$26000 RTX 4090 4Way

I thought my old system was the best thing since sliced bread.
Currently in the process of tearing it down and cleaning all the soot from it since it was in a house fire last October.
IMG_3543.JPEG

From what I've heard from weirdos who do work on their computers, a lot of the storage is on a separate server and they just need an SSD for local file manipulation. Checking the website and converting 28,800,800 won to USD gets me ~$22k, so not too bad I guess if you're not willing to build something like that yourself and want support. Builds of similar workstations from major companies are way more from what I've seen (For example: https://shop.lambdalabs.com/gpu-workstations/vector/customize), and I like the watercooling aspect of this since I'm assuming it keeps noise somewhat tolerable.
Fast storage is paramount with RAW 12K video, for one example.

And Roger on the CP/M system. 1978 CCS S100 user here! Mine had dual 8" floppy drives, a whopping (then) 64 KB of RAM and Z80 at 4.77MHz.
Also had some Sanyo PCs running IBM DOS on NEC V20 CPUs. Those were 8bit ISA machines to control brine chillers in 1983.

It's amazing when you think today how much CPU is needed just to load Windows to the desktop in mere seconds.

Re: "what for?"
Machine Learning and rendering. People are definitely using systems like this for productivity, content creation, and research stuff.

There's someone on this board, don't recall username rn, who has been building systems like this since the olde 2cpu.com days for doing Actual Work. Last I saw he was running dual Xeons and multiple 3090Ti in a highly-modified TT P3.

Workstation Stuff these days can often use as many GPUs as one can throw at it, especially any "AI" type thing.
He’s got dual 4090 in each now. Using asus sage boards. He has two of them.

From what I've heard from weirdos who do work on their computers, a lot of the storage is on a separate server and they just need an SSD for local file manipulation. Checking the website and converting 28,800,800 won to USD gets me ~$22k, so not too bad I guess if you're not willing to build something like that yourself and want support. Builds of similar workstations from major companies are way more from what I've seen (For example: https://shop.lambdalabs.com/gpu-workstations/vector/customize), and I like the watercooling aspect of this since I'm assuming it keeps noise somewhat tolerable.
All depends on the size of the file you’re working with. Goal is keep as much off system unless you’re actually processing on it.

Hahaha That's the problem you get fat by sitting around. It's been awhile. I went off for other things but still kept playing games. I'm back now till my time runs out.

Nice,lol I retired around 10 years now and still playing games and getting fat.

Exactly who would pay for this crazy build? And why?

Are there any games that can utilitize 4 x 4090? What else?

Is this a one-off, or is this company planning to sell this build, presumably build-to-order?

Inquiring minds want to know.

E-peen

This is the kind of setup that the old CaseLabs Magnum cases were perfect for holding. No need to have a separate and vulnerable cooling pod.

Back