27" 2560x1440 auria at microcenter

I picked up one of these the day before yesterday from my local Microcenter. (Dallas - they had 8 left FYI) Overall I'm very glad I did; no dead pixels, no observable backlight bleed, and the screen is indeed lovely. I have to admit though, I guess I was expecting the glossiness of the iMac version of this panel, and this screen definitely isn't glossy like that. Just a teeny nitpick, but don't expect it to look just like an iMac panel like I did.

Still 10+ new & 2 Open box at the MN location. The first time they got these in, they sold out in about 3 days when they had a stock of 20 or so units. I, like most users in this thread and the dedicated thread, love this monitor, and for the price think it's one of the best available on the market. :)

Just letting you guys know. This is a clone of the PCBank PB2700 Monitor. I know cuz I own it and EVERYTHING on this monitor is the same, sans logo.

If you are wondering how well it OC's don't expect to go past 65hz.

EDIT: aaaand I just realized I revived a dead thread. Sorry.

Hmmm but the PCbank comes with only dual link DVI while this is multi input. 300 vs 400 .... for 100 extra its not too bad if one gets without dead pixels.

Could a single EVGA GTX 570 1280 run two of these? Thinking 1 main for gaming and a second for additional stuff.

Hmmm but the PCbank comes with only dual link DVI while this is multi input. 300 vs 400 .... for 100 extra its not too bad if one gets without dead pixels.

Well in my case, Microcenter's customer service was willing to take the thing out of the box to check for dead or stuck pixels, which they did not find in the one I bought :D. In addition, there is a 30 day return policy so if I did find a problem within the next month, I can take it back. Finally I think this manufacturer has an office in the US so beyond the month, if there is something wrong, I think we can ship it within the US for repair/replacement.

I've had this monitor for a few months now, no dead or stuck pixels, and have been very happy with it. As noted in previous replies, the stand is terrible and should be removed immediately, but otherwise I couldn't be happier. I actually just hopped on microcenter.com trying to find another.. may stop by my local one to see if any more are in stock.

Oh lame, the Boston MC doesn't have any of the 2560x1440's, only a 1920x1080 27" Auria. I'd call them to see when they'd get some in, BUT THEY DON'T PICK UP THEIR PHONES. :mad:

Back