27" @1080p two feet not good, it should be 24" @1080p correct ?

Subzerok11

Gawd
I currently have a 27" 1080p monitor but sometimes it feels like I should have gone the with 24" @1080p. 1440p is ideal for 27" but the cost and I'd have to upgrade my system also was just to costly. I've heard that if you game at about 2 feet away from a 27"@1080p it's not a good ideal but at 3 feet is much better cause you don't see the pixels as much. Here's the thing though I do use a controller kinda often but not more than my k/m setup but still. When I do use my controller I have to back up about a foot then I'm at 3 feet approx from my monitor and it seem fine. But when I use my k/m I'm two feet away, I'm not sure but it seems like my eyes strain, but I'm not sure if it's my getting old or just tried sometimes, could it be just my monitor brightness is to high I have it set at 60% brightness but it seems fine to me. But I've read reviews for my monitor (it's in my sig by the way) and the reviewers have the brightness set at 20% with calibration which seems really dim to me.

The question is should I just get a 24" monitor and be at the perfect distance when using a k/m but the draw back will be the monitor might seem small when using a controller cause I have to sit a little further back.

I have a 27 inch at 1080p and sit about a 20 inches away. It's great. I wouldn't down grade to a 24 personally.

Get a Desk Mount or a Wall Mount if you can, you can save at least a few inches that way and a lot more depending on how far from the wall your desk is.

I'm not mounting anything I have the room on my desk, I like being 2 feet away from my monitor, I won't move the monitor back just for the sake it working out better. I'd rather just get the right monitor instead.

What I'm saying how do we know for sure it's the resolution that's causing my eyes to strain and not the size regardless the resolution, or maybe my brightness is to much. I just reduced the brightness by 10 so I'll how that works out. I'm not saying your wrong it could be the resolution but no one seems to know for sure. I guess I'll have to baby step it and try one thing at a time.

Isn't it possible even a 27" @1440p two feet away it' still would give a problem, do you really think eye strain would go away cause I bump up the resolution

This my monitor it has very good reviews, a top performer according to many for a non TN 60hz 1080p for a no frills monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014373

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_gw2760hs.htm

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/benq-gw2760hs/

Yeah, 1080p at 27" is less fine then monitors made in 1996.. I believe at the time, or right around there, some of them new models had extra fine pixel pitches around .231.. quoted a .20 but actually resolved around .231 to .26, thats the fine p12 phosphor in a shadow mask configuration. Don't feel bad, billion are taken every year. I guess it depends what you are doing too. Two feet is too far to see well. Been there pal. See this is the problem. The best reading, the more efficient eye reading is just about an arms length from you.. any farther, and your productivity, or efficiency in reading, or dealing with detail, goes down.

It's called close range vision. Two feet, is out of optimum working range i figure. Our eyes have adapted to digest detail at close range. No pitch and size is going to make up for that, if you place the monitor far back. 24" 1440p i think is great, that is an upgrade from 1998, instead of a pixel pitch "downgrade". I think a 27" display might be great for gaming. I had a 30" for awhile, not so good for reading. I used a 27" apple thing daily, for awhile too.. in a lab, I don't recall it being as good as things are now., That said i'ld like to try out a 1440p or higher 27" display for gaming, i think that might be fun.

Put aside what I said I had a thought, even with a 27" @1440p are there some people who find 27" is just to big to game on ?

Back