2600K $230 @ MicroCenter B&M (Facebook coupon)

I never got the coupon evne though I liked. WTF?
Microcenter's Facebook said:
We apologize that we have had to remove the Exclusive Deal tab due to technical difficulties. We found that some customers who had signed up for the Intel Core i7 2600K coupon we're failing to receive them. We are attempting to get coupons sent to all who signed up for them. Recipients will have 7 days to redeem their coupons after it has been printed.

I got my coupon. Going to be at MC this weekend. Now I got to decide on a new MB to go with it. I've narrowed my choices to ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 and the MSI P67A-GD65 (B3)... leaning to the Asus.

Good deal and I live half a mile from MC in Yonkers, NY. Wife says no. LOL

did you click the exclusive deals tab and fill the information out?

I had zero issues.

And now it may be too late if he didn't click the "exclusive deals" tab. That tag has not been on their Facebook page for close to two days now. Apparently there were some issues with the coupons that MC needed to fix. Supposedly that has been done now, but people are still saying they have not received their coupon.

MC has also not stated whether the exclusive deals link will be put back up. Originally it was stated that the registration would be through 01/29, and then the coupon would be valid for seven days after printing it.

MC also answered a question on their Facebook page about being able to use the coupon in conjunction with the $50 off a P67/Z68 motherboard bundle by saying this:

"you can use the coupon, however is cannot be used in conjunction with the $50 Mobo/i7 bundle savings."

That kind of defeats the purpose if you are intending on getting a mobo at the same time. I believe people have been able to stack it though depending on the store.

I'm happy I got in before hand and got the coupon and $50 off of a motherboard.

Yeah me too! I wonder if it would be on a store by store basis. My two MC stores are very different, almost as if entirely different companies with different policies etc. They gladly took the coupon and the $50 combo deal.

MC also answered a question on their Facebook page about being able to use the coupon in conjunction with the $50 off a P67/Z68 motherboard bundle by saying this:

"you can use the coupon, however is cannot be used in conjunction with the $50 Mobo/i7 bundle savings."

That kind of defeats the purpose if you are intending on getting a mobo at the same time. I believe people have been able to stack it though depending on the store.

Just fyi, I think the actual stores do in fact still give you the $50 off mobo savings with the coupon even though it might be against the rules. I think the system does it automatically. I could be wrong though I guess since ive never used a coupon with mobo combo.

Dunno, I never had a problem getting $50 off my Asrock Extreme 4 Gen 3 w/my 2600k. Probably hasn't trickled down to all the stores yet.

i just got home and opened my 2600k and guess what it is.. a piece of cardboard with a color photo taped to it.

FML.

Man this is total bullshit. I have "my exclusive coupon" in my email and it links to absolutely fuckin nothing!!!! FUCK YOU MICROCENTER!!!!!!

well.. I'm glad someone is enjoying it.. I am not.

Sorry, it's the alcohol talking. FWIW, this is not the first time I've seen this. A couple years ago someone over at OCN had this happen to them as well.
It turned out his was a "display" box.

I wonder what happened in their situation.

It really sucks. I talked to their chat line and they assured me MC will make it right. I hope so.

Does anyone know if Best Buy will price match this deal? I have a coupon, but really don't want to make the 150 mile round trip drive when there's a BB 20 minutes away.

Does anyone know if Best Buy will price match this deal? I have a coupon, but really don't want to make the 150 mile round trip drive when there's a BB 20 minutes away.

Extremely unlikely. If you get lucky and get a VERY lenient manager, there is a slight possibility.

BB is going to say no because the closest microcenter is not really local to you. I have tried it before with my local best buy and my local microcenter is only 45 minutes away and they told me no.

If I would get my damn settlement check already I would be making the hour and a half round trip to snag this and the rest of the parts for a new tower so I can make this I3 2100 a dedicated HTPC

I wonder what happened in their situation.

It really sucks. I talked to their chat line and they assured me MC will make it right. I hope so.

He got a real CPU. And I think they gave him some instore credit for his troubles too. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Just used my coupon. Motherboard combo came off too without a hitch. Awesome deal.

I just walked out of the store.. They made it right and were super nice to me

Finally got and used my coupon. Upgraded my current 2600k to one that can do 5ghz at much lower voltage and can bench at 5.4 on water.

Just used my coupon. Motherboard combo came off too without a hitch. Awesome deal.

What board did you get? I'm leaning to either ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 or the MSI P67A-GD65 (B3)... leaning to the Asus. Will either of these work with that MB offer?

Can't wait for tomorrow.... wish I could go tonight. Just priced out my new build between the Egg and MC and with the savings on the CPU and MB, I'm looking at saving $140!!! I hope they don't sell out. Its a long ass drive. ...hmm.... guess I should figure in gas and tax. :( but why dissapoint myself with those pesky details! haha :D

What board did you get? I'm leaning to either ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 or the MSI P67A-GD65 (B3)... leaning to the Asus. Will either of these work with that MB offer?

The non pro version of the asus board.

With tax of my purchases ($47) and gas ($15) I'm not sure if the deal was truly worth it. Guess I still saved about $40 or so, so I can't complain too much. The sales associate had to ok the deal with the manager first who thoroughly looked over the coupon before allowing the purchase. He also made sure there was no fine print about not using the coupon with another deal such as the $50 off combo deal with a motherboard. It was a long drive, but I'm very happy with this deal. Got the 2600IK, an P8Z68-V PRO GEN3, the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, and 2x4gig sticks of Corsair XMS RAM. The RAM may be resold cause I really want some G-Skill but MC doesn't stock it. Anyway, Great deal! Looking forward to getting my current setup backed up and start the rebuild. ... I may have to use one of my "personal days" from work this week. :D

I also had no problem stacking the deal with the $50 off MB purchase, it rings up just fine in the system

I picked up my 2600k / Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 mobo combo on Friday, got it up and running one Saturday, and am now just having fun transferring all my files around. I had to sign up under a 2nd email address, as my main addy never got the email. I also didn't have to "use" the printout, as the computer already had the proc set at $229 when he scanned it.

The funny thing is that when I got home Friday night, I had the email on my main account. Oh well, so far I'm liking it, now just have to reinstall all my apps and get my desktop tweaked back.

(also need to redo my sig hehe)

Buddy and I went and picked up 6 of them today...

and noticed that they gave us a 2600 instead of the K on one of them.... 2 hours drive back this week.... great.

My lesson learned is to check everything when you are in the checkout.. check and make sure the motherboard isn't a return, check and make sure you get the right CPU, check and make sure you don't get a picture of a CPU instead of an actual one.

Is this deal still going? If so i clicked the facebook link but i don't know where the registration form is.

Back