2600K $230 @ MicroCenter B&M (Facebook coupon)

Damn nice price. $10 cheaper than the 2500K bundle got with the cheapest z68 board.

Unless your program takes advantage of hyper threading i dont see ANY benefit to spending $50 on this over an i5 2500k...

0055, a friendly reminder that one such program you're overlooking or sometimes called an OS :), Windows 7 does in fact make use of threads. I've run my 2600k with hyper threading off and on, ran various benchmarks and not just that, but the feel of using Windows 7. You absolutely can tell the difference having these additional threads at your disposal vs. not having them.

Another important consideration is that for the additional cost, you are future proofing your rig. Many many games and apps make use of these additional threads. Nearly any new game / app coming out does so too.

I see no downside at all. This is an amazing price and an amazing processor.

Your CPU is the core of any system, the heart and soul, the brains, etc. $50 dollars or whatever the small difference is more than worth it. People can get creative and earn / save $50 very easily. Skip a night out, the money saved from not going to Cheese Cake Factory and a movie out, the gas is $50 right there or, selling a few old Xbox games, etc.

I would be encouraging people, not discouraging them.

I plan on purchasing a 2500k this weekend at Microcenter. This is cheap enough to for me to consider getting it. It all depends on if I can use this coupon and still get $50 off a motherboard.

I plan on purchasing a 2500k this weekend at Microcenter. This is cheap enough to for me to consider getting it. It all depends on if I can use this coupon and still get $50 off a motherboard.

People on OCN are claiming you can, but i figured they wouldn't let you double dip, but definitely worth a try.

0055, a friendly reminder that one such program you're overlooking or sometimes called an OS :), Windows 7 does in fact make use of threads. I've run my 2600k with hyper threading off and on, ran various benchmarks and not just that, but the feel of using Windows 7. You absolutely can tell the difference having these additional threads at your disposal vs. not having them.

Another important consideration is that for the additional cost, you are future proofing your rig. Many many games and apps make use of these additional threads. Nearly any new game / app coming out does so too.

I see no downside at all. This is an amazing price and an amazing processor.

Your CPU is the core of any system, the heart and soul, the brains, etc. $50 dollars or whatever the small difference is more than worth it. People can get creative and earn / save $50 very easily. Skip a night out, the money saved from not going to Cheese Cake Factory and a movie out, the gas is $50 right there or, selling a few old Xbox games, etc.

I would be encouraging people, not discouraging them.

/agree - for gaming probably not a big deal but for me - in addition to gaming I use a few apps that are multithreaded that just fly with the 2600k not to mention the 2600K seems to oc better than the 2500K I sit at 4.8 Ghz with HT on no voltage bumps all I did was manually set everything to stock and away it flies. (YMMV)...if it is close to the same price as a 2500K I would say get it.

I guess I'm getting a 2600k... I guess a 2500k is going up for sale... DAMN you MC! why must you rape my wallet.

I guess I'm getting a 2600k... I guess a 2500k is going up for sale... DAMN you MC! why must you rape my wallet.
Draws you in with a sweet deal then fucks you over then draws you back in even though you know you shouldn't go back for seconds. Just like dating a crazy girl, except in the end you have a sweet rig to show off for it.

I bought a 2600k from them in june, can i use this coupon (I recently moved to a new address too)?

Only valid in stores.

The coupon should stack, I purchased my 2500k last month with the $20 facebook coupon, then they put them on sale this month and I took my receipt in for a credit, which they gave me for the mobo/cpu combo $50 off.

Yeah MC is a good 45 minute drive from me, and to be honest, I only go there if I need a CPU OR I also need to go to Fry's (although I'm starting to shy away from them as well as half their shit doesn't work out of the box it seems so that's 2 fucking trips I have to make)

I wish I had a MC near me.

Someone should go buy a bunch of them and sell it on hardforum for us :)

My local microcenter is about 45 minutes away and if they didn't have awesome cpu mobo deals like the $50 off a board I wouldn't shop there, they just blow newegg out of the water with the cpu pricing and it makes it worth it to take the little road trip

I wish I had a MC near me.

