260GTX vs 460GTX

exdeath85

n00b
i know its a dumb question but about how much better is the 460GTX 1GB to the best 260GTX 55nm in percent
both cards are reference stock

im asking cuz my 8600GTS is getting old and cant run games like just cause 2 and metro 2033 and Singularity

i have a dell XPS 410 and cant upgrade so im gona get a new pc and woudering can i do with a older card like the 275 or 285 no sli

also who has the better warranty maingear or digitalstorm online i like how main gear is worded but not digital storm to many at sole discrestion crap

the only game i have to play in the next year or so is guild wars 2 and diablo 3
so im thinking i dont need a new gaming pc after all

Why don't you build your own PC? It's cheaper and way more rewarding :)

i guess i could i have no exp in building pcs i do know its ez tho the only place that has all the stuff i need is newegg i do get 2 460 1gb gtx and a 1200w corsair psu for the same price as digital storm but i dont feel comfortable about buying from any site were they site sends me the parts and i might get a doa or more and have to go through the hassle of returns and all

i dont know what ill do when i have to get a new gaming pc

i will not buy from dell for sure
maingear and digital storm r the ones im looking at rit now

No need for that big of a PSU. Depending on the other components you will be just fine with a cheaper 750W PSU.

Yup, I've bought more then my wallet cares to remember. Just ordered a full build from them today. Not for me unfortunately, building it for a friend :p

I've probably put about 20g through Newegg. I very rarely have had issues and in those cases, they were pretty good about taking care of it quickly.

well if the prices of system builder have not come down in 6 months ill might buy from newegg just dont know what thermal grease to get i will not be overclocking my cpu or gpu at all

heres the build i have now on newegg
COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper
ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366
Intel Core i7-930
CORSAIR XMS3 6GB 1600Mhz
CORSAIR Professional Series AX850
ASUS Xonar DX 7.1
evga GeForce GTX 460 1GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 6Gb/s
2xLITE-ON Black 24X dvd burners
ZALMAN CNPS10X Extreme
coolermaster fans 4x 120mm 1 140mm