2600K for $199.99 email...

JCNiest5

2[H]4U
Hey yall, did anyone of you receive an email from Micro Center about the $199.99 for the 2600K? In the email, it's listed as $199.99, but when you actually go to their site, it becomes $279.99. What a deal if it's really that cheap. Gonna grab a few just for the heck of it.

I got the e-mail as well. Most likely in store only, but well worth it.

I believe it's limit 1 per customer, but of course you could go back another day.
It's also quite possible that the $50 off the motherboard is still applicable as it is on their website. This is even better than the FB coupon deal + $50 off I got in on a few months back!

I wish they would add more stores. The closest one to me is 2 hours away.

I work 5 minutes away from one :D.... going to swing by soon to snatch one during lunch break

Shows the price on their site for me. I choose Dallas as the city. This is crazy tempting..... Debating on this or waiting on Ivy Bridge....... Damn!

Is it a worthwhile upgrade to go to the i7 2600k from the i5 750 when it comes to gaming? I've already OC'd to 3.8Ghz stable with my i5. I'm planning to pick up a GeForce 670 ti or whatever they'll call their $350 - $400 dollar range 600 series GPU once its released with aftermarket cooling.

Read the email, it's "In Store ONLY".
that said, this may be the deal that pushes me over the edge and build a new system :eek:

Shows the price on their site for me. I choose Dallas as the city. This is crazy tempting..... Debating on this or waiting on Ivy Bridge....... Damn!
I'm thinking the same :cool:

Is it a worthwhile upgrade to go to the i7 2600k from the i5 750 when it comes to gaming? I've already OC'd to 3.8Ghz stable with my i5. I'm planning to pick up a GeForce 670 ti or whatever they'll call their $350 - $400 dollar range 600 series GPU once its released with aftermarket cooling.

Definitely! Go for it, especially at this rediculous price!

Does MC allow exchange? I bought a 2500k couple days ago and install it

And the $50 off motherboard bundle does apply as well. This is one smoking deal!

I'm not seeing the $50 off motherboard with the 2600k, only the 2500k. The advertised specials PDF says it's 2500k+Z68 only.

I'm not seeing any option as well when adding to cart? Is the $50 dollar discount on mobo instore only?

I'm not seeing any option as well when adding to cart? Is the $50 dollar discount on mobo instore only?

yup all these deals are in store only, you can see the discount after you add a z68 board and 2500k in your shopping cart. doesnt work with the 2600k deal for me. :(

Last edited:
I went and bought one, very bad OCer. Can't even stabilize it at 5Ghz at 1.525v+! If anyone wants to know the batch, it's 3202B162. Don't buy that batch. Get a different one.

I went and bought one, very bad OCer. Can't even stabilize it at 5Ghz at 1.525v+! If anyone wants to know the batch, it's 3202B162. Don't buy that batch. Get a different one.

Which one did you go to?

Can't exactly choose which batch you get...

Not to mention everyone knows it's a crapshoot how well the 2600k overclocks, even within the same batch.

Kicking myself for doing the $250 facebook deal a month ago, oh well, it was worth the 50 bucks for the month.

These two motherboards are listed in the April flyer as receiving combo discounts with the 2600k. both work with the $199 offer:
$70 when bundled Asus P8Z68-V LX LGA 1155 Z68 ATX
$110 when bundled Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Z68 ATX

This is false. I'm not sure what the website is telling people, but I spoke to the guys at MC this morning when I picked up my 2600k. MC guys are explicitly telling people that this deal does not stack with any motherboard discounts. If the website allows this, then you guys are getting lucky (and may be reversed when you go to pickup).

My MC is also making customers fill out a form with the stuff you are buying. I asked about it, and the guy said they use this to keep track of how many processors people buy. Apparently so many people are buying their 2500k and 2600k CPUs that they are trying to cut down on the number of people buying and reselling them in bunches. :eek: Nothing stops you from filling out someone else's info on this form, but if you have to take it to checkout and your CC has a different name on it, that might not go over so well.

Santa Clara MC still had plenty of stock when I picked up this morning, but I'm not sure how long it will last.

This is false. I'm not sure what the website is telling people, but I spoke to the guys at MC this morning when I picked up my 2600k. MC guys are explicitly telling people that this deal does not stack with any motherboard discounts. If the website allows this, then you guys are getting lucky (and may be reversed when you go to pickup).
How can you say this is false? Both boards show discounts when placed in the shopping cart for checkout. The website isn't telling people anything, it is applying discounts promised on page 3 of the April advertised specials flyer when you purchase one of two select motherboards with a 2600k. No where does it state you must pay XXX for the 2600k or that it cannot be combined with any other promotional pricing. I do not see any language in the $199 email which states that it doesn't stack with other advertised specials so I am not sure what the problem would be. Because someone in your specific store supposedly wouldn't allow it? You did not even say if you tried to get the combo and were refused. Sounds to me like your store's manager is upset with the increased sales and traffic and is doing everything in his power to deter additional sales and make it a pain for customers who actually do show up to his store.

A WARNING to anyone going to Santa Clara MC but it certainly isn't false.

I got the same batch at the microcenter in marietta ga. Not planning on a major oc though. Picked up the p8z68-v lx for $269.99

Yeah, that MicroCenter must be really strict or something. The Marietta, GA and Duluth, GA stores I frequent are so laid back. Heck, I even got them to price match some stuff on Amazon and Newegg in the past (when I was buying large orders).

That is an awesome deal, I got mine with the facebook coupon for $229 a few months ago.

You did not even say if you tried to get the combo and were refused.
I did try and get the combo, and yes it was refused. MC in the past has done this before (disallowing online advertised deals due to some arbitrary restrictions).

YMMV. Congratulations for anyone able to pull off this combo.

plenty in stock when I first looked....a few hours later...gone. Everyone must have got out of work and went to get one.

Considering Ivy is a flaming hot mess, he who hesitates is lost. :(

Got one at the Maryland location this afternoon, now both MD and NO. VA. locations are sold out!

Yeah, that MicroCenter must be really strict or something. The Marietta, GA and Duluth, GA stores I frequent are so laid back. Heck, I even got them to price match some stuff on Amazon and Newegg in the past (when I was buying large orders).

K1tty, the Atlanta area MC's are really good about price matching. Even if I just end up buying a killawatt, they are willing to price match for me.

Got one from the same batch, I can't hit 5ghz at anything below 1.5v either. My chip did 4.8ghz at 1.38v but I'm happy with it at 4.6ghz/1.3v

3cUe2.jpg

Back