2600+ Mobile.

carblow12

Limp Gawd
I am just wondering what is so good about this 2600+ MOBILE, I am just wondering b/c people are telling to get it but no reason behind well thnx cya.

As of right now, mobile processors are not multiplier super-locked, and some theories suggest that they are the best chips out of the batch because they run stable at such low voltages. YMMV

With laptops you have to be able to cut down on power to the hardware in order to add to battery life. The 2500+ Mobile has to be able to run at its 1.8GHz frequency at only 1.45v. The normal desktop barton 2500+ runs 1.8Ghz at 1.65v. Also laptops adjust the speed of the processor to conserve energy. If your just sitting there not doing anything at all it will drop the speed down to like 800Mhz. And then as the need arises it will speed it back up again. Its called PowerNow!. And because it works that way, the multiplier has to be unlocked. So thats another good feature of the mobile processor. I dont see why AMD was so stupid and have these processors that are fully compatible on a desktop motherboard with an unlocked multi and able to run stock at 1.45v. They should of like changed the pin count so they would only work on mobile laptop motherboards. Its just one more thing that will cut their sales of the higher end Athlon XP's.

Back