27" 4K Monitor Windows 10 blurry problem

gokhyildiz

n00b
Hello everyone, have a nice day,
I was facing the same problem on 15.6 "1080p notebook screens. But I was taking care of it with the 15.6" dpi fix (http://windows10-dpi-fix.xpexplorer.com/) program. This time I have the same problem on a 27" 4k monitor, but I couldn't find a solution.
Any suggestions? Thank you.

In windows 10 you should only set DPI, for 27" 4k to 150% or 175% whichever you like more and it should be crisp (right click on desktop -> display settings -> scale and layout (change the size of text)) and make sure the monitor is set to it's recommended resolution (3840x2160 in your case), restart or logout if asked after changing those settings. You could also check ClearType settings (Fonts -> Adjust ClearType text) to make sure the blur is not from there. Other than that some old apps will still be blurry, just ditch those or find alternatives, personally I'm using 4k screens for the last 2 years (32 inch now) and don't have any apps that don't look crisp on Windows10. With multi monitor setups you need to repeat the settings for each monitor, if they use different DPI there might be problems when dragging things from one screen to the next.

Last edited:
Back