27" 1080 Eye strain relief productivity monitor

My previous attempt to find reviews for great1440p 32" productivity monitor doesn't go so well. So I now look for 27" 1080p dual monitor setup. I want 1080p because I sit 3+ feet away from monitor and 1440p for 27" native text just too small. While there are plenty of 27" 1080p monitors all around, reviews are scarce as well. Can someone point me to good 27" monitor for eye strian relief productivity monitor (brand and model)?

What I am looking for in a monitor are (listing from most important feature to least):

1080p (because I sit 3+ feet away)
no PWM
Great glare performance, matt screen with heavier AG coating preferred ( the monitor is going to a bright room near big glass door with afternoon sun)
IPS or VA
no curve screen
RGB sub-pix format
true 8 bit without FRC or better
good backlight with good color reproduction and eye relief
<$250
SRGB color space
low blue light

Mostly for text and graphics.

So far, the only review that I found that is promising is: HP27f at rtings.com. I am sure Dell, Benq, ASUS or LG must have something that is better than HP just that I can't find much useful reviews regarding glare performance and pixel format. Dell has S, SE and P series monitor at 27" 1080p. Many Asus monitors seem to have light AG coating so bright room maybe a problem. Can someone share their experience and/or reviews on monitor that fits above requirements?

I am looking at this thing on this thread. Not sure about whether or not it has PWM. It looks like we may be looking for similar features, so if you get something good before I do, please let me know so that I can check it out.

Swingdjted,
I think Dell you linked probably does not use PWM. It says flicker free in description. I am mainly looking at 1080p screens as I site 3+ feet away from monitor so I have not looked at 1440p screens. I'll try to visit a few local stores to see if there are any 27" screen on display. If you come across any review on currently available monitor that fits what I am looking for, please let me know.

I find out that HP27f doesn't have VESA mount. Not sure what HP is thinking.... Also, HP27f is 6bit+2bit FRC. Anyone know how HP P274's anti-glare compares to HP27f? P274 has VESA mount. I think all HP 1080 27" monitors are all 6bit+2bitFRC....
I also have visited local stores. Not many monitor is on display. Anyone know of a 27" 1080p monitor that satisfies my needs?

The decision makers at my work gave me all I asked for and more, without even charging any of the cost towards my yearly supply budget. I somehow got lucky. So that dell I was describing above and in the other thread will arrive soon from what I've been told, but better yet, they bought me a whole new good tower to mate with it and a 1080p web cam. I guess I got lucky. I will post back once it arrives and let you know if it's as good as it sounds.

It's all set up at work. The monitor seems to be as good as advertised,except I think there's a stuck pixel. I'll investigate that tomorrow. Like any monitor, it was shipped with settings too bright, but opening a Word doc and adjusting brightness to match a piece of paper beside the monitor fixes that. I've already found some situations where portrait orientation can be a helpful feature, even though for most stuff I stick with landscape. The fast and easy change between the two is good. The resolution is plenty to have data on one side and communication on the other side. That was probably my biggest reason for the change in computers. No more excessive scrolling and minimizing/switching between windows. It took a whole new computer to do it because monitors of this resolution don't accept old blue VGA, which is the only output of my old computer. The monitor's USB hub really helps in terms of smartphone & tablet communication/charging plus hooking up the short wire of the web cam that I needed for videoconferencing.

They gave me this tower:

https://www.cdw.com/product/lenovo-...-gen-tower-core-i7-9700-3-ghz-32-gb-5/5615633

Seems perfect for the kind of work I do. I don't need a lot of graphics power, but I do need fast page loads and fast app loads. We have a very strong internet connection plus this tower's relatively strong processing, fast RAM (at least fast compared to any of my colleagues), and fast NVMe storage teamed with good servers. 32GB RAM was much more than I asked for, but perhaps some day a few years from now it will be helpful. I sometimes use pictures from a SD card, and this has a reader for that, plus it's nice to play old CDs on the optical drive. Having this new toy makes work a bit more fun, plus more efficient and less annoying. That all adds up to better productivity, which probably justifies their spending the money on it.

Back