27" 144hz Freesync/Gsync monitor I can actually buy? Monitor shopping is rough..

LordJezo

Limp Gawd
I am looking through everyone's suggestions and see a lot of monitors but my issue is that everything is impossible to buy. Unless I am going through some eBay seller or getting it imported from China or Korea, I can't get it. With all the issues people have and reports of having to deal with returns and dead pixels, is there a main stream monitor out there I can get from a store with a good return policy?

I have a 1060 6gb card and just looking for a 27" monitor that supports either Freeync with Nvidia compatibility or Gsync, except those cost way too much. Budget is around $450 to $500.

I have seen suggestions like a Nixeus or older Acer monitors, but you can't actually buy any of them.

I didn't realize monitor shopping would be harder than buying a car. I am not a power gamer, I don't need to be a professional FPS player, I just want something that will let me play the games I do play look pretty (highly technical term there) and last me a few more upgrades. I dont care about 4:4:4 chroma or whatever or photo realistic color gamas, I just want to shoot me some bad guys or swim around in Subnautica and be able to sit back and say oooooooo. I have been using my same old monitor now for over a decade (11 years actually) and finally want something new, but it appears impossible to do so.

I feel like you must not be looking hard. I haven't done all the research, so other people can probably comment more, but there are sites that specialize in this stuff.
https://www.displayninja.com/best-gaming-monitor/
I'm sure some posters here will agree or disagree with some options. But you are feel free to look through and make your own assessments.

EDIT: Also, this site exists: https://www.144hzmonitors.com

The nixeus v2 (different stand, same everything else) is on amazon from an authorized seller (confirmed by nixeus rep) for $400.

144hz IPS, AUO so same lottery you go through with all of them. FWIW I own a EDG27 v1 and a PG279Q, the latter has a better stand but otherwise cannot tell them apart, won the lottery on both. $200 difference though, bought both during best sales (350 pre BF deal vs 550+game post BF deal)

It has the best freesync implementation with correctly done variable overdrive just like gsync.
It might be the only freesync monitor that does this, though other good models have at least one overdrive mode close enough for the 60~144hz ranges that you need a tester to notice.

The lottery game is what worries me about buying from a 3rd party or smaller seller what can you do? I'll end up paying $$ to return and restock because pixels are dead or backlight is broken. The sites listed below do feature reviews but tend to focus on the higher end more expensive models. Is there a way to just get a monitor that may be terrible on arrival, like one with a panel known to be working?

For the EDG v2 comment, where can that be bought?

Buying monitors is not an easy task!

Back