27" 2k monitor sale 189$ newegg flashsale

Yea I'm not sure what Newegg is doing ... their first link keeps redirecting so I found a second generic one on their page.

Second link is still a redirect.

flash.newegg.com / campaign /9997

Looks like you will have to manually type it in minus the spaces. Weird.

Last edited:
I found last night a few reddit and hardocp forum posts that stated people loved them 2560x1440 is the real non-gimmic resolution (Standard 2k) and they look good. only 60hz with 6.5ms but its ips and 2k. good for avg gamer (non hardcore fps) that doesnt do 144hz 1080p gaming only. they do have 1080p 144hz monitors for sale to. it looks like most websites pulled their stock and reviews a year ago or so when they went out of business but if you find forum posts it got alot of praise at 400$ and 600$.

Close to pulling the trigger on the 24" 144hz..

I don't like that 15% restocking fee though. As long as colors are decent, not a ton of backlight bleed and i'd keep it.. Hmmmm, price is spot on too.

damn, tempted to get the 27" 2k, 27" 3k, or 30" 16:10. Didn't know 16:10 could still be had new. Are these all LED backlit (edgelit)?

I bought two of the EQS 2560x1440 monitors a couple years ago from Microcenter. I had to buy replacement 24V power bricks for both, but other than that they have been fine.

damn, tempted to get the 27" 2k, 27" 3k, or 30" 16:10. Didn't know 16:10 could still be had new. Are these all LED backlit (edgelit)?

I read that they all say 3k and an odd resolution but with hdmi/display port they are all 2560x1440... its some trick they had specialized in with DVI . I read some posts that they did true resolution (making it up like 2700x1600 something slightly bigger) . It sounds like they were pretty good before bankruptcy. Also most of their displays are LG and not the ripoff "only work with one port on nvidia card" samsung knockoff monitors I often see on newegg or ebay.

I didnt check the 16:10 ratio... for the other 27" monitor but that may be a plus. Its hard to tell the difference between the 278c and 278w and what not models.

I read that they all say 3k and an odd resolution but with hdmi/display port they are all 2560x1440... its some trick they had specialized in with DVI . I read some posts that they did true resolution (making it up like 2700x1600 something slightly bigger) . It sounds like they were pretty good before bankruptcy. Also most of their displays are LG and not the ripoff "only work with one port on nvidia card" samsung knockoff monitors I often see on newegg or ebay.

I didnt check the 16:10 ratio... for the other 27" monitor but that may be a plus. Its hard to tell the difference between the 278c and 278w and what not models.

yeah I did a little googling. The 2k 27" can do 3k over dvi (but is native 2k), the "3k" 27" doesnt really explain. As far as I know there is no such thing as 3k native panels, so I doubt it is worth the extra $20. The 30" apparently was marketed as 3k, but was really 2560x1600 native and stretched 3k across it. Sounds awful lol, but most said as far as 30" LCDs go it was nice, minus IPS glow. Not sure I will jump this time.

I bought two of the EQS 2560x1440 monitors a couple years ago from Microcenter. I had to buy replacement 24V power bricks for both, but other than that they have been fine.

Same thing happened to me. Buyer beware, that power supply will die within a year or two. The pinout is not standard either so prepare to pay $50+ for a replacement IF you can find one or be comfortable modding your own.

Yeah, those are the replacements I got. These power bricks get really hot. The first one I bought cost like $70 but the price was down to $25 when I needed to buy the second one last month. The tip of the one they sent me in September was damaged and they sent me a replacement tip promptly. I could never get through to them on the phone but they responded to emails within a day.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I want the 30" simply because of it's size. IPS glow scares me though. I bit on the 24" 144hz however :D

I want the 30" simply because of it's size. IPS glow scares me though. I bit on the 24" 144hz however :D

I'm going back and forth on the 30 as well... My 30" hp is showing its age, but would make a nice secondary :D

Photo on the 24" looks like it has vesa mount capability but i cant gind it in specs. Anyone know for sure?

I had the original Auria EQ276W monitor. Lasted 3 years until the power brick died. No replacement power cords worked (including the ones mentioned above). Which means the main board itself died. I have the monitor in basement storage. Been meaning to buy a new main board from China eventually.

celwin the article/blog I read which had the link (both posted above) had a similar issue , sounds crazy. The guy soddered it all together and it was super hot. Probably better waiting for black friday. I would be happy to get 3 years from it.

My 27" EQS monitors have VESA mounts.

is a VESA mount the type for a sit/stand or monitor stand or is it also the same as the TV mount? (does it imply both?)

I'm debating on using my monitor down stairs or having some type of pull out wall mount in my bedroom since i practically live in there since we had a kid

Meh.

I have a 21" 1080p and don't really see how the picture could get any sharper. 24" 2k/4k monitors seem like placebos.

Bought the 1440p version since I mainly play non-FPS games. Pretty good deal for $180, cheaper than most Korean QNIX-type monitors. Will see how it does.

i picked one up, someone here is still using a 2005 dell monitor, hopefully this one will last as long wink wink

Picked up the 27" 1440p model, should go great with my 1080gtx. Thanks for the heads up OP!

EDIT - To those that own these do they come with a displayport cable or do I need to buy one?

Last edited:
just got my 2k 27" and so far it only does 1920x1080 so hopefully not a scam. reinstalling drivers and rebooting:(

UPDATE: box says 2k so was worried was shipped 1080p monitor. on hdmi so far it says it is 1920x1080 maybe need hdmi?

Last edited:
Back