few years. Fantastic all around monitor, but I'm sure this high resolution IPS blows it away.

Well he's probably a gamer. I'd love to have an IPS, but not at the expense of getting owned in games.

I've owned a 3007WFP-HC (30" S-IPS) for ~3.5 years I think roughly now, and the only issue I've ever had is more GPU horsepower needed to keep things at 60fps full-time. The refresh rate has never been any issue whatsoever for me while gaming. While 120hz is probably nice per what I've read, I can't see it being A) that eventful in anything but complete top-tier tournaments-for-$100k type gaming, or B) worth the sacrifice in image quality etc. for normal work + quality of gaming for anything but high-stakes tournaments.

Just got my monitor. Absolutely pristine condition. No Dead Pixel's, no Broken plastic, no scratches. SOME minor Back Light bleed on bottom right. But other then that... flawless.

Monitor: Yamakasi Catleap
Seller: dcsamsungmall
Shipped: On monday. Recieved on wednesday
price: $372

Just got my monitor. Absolutely pristine condition. No Dead Pixel's, no Broken plastic, no scratches. SOME minor Back Light bleed on bottom right. But other then that... flawless.

Monitor: Yamakasi Catleap
Seller: dcsamsungmall
Shipped: On monday. Recieved on wednesday
price: $372

Have you tried OCing it yet?

Have you tried OCing it yet?

yes just tried. no luck. This is the Catleap SE version

Edit: I thought i fucked the monitor up by doing the test's because some lines were visible for a minute or two after i cranked the Hz. Im going to leave it be. Im happy with what i got. Not going to mess anything up

yes just tried. no luck. This is the Catleap SE version

Edit: I thought i fucked the monitor up by doing the test's because some lines were visible for a minute or two after i cranked the Hz. Im going to leave it be. Im happy with what i got. Not going to mess anything up
Check to see if you have the "2B" or "2C" version in your serial number. The older 2B mainboard revision is the one that clocks to 100hz.

But the newer 2C revision can overclock to 67hz using ToastyX's instructions. An 11-12% bump that won't completely stress the mainboard and still offer some results.

We're all still waiting for more Crossover Q27 results to materialize, that one is rumored to go up to 75hz but take that rumor with a huge grain of salt for now.

Check to see if you have the "2B" or "2C" version in your serial number. The older 2B mainboard revision is the one that clocks to 100hz.

But the newer 2C revision can overclock to 67hz using ToastyX's instructions. An 11-12% bump that won't completely stress the mainboard and still offer some results.

We're all still waiting for more Crossover Q27 results to materialize, that one is rumored to go up to 75hz but take that rumor with a huge grain of salt for now.

It says its capable of 75Hz, becuase it can do so at a lower res (the models with the scaler).

Anyone ordered from green-sum the last few days and haven't gotten their tracking. Its been two days now and I have no tracking. They sent me a message back saying I should have it soon but been a day nothing so far.

It says its capable of 75Hz, becuase it can do so at a lower res (the models with the scaler).

This is correct, my u2711 can do 75 hz @ 1152 x 864 and below.

Still though, keep your eyes peeled for results. There's a fourth contender, the PCBANK 3VIEW PB2700

Crap, that means I missed my chance to buy a more guaranteed monitor to hit ~100 hz. Correct?
Unfortunately you are right, they added a new revision mainboard on the Catleap. The original Rev 2B would hit 100hz, whereas the new Rev 2C mainboard hits 67hz.

Still though, keep your eyes peeled for results. There's a fourth contender, the PCBANK 3VIEW PB2700
I messaged 4 of the Ebay sellers asking them to stock the PCBank 3View, if a few more people inquire then maybe they'll begin selling them.

Here's a PCBANK 3View discussion thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1228729/better-27-ips-from-korea-pcbank-3view-pb2700/0_30

Why does everyone care about refresh rates so much?? Why is 100hz so much better than 60hz?

Basically, a sub-$400 27" IPS 2560x1440 monitor with no AG coating wasn't enough. They wanted a sub-$400 IPS 2560x1440 monitor with no AG coating that they could also play Battlefield 3 on.

Why does everyone care about refresh rates so much?? Why is 100hz so much better than 60hz?

Everyone has eyes but not everyone sees things the same.

For me, 60Hz looks fabulous and works fine. Others want more "smoothness" so they want the higher refresh rates.

If you use 60Hz and like it, no reason to worry about trying to lottery pick one that goes higher. Grab any of them and enjoy. At sub $400 these are a steal.