Someone should go buy a bunch of them and sell it on hardforum for us :)

1 per household is the rule there. You would have to take people with you so you could get a couple of them

I sold my last rig, a 1366 setup, all together and for a good/fair price ($850 recently) because the buyer wanted the extra threads for Flight Simulator X. That program takes advantage of hyperthreading. To me it is worth the extra $$ to buy the 2600k to future proof my PC and because the guy who bought my old PC knows other pilots, and he will certainly tell them about me. It may help me sell my 2600k rig after Ivy Bridge comes out. I know I would not have gotten that much by parting it out. Funny how SB affects the prices of 1366 gear! Plus it makes my [H] signature more badass!

too bad ivy bridge is soon to release.... plus this is close to $250 with tax

If you need the latest and greatest sure... but honestly I'm betting for these CPUs to last a bit longer (usefulness wise) that CPUs say 5-6 years ago. Hell I'm still rocking my Q9550, Sure I'm at a bottleneck as far as upgrading everything but the Video card & storage devices (mmm SSDs are sexy bitches!), DDR2 ram is too fucking high to justify what tiny increase in size I'd get, and the only CPUs I could possibly throw in this board won't give me shit for upgrade. But hell I feel this CPU will easily outlast into the next step of cpus and maybe the one after that, then at that time I might find a cheap DDR3 mobo, and get an i7 or something :D

I sold my last rig, a 1366 setup, all together and for a good/fair price ($850 recently) because the buyer wanted the extra threads for Flight Simulator X. That program takes advantage of hyperthreading. To me it is worth the extra $$ to buy the 2600k to future proof my PC and because the guy who bought my old PC knows other pilots, and he will certainly tell them about me. It may help me sell my 2600k rig after Ivy Bridge comes out. I know I would not have gotten that much by parting it out. Funny how SB affects the prices of 1366 gear! Plus it makes my [H] signature more badass!

How do you like your Asrock board? I'm thinking of getting the same one.

I just sold one of my 1366 rigs for $450 with a gtx 275 and a crap ton of hdd's... I need to find more guilable people lol.

Love the ASRock mobo! The way I look at selling my 1366 rig for $850. There is no way the guy could've bought anything close to the performance at retail for the same price. He still got a good deal in my opinion. And I got to build a Sandy Bridge PC.

What I love about SB: the processor runs so cool, even OCd to 4.4Ghz. It often runs in the 26-28C range at idle with my Mugen2 heat sink. vs. 44-47C with the W3540 processor @ 4GHz. And my Kill-A-Watt confirms it draws a lot less juice.

meh, ASRock Extreme4 Gen 3 and 2600k for $383 out the door... Just what I need another quad core computer.

Anyone interested in a 2600k. I can pick up one at Microcenter - only 5 minutes from my house.

Just pay the cost of the item plus s/h.

I had a friend pick up mine yesterday. Got a Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 and Intel 2600k for $380. So doing the happy dance right now!

Yesterday I got the 2600k and an Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 for $380-ish total. Pretty awesome getting $100 off :)

I live about 20 minutes from one MC and work about 15 minutes from another... not sure how I got so lucky :eek: I was debating getting a couple more 2600k + mobo bundles and selling them here.

I live about 20 minutes from one MC and work about 15 minutes from another... not sure how I got so lucky :eek: I was debating getting a couple more 2600k + mobo bundles and selling them here.

Same here - I live about 5 minutes from one and also work about 20 minutes for another.

Do you live in NY?

Used the coupon yesterday to snag a 2600K and a P8Z68-V/GEN3. Posting from the new rig now.

Thanks, OP.

Ivy Bridge is not soon to release, it's coming in early April most likely. It's only the end of January.
Might be worth the 3 month wait for those that have a computer but are holding out for a big upgrade (like me :p).

Back