2600k vs 2500k vs 3570k advice

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
So here's the deal. I got in on the $199 2600k deal at my local MC, but I ended up choosing to go with a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H since the only 2 bundle boards at the time were fairly "meh" in terms of what I wanted in a motherboard. This brings my total to $390+tax. Now, I mainly only push my PC by gaming, so I know that the 2500k would give me just as much performance as the 2600k in 99% of what I do. MC is still offering a combo deal, so I could get the 2500k and the same Gigabyte board for $320+tax. Then there's also the fact that they will be selling the 3570k on the 29th.

Anyway, I can't make up my mind on what I should do. Should I just keep the 2600k and build? Should I return everything, and pick up the 2500k combo (same mobo)? Should I wait for IB on the 29th? I also thought about doing the 2500k combo, selling the CPU, and buying a 3570k....

Bah, it's a tough decision. Any advice is appreciated!

Saving $20 isn't worth the hassle of returning the parts. So stick with the 2600K.

You got a brand new 2600K for $200...and it was hard to get since almost every MC went OoS pretty much immediately. Relish and enjoy it. :cool:

Saving $20 isn't worth the hassle of returning the parts. So stick with the 2600K.

It would be a $70 dollar difference since I didn't get the combo discount on the UD5H. I know $20 isn't worth it, it but $70 is fairly significant.

Yeah but 199 means you could still sell that processor next year for what you paid for it. Try that with any other components you buy! Decent value. Keep it!

It would be a $70 dollar difference since I didn't get the combo discount on the UD5H. I know $20 isn't worth it, it but $70 is fairly significant.

Hmmmm...if your return period is past the 29th, then return for IB if you really feel $70 minus gas cost and times spent is worth it.

Keep what ya got man. Unless you want an Ivy.

Not worth the hassle for a downgrade though.

I say you keep the 2600k. If you find that you need to upgrade to IB (which I doubt you will), you will still have a great cpu.

Back