You can have my Achieva Shimian when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. :D

always had a 60hz monitor and never saw anything that I didn't like playing games. This is a steal, he needs to just give me a fucking tracking number already.

Basically, a sub-$400 27" IPS 2560x1440 monitor with no AG coating wasn't enough. They wanted a sub-$400 IPS 2560x1440 monitor with no AG coating that they could also play Battlefield 3 on.

I don't give a damn about battlefield 3. I guess that makes my reason even weaker, then.

Anyone ordered from green-sum the last few days and haven't gotten their tracking. Its been two days now and I have no tracking. They sent me a message back saying I should have it soon but been a day nothing so far.

Same here. Ordered from geen-sum on Monday and no tracking info.

People who ordered with dcsamsungmall have their monitors at their doorstep in as little as 48 hours. Kinda wish I had ordered through him now.

Same here. Ordered from geen-sum on Monday and no tracking info.

People who ordered with dcsamsungmall have their monitors at their doorstep in as little as 48 hours. Kinda wish I had ordered through him now.
Double same. Mine was ordered Sunday Night and its still not shipped. Starting to piss me off a bit. I guess there goes my fun for the weekend.

Using Vsync and without tearing, that is.

Well not exactly.

Even if your game is running at 500fps at 60hz, you're still only getting 60 frames per second displayed. If you are running at 100hz you get 100 frames per second displayed. It doesn't matter if your game is only getting 20fps, you're still getting 100 frames displayed. Except nothing is changing for a lot of those frames.

Double same. Mine was ordered Sunday Night and its still not shipped. Starting to piss me off a bit. I guess there goes my fun for the weekend.

Same here, but he did have the lowest price. I guess I can wait or he shipped them out already and hasn't updated tracking, he messaged me yesterday saying that I should have tracking today, if that doesn't happen. I might be pissed than, I don't like people not being honest, if he said tracking today than I should have it today. I might be asking for a refund if it doesn't ship this week.

Same here, but he did have the lowest price. I guess I can wait or he shipped them out already and hasn't updated tracking, he messaged me yesterday saying that I should have tracking today, if that doesn't happen. I might be pissed than, I don't like people not being honest, if he said tracking today than I should have it today. I might be asking for a refund if it doesn't ship this week.

Yea if it doesn't ship by Friday I'll probably ask for a refund.

Pretty lame to have your page say "more than 10 available" and "2-5 days shipping" and then turn around and tell people you're out of stock and "sorry for the delay." Would be nice if he even responded to my message at all.

Last edited:
I posted a few pages back about my order with green-sum and got blasted. I ordered it, emailed him a little over a day later looking for tracking and he told me it was being packed and I would have shipping info that day. Then he emailed me saying it was OOS and it would be two more days. I cancelled the order and ordered frome dcsamsungmall on the 13th, today it has already been through customs and has left Anchorage, Alaska. It is coming Fedex and shows the 19th as a delivery date, but at this rate I might get it Friday, either way, I had tracking info in less than 24 hours and it was actually shipped. I just think green-sum has too many orders to keep of with right now, but I still didn't like the idea of being told one thing and then another, kinda pissed me off. I am still waiting on the refund, but I used paypal, so if I do not see the refund tomorrow I will email him one last time and then file a claim if I don't see the refund within 24 hours.

Yea I just sent him an email about canceling my order. It seems that he is really selling more than he has. His feedback is pretty good and he seems to be really using it to his advantage. He told me last night that I should have tracking next day and 24 hours later i have nothing.

Forget that, I told him to cancel it, he has expedited shipping plastered all over his page and he has had two days to ship these out. Unless it is a one man operation this is inexcusable, he still says more that 10 available according to ebay listing. I think he is just banking right now, He has had 35 more orders after I bought mine.

Like I said, I messaged him last night about tracking info and he still hasn't gotten back to me. I want to send him another message telling him to cancel my order, but I'm kind of afraid to. What if he ignores that one, too?

I'm pretty new to Paypal and ebay so I'm not exactly sure how it works. I paid through my paypal account which is linked to my bank account....so I just send him a message stating I want him to cancel the order right?

But what I'm afraid of is him turning around and saying oh I already shipped your order, etc. So what I'm afraid of is....what happens if he refuses to refund me? Can I file a claim? Or am I shit outta luck because I paid with my bank account instead of a credit card?

Gaahhhh I don't know what to do. Would appreciate some insight from those of you with paypal/ebay experience.

Back