27" IPS 2560x1440 monitor~90hz <$400 FS

This is very tempting. Anyone know of a dual-monitor mount that would support two of these?

Hhrrrrmmm, really? I saw on a thread here that these displays don't work with 5870's anyways <.<

5870 has two DVI ports, one isnt dual DVI, so its most likely they just tested with the wron DVI port.

5870 has two DVI ports, one isnt dual DVI, so its most likely they just tested with the wron DVI port.

Some GPUs seem to have issues displaying DOS / BIOS level stuff with this display but work once you get in to Windows, so keep that in mind.

I can personally confirm the 880G integrated (Radeon 4250) and Radeon 6950 2GB work fine with the Acheiva Shimian at the BIOS level.

My Sapphire Vapor-X seems to have 2 x Dual-Link then, I hooked up my 2560x1600 3007 and 2560x1440 Q270 simultaneously.

Yet it doesn't work with the Catleap Q270 at the BIOS level. (Tried multiple cables, ports, everything).

So... I bit on the Catleap 27"... I figure WTF. I have some money stored away for my computer upgrades for the year ($1000). And All I will need is a GPU this year. So that should give me $600 or so dollars through out the year.

I'll be sure to post pictures with my DSLR when they come in. Here's best of luck, and my first IPS & 2560x1440 monitor.

Anyone try one of these on an i3 onboard graphics? The i3 does support dual-link, I played with a Dell 27" for a week before sending it back.

How about real-world power-use using a kill-a-watt?

Ugh, only way I can afford one right now is to sell my GTX-570, which I would need to push games at that res.

Which one, dead / stuck pixels?

I got the Achieva Shimian from dream seller, no tempered glass, no speakers..

No stuck or dead pixels. Slight backlight bleed.

Here are some shots of mine in my post at ocn.

Link

Well, thank you OP for sharing. If it wasn't for this post I woudn't have pulled the trigger for a new Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Multi. Enjoy your power :) . I will update my post with my experience once it arrives.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I wish it was a 16:10 screen, not a 16:9, because I was really interested in it but the ratio is a deal breaker for me.

I wish it was a 16:10 screen, not a 16:9, because I was really interested in it but the ratio is a deal breaker for me.

You are getting 1440 lines in this vs 1200 in a 24-26in 16:10, so you are still getting more screen real estate. Only thing thats better is the 30in 2560x1600 ones.

Anyone try one of these on an i3 onboard graphics? The i3 does support dual-link, I played with a Dell 27" for a week before sending it back.

How about real-world power-use using a kill-a-watt?

didn't work with my i5

I put in an offer of $300 for the Catleap. Doubt hell take it, but should get countered lower then the $370 they go for.

Yup, "red-cap". Offered $300, a few minutes later was countered at $365. Paid for it a minute ago, I hope I get a good one. I added in the message box asking if it was possible to have it opened and checked for defects or bad pixels before shipping.

Is the tempered glass edge to edge? If he can check for defects, I'd gladly pay the extra + extra for the tempered glass

Is the tempered glass edge to edge? If he can check for defects, I'd gladly pay the extra + extra for the tempered glass

Someone on OCN said he pulled back the glass a tiny bit and blew the dust out with a can of air.

Im not really sure what the benifit of tempered glass is though.

Well it might be more durable. Although I tend to avoid throwing stuff at my screens.

I was going to get the Crossover model, but Dream-Seller jacked up the price to 400$ and the stand still is not height adjustable. Also its not proven, Catleap on the other hand is proven and now 30$ cheaper. I finally pulled the trigger. So excited. Now I need to sell my 24inch Dell 2405 WFP and 20 inch Dell 2007 WFP. Both being pva type panels, I am looking forward to getting the LCD. I hope I can get it by Saturday for the weekend! ;)

Ugh, only way I can afford one right now is to sell my GTX-570, which I would need to push games at that res.

Aren't you an American? Just charge it and worry about the consequences later.

Unfortunately to appeal to the mass market I'll be first picking up the "full featured" model - all the inputs, working OSD, etc.

C

Which monitor are you bringing in and have you worked out the details of cost, warranty etc. yet? I'm interested in a few and wondering if I should wait for you to get them in.

Which monitor are you bringing in and have you worked out the details of cost, warranty etc. yet? I'm interested in a few and wondering if I should wait for you to get them in.

QH270-IPSMS. These aren't the "lite" model and have more electronics- the buttons actually work, so they'll be more expensive but won't be able to do the 90+hz. I'm aiming more towards people who appreciate color :) (RGB adjustments are important!)

Cost to you will probably be 450-550 (or possibly more, possible less. I can't know or commit to a price at this point- but the point is to have the monitors much cheaper than current offerings by, say, Dell). I'll calculate pricing after I get the shipment and check for DOAs and defects.

Warranty? I'll deal with all stateside, in California to be exact.
If there are particularly bad units I'll take them back myself(if I don't catch them before they go out!) and replace them. if it's cosmetic damage I'll probably have a scratch and dent sale. if it's more serious damage I'll deal with the logistics of returning them to the factory.

The wait? If you're in any sort of hurry I'd encourage you to buy them off ebay. It'll be cheaper and get to you faster. :)

I hope I'm not breaking any sort of rules by posting like this in the forum. I'm just a simple business student that knows how to get things done.

Craig

Isn't it somewhat disturbing these are cheaper than anything in the USA despite nearly $100 a pop in shipping costs?

Wondering if these are technically eIPS, not that it matters, just curious.

If you look at some of these sellers, they have half a million in inventory listed - they might all just be dropshipping from a distributor.

Aren't you an American? Just charge it and worry about the consequences later.

ROFL, seems too many people do indeed do that. I chuckled at the joke, however. :D

Isn't it somewhat disturbing these are cheaper than anything in the USA despite nearly $100 a pop in shipping costs?

Wondering if these are technically eIPS, not that it matters, just curious.

If you look at some of these sellers, they have half a million in inventory listed - they might all just be dropshipping from a distributor.

Panels are LG S-IPS "a-minus" grade per digging people have done.

Well, thank you OP for sharing. If it wasn't for this post I woudn't have pulled the trigger for a new Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Multi. Enjoy your power :) . I will update my post with my experience once it arrives.

Did you pay the full price $427.90 to dream seller or were you able to haggle down to $400?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